SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-23, 08:41 PM   #1
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0
Default Fleetboat Interior for TMO

I have two SH4 installs, one Steam and the other Game front (which shows how much I like the game). One install has FOTRSU and the other TMO. Fleetboat Interiors works fine with FOTRSU, but I get a freeze and a CTD with TMO. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the TMO version with TMO and I deleted my SH4 folder from User/Documents, btw, so it's not that.

Thanks.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-23, 08:51 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
I have two SH4 installs, one Steam and the other Game front (which shows how much I like the game). One install has FOTRSU and the other TMO. Fleetboat Interiors works fine with FOTRSU, but I get a freeze and a CTD with TMO. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the TMO version with TMO and I deleted my SH4 folder from User/Documents, btw, so it's not that.

Thanks.
ah, but which TMO: TMO 2.5 from Ducimus or TMO ala Bubblehead1980?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-23, 06:39 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:

Thanks.
It is easier to manage two copies of SH4 if you download and use MultiSH4 v1.5 (or use the copy included in FotRSU mod pack). You do have to make certain that the FileManager.dll in the SH4 game folder is write-enabled by right-clicking on it, choosing Properties from the context menu, and on the General tab it opens to, make certain the "Read-only" tick box is clear. Now run MultiSH4 from within your game folder, and in the little dialog box it creates, name a new Save folder name, such as FRS for Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, or TMO for the Trigger Maru Overhauled, or whatever you want to name it. It cannot be over 3-characters in length, and you cannot use any special characters not allowed by the old DOS naming convention. Leave the SH4 named save folder for when you play the Stock game.

As to what KaleunMarco asks, that is really important for the Fleetboat Interiors - Officer's Quarters (FI-OQ) mod, in that in might not function correctly in regular TMO, since it was written for the Bubblehead1980 version. Also, make certain (if you have the newer Bubblehead1980 version) that you install the mod correctly and that it functions properly first, then add the FI-OQ to the mix.

When you post back to KM's question with which version of TMO you are using, also include the install path for your games please. That could also loom large in this.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-23, 10:54 AM   #4
D-Jones
Gunner

The plot thickens. I have TMO 2.5 loaded (with RSRDC). I was unaware that there was another TMO. How does it differ and where can I get it to find out for myself?

As to managing multiple installs, I just cut/paste SH4 out of File Explorer and onto my desktop and start a new game with another install whenever I get the urge. Been working fine.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-28-23, 07:38 PM   #5
propbeanie

Ahh yesh, the old fashioned Cut It And Paste It Out Of The Way trick - indeed. That does work also

As to the Bubbles version: Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH V2.0

Now, a couple of caveats 1. The mod is NOT compatible with RSRDC, and even some regular TMO mods 2. A partial reason for that is that he used quite a bit of FotRSU and other mods.

Old 06-28-23, 10:00 PM   #6
D-Jones
Gunner

Thanks, Prop. I'm going to check it out. Is this compatible with Fleetboat Interiors? (always another question).
Old 06-29-23, 05:49 AM   #7
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Quote:
Thanks, Prop. I'm going to check it out. Is this compatible with Fleetboat Interiors? (always another question).
Hey D-Jones Greetings..
The "Fleetboat Interiors" mod is compatible with TMO BH V2.0... The mod is NOT compatible with RSRDC
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6130
It is also compatible with FoTrS 100_FalloftheRisingSun Ultimate v1.8 since vickers03 built it for FoTrS originally.
I recommend that you pay particular attention to your assembly, otherwise there will be errors..!!!

I take this opportunity to greet the team that animates here: Beanie starring "boss"... KaleunMarco...s7rikeback...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 06-29-23 at 05:59 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-23, 05:53 PM   #8
propbeanie

Quote:
The plot thickens. I have TMO 2.5 loaded (with RSRDC). I was unaware that there was another TMO. How does it differ and where can I get it to find out for myself?

As to managing multiple installs, I just cut/paste SH4 out of File Explorer and onto my desktop and start a new game with another install whenever I get the urge. Been working fine.

Thanks for the replies.
btw D-Jones. there is nothing wrong with downloading vickers03's version of the FI-OQ mod written for Bubblehead1980's TMO version, and seeing if it will work. If the game crashes, just de-activate it. Be sure you have kept a copy of your Save folder prior to trying to run the game with it though - just-in-case...

Old 06-30-23, 01:38 PM   #9
D-Jones
Gunner

Thanks for the replies. As always, questions answered lead to more questions (my therapist and I are working on that). When I install TMO-BH and test it with Submarine School's 'Torpedo Attack', it works well until I fire torpedoes and go to the attack map. Then it CTDs. As per instructions, I installed TMO-BH in the following order--

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH
NavMapMakeoverTMOUpdate (Required-Included)
NavMapmakeoverTMOupdatePatch (Required-Included)
EAX_Clang_Splash_Dud for TMO Update(Required-Included)
Any other Requiired mods or add ons.

I DID delete the Save folder from 'File Explorer'. What I didn't do was unintall and reinstall the entire game. Also, I assume that the 'Required Mods' are the ones included with TMO-BH, although they seem to be mainly for 'aesthetic'/atmospheric purposes. There's also a 'Required Add-Ons' folder. Do all of the folders have to be installed? There are a lot.

Any ideas? From the Mod's description, I'd really like to try it out. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to keep trying.

Last edited by D-Jones; 06-30-23 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-30-23, 03:10 PM   #10
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default BH assembly

Hey D-Jones Salutation
Here is my list for Help..
[MODS]
Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0=1
Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0=2
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0=3
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0=4
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01=5
EAX_splash_clang_TMOV2.0=6
BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO=7
Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0=8
Torpedoes Early_TNTV4B=9
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3=10
SH4_original_4k_normal_maps_TMO=11
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SPEARFISH_SS190=12
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SPEARFISH_SS190=13

I play the period of the beginning of the war ... that's why I use certain modules ... The mod of BH has certain modules according to the periods to play ...
Here the module Number 2 "Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0" this one is cosmetic because I like to play with the interiors a fabulous work of master vickers03..In the S class and another class.. I don't know which one!!! you will be able to observe the condensation on the dials.. and many other details it is all simply splendid...bravo Masters vickers03
Module number 7 & 8 are pre-war. The other modules are cosmetic...
Read the supplied BH doc carefully,Some modules are different depending on the period you play.. otherwise you will produce a bad assembly...
BH's mod is one of the hardest I've played and believe me, your decision making skills will be put to the test...!!!...!!! Proceed as a real commander would have done... during the day, watch out for planes, mandatory immersion during attacks, destroyers are deadly.... if you have reading experience and documentation on USSMC navy actions you will love this mod... If you play in maximum realism it is a must. I have approached the RFB mods.. TMO... FOTRS etc..... I would say that FOTRS has been taking a very good turn for some time, it is one of the prettiest... great sound... great content but some small inconvenience of rigid navigation and other odds and ends which are known by the team which never ceases to bring the best to this splendid mods...RFB 2.0 and very good too and has its share of difficulties but alas has not been updated for a long time ... but I strongly recommend it ...

I hope that BH will be back soon... I understand that real life occupies him so much that he doesn't have time... besides, I take this opportunity to send him my best regards and my friendship...
Good luck my dear D-Jones...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 06-30-23 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-30-23, 07:58 PM   #11
D-Jones
Gunner

Yeah. That's pretty much what I have installed and in that order. I still get the CTD though after I fire torpedoes. I did a fresh install also--the entire game.
Old 06-30-23, 08:22 PM   #12
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Yeah. That's pretty much what I have installed and in that order. I still get the CTD though after I fire torpedoes. I did a fresh install also--the entire game.
Do you play the pre War period??? because it's strange I don't have this problem..
here a shot I shot 3 torpedos without problems at the moment...

which submarine, is which date, I need more details...
it's late for me GMT 3h27....!!! I will contact you tomorrow...
Old 06-30-23, 09:50 PM   #13
D-Jones
Gunner

So far I've only tested it with the Submarine School's torpedo attack mission. Since I get a CTD when firing torpedoes there, I assume the same will happen if I start a career. I notice that when zooming the periscope in on the Cruiser, it fills up the entire scope. That might indicate a problem. If I go to the Attack Map, CTD.

To be more specific about what I installed, I installed everything in order-

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH
NavMapMakeoverTMOUpdate (Required-Included)
NavMapmakeoverTMOupdatePatch (Required-Included)
EAX_Clang_Splash_Dud for TMO Update(Required-Included)
Any other Requiired mods or add ons.

and then all the 'Required mods' and 'Required Add ons' that came with it. No luck.
Old 07-01-23, 05:45 AM   #14
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

radar ctd in school

Hey D-Jones Greetings...
Indeed during the torpedo shooting training mission on the Cruiser I have the same problem as you...!! lol..
I didn't realize it before because I never play these missions...I tried several methods at the moment...but I got CtD each time...

It's surprising because in the countryside it happened to me once or twice. I had reported it to BH but he pointed out to me that there could be random "CtDs" depending on the circumstances... now I advise you to start a campaign and see if this happens because for my part I have already torpedoed in the campaign...
you should ask KaleunMarco or Beanie if they know the origin of the problem...because I'm not a modder but sometimes it happens I fix certain things...
Old 07-01-23, 07:09 AM   #15
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default TmO BH 2.0 New assembly

I just did a different edit..

[MODS]
Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0=1
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0=2
Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0=3
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0=4
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01=5
EAX_splash_clang_TMOV2.0=6
BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO=7
Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0=8
Torpedoes Early_TNTV4B=9
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3=10
SH4_original_4k_normal_maps_TMO=11

If you carry out the attack mission of the convoy no problem... but that of the Cruiser mission torpedoing... I always have "CtD" So I recommend that you play your campaign...