Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-13, 08:19 PM   #1
AvikemArruters
Watch

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default NEED HELP MODDING SPEED

My Submarine is So Slow! I cannot catch up with any hostile target even on Extreme Speed. Submerged I go at 12 knots which is pathetic considering my enemies can go up to 35 knots. I am using V1.05. I cannot download the new updates because I don't have internet (I am using Internet at a Public Library) so I need help. And Please DO NOT refer me to Cheat Happens that technique doesn't work I don't think and I have tried using Goblin Editor which results in multiple Save Files Crashing when I edit the Sub's Speed.
Oh and Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me come up with a solution. If ur solution doesn't work, thanks for trying.

Last edited by AvikemArruters; 09-29-13 at 08:30 PM.
AvikemArruters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 11:00 PM   #2
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvikemArruters View Post
I am using V1.05. I cannot download the new updates because I don't have internet (I am using Internet at a Public Library) so I need help.
Welcome aboard.
You'll have to scan the ocean until you see ships. 5-10 km away is usually good. Then dive to periscope depth or deeper and listen with hydrophones and set up an intercept course. Go for merchant ships. They are slower and usually more tonnage.

With the proper patch, the most we can go is about 8 knots submerged. About 15-17 knots surfaced. The game is up to version 1.2. Somehow you'll have to get to the internet and get a proper patch.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/listi...ficial_Patches

Only found patch 1.1 on ubi.com
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 05:49 AM   #3
Harmsway!
XO

Downloads: 126

Load the game in one of the preset missions that places the sub in attack position. The targets then will be coming your way. A submarine is not like a loin that chases its prey down but more like a frog that waits for a fly to come its way.

Don't use Campaign mode unless you want to learn the realities of setting up your sub for attack. This is where you become a master of stealth not quickness and brain not power is what wins.

SH5 Quick Start Guide
Harmsway! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 06:41 AM   #4
Malagueta
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20

Quote:
My Submarine is So Slow! I cannot catch up with any hostile target even on Extreme Speed. Submerged I go at 12 knots which is pathetic considering my enemies can go up to 35 knots. I am using V1.05. I cannot download the new updates because I don't have internet (I am using Internet at a Public Library) so I need help. And Please DO NOT refer me to Cheat Happens that technique doesn't work I don't think and I have tried using Goblin Editor which results in multiple Save Files Crashing when I edit the Sub's Speed.
Oh and Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me come up with a solution. If ur solution doesn't work, thanks for trying.
Adding points to engine speed might help a little. You should plot an intercept course to ambush your target like the others said.I don't know about a mod that increases sub speed but trust me, waiting for your target to come to you is lot more fun .
Malagueta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 05:00 AM   #5
AvikemArruters
Watch

Downloads: 16
Default Thanks

Thanks for all your responses but I guess I'll have to restart the campaign; I'm really close to the end date and I'm finding it hard to intercept the British Task Force near Narvick
AvikemArruters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 12:50 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Thanks for all your responses but I guess I'll have to restart the campaign; I'm really close to the end date and I'm finding it hard to intercept the British Task Force near Narvick
You don't need to accomplish all the campaign objectives: campaign will go on anyway
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 04:08 PM   #7
Oleander
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 474

I usually chase on the surface and I only chase if I have a good opportunity.

Like the others have said, listen with the hydrophone and get a rough idea of their course and speed. Once you have that, surface and stay out of visual range, I usually stay out around 12km or so which beyond my own sight so I know they can't see me either. Run about halfway to your intercept and check the hydrophone again, if they're on course surface and run like hell. Once you turn to become perpendicular keep and eye out for their true position, they hydrophone will only get you so close, once you get a visual you can plot the true course and try and position yourself between 700-1000m abeam. That way if they decide to change course again you're close enough to correct and watch them suffer a catastrophic engine room explosion.
Oleander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silent hunter 5