SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-19, 08:47 PM   #2836
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Trimming a tree, but I'm so anal
with U on that! I organized a small block party to clean up palm fronds blown down from three tall palm trees in the 50+ mph gusting winds and put them into yard waste bins for tomorrows garbage pickup. Each 6' frond has to be snipped on half and some are caught on power lines-generally the street's a total mess. The power failure is still in effect for my area & no resolution appears imminent. My wife and I are in the dark; enjoying an old fashion(bourbon) and I'm having a vodka gimlet...the ice cubes are slightly melted as the fridge has been off 18 hours. Peanut butter and jam is on the menu. Our emergency radio is on...hey it's camping! The candles are lit. The automoblile jump-start powerpack is charging the cell phones and my Samsung tablet is somehow 'tethered' to a old laptop using an Ellypsis jetpack to get on wifi so I can actually post this...whatever works! EDIT: LO! No sooner do we settle in for a cheese and cracker supper in the dark with a local gewurztraminer than power is restored as of 7:37 PM! So now its blowing out the candles and recharging everything for the next power outage while watching the World Series...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-27-19 at 09:50 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:40 AM   #2837
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

It's going to be a busy week this week, done the weekend overtime just got to get through the mayhem.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 08:10 AM   #2838
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Looking forward to a hopefully good day ahead.

1pm TOON at home to Wolves and 5-30pm Mexican Grand Prix and possibly Lewis Hamilton winning his sixth world championship.

If the wife has any tv plans she can go into one of the bedrooms to watch whatever on a smaller screen
Turned out to be a day of mixed fortunes. TOON threw away a goal lead to draw and Hamilton won in Mexico but is still four points short to secure the championship,

He should manage that in the US Grand Prix in Austin Texas next week.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 02:32 PM   #2839
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
While hosting visitors from my Minnesota hometown/college days out for business and serious wine tasting in the quake rattled Napa valley, I'm in the midst of new lawn resodding, sprinklers, new concrete patios/front walk to repair quake damage over 12 years. Also replacing the 20'x8' veggie planter-boxes with new redwood ones. Apparently the 20-year-old processed wood ones that have served till now are hazardous to health! These will be higher; so easier on the back-nuthin like a home-grown salad and corn-on-the-cob w/o a sore back!
SOME OF THE SPOTS I WINE TASTED AT LAST WEEK NO LONGER EXIST OVER IN THE KINCADE FIRE NOW GOING ON IN SONOMA COUNTY NOW UP TO 66,000ACRES STILL ONLY 5% CONTAINED; ONE MY FAVORITES: THE 150 YEAR OLD SODA ROCK WINERY: AT 0700 I USED MY YARD BLOWER( NOW THAT ELECTRIC POWER'S RESTORED) TO BLOW OUT THE FRONT WALK AND REAR PATIO STEEL REBAR GRIDS OF ALL THE WINDBLOWN LEAVES AND CRAP FROM YESTERDAY'S WINDSTORM; I FINISHED BY 0900- A SOLID TWO HOUR EFFORT BY A 68 YEAROLD IMHO; AND AT 10:00 THE CONCRETE GUYS ARRIVED & ARE NOW POURING THE CONCRETE AS I POST THIS. FRONT> BACK> <(PHOTOS ENLARGE) WHAT I DO FOR THE ECONOMY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-28-19 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-19, 06:36 AM   #2840
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just found out my sister-in-law will be on tv tonight in the BBC The One Show so hopefully it will be fun viewing.

Old 10-29-19, 06:54 AM   #2841
STEED
Lucky Jack

I'm shagged out and got two more nights of mayhem, thank goodness for Lucozade.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-29-19, 08:49 PM   #2842
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Enjoying a heavy snowfall while I sit in my warm apartment drinking hot tea.
Good luck with your eye operation Thursday Steve

Make sure they do the right eye and tell them to leave your kidney alone
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 07:00 AM   #2843
STEED
Lucky Jack

One more night of mayhem to get through and then my weekend break. Thinking about going to see Terminator DF.

Old 10-30-19, 08:23 AM   #2844
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just been informed I've won £20 on People's Postcode Lottery

Old 10-30-19, 10:28 AM   #2845
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

^TWENTY POUNDS ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER IN YOUR WALLET THAN ON YOUR TUMMY!

Old 10-30-19, 10:41 AM   #2846
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

True that and is always a helpful step toward a bottle of Nelsons Blood.

Old 10-30-19, 06:47 PM   #2847
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Just been informed I've won £20 on People's Postcode Lottery
Jim is......

Old 11-02-19, 12:17 PM   #2848
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I finally had my second Cataract surgery done on Thursday. The Chief Ophthalmology Resident finally managed to call me last night at around 18:30. She commented on my enthusiasm for having the two different focal lengths, and said that attitude is a major part of healing and if I wanted it that badly she would support me. She said she would have to run it by her boss, who is the surgeon who will be doing the operation. I said that if in the end we couldn’t convince him and he said he really thinks it’s a bad idea, I would let that be the bottom line and just live with both eyes being long-range. I’ll meet Brent downstairs at 10:00.

I met my ride Friday morning, and we got to the VA with plenty of time to spare. I didn't meet the Chief Ophthalmology Surgeon or even the Chief Resident. Instead I met a young woman doctor of middle-eastern extraction. She introduced herself and said she would be performing the operation. The Attending Nurse, a young man, verified what was being done and to which eye by asking me. I noticed that they verified a short-range lens without question, so obviously they agreed to give the the two different focal lengths.

The operation only took about twenty minutes, and I was awake the whole time. A bit dingy and disoriented, but awake. After I got home I expected to sleep the whole afternoon, but I was awake until about 21:00.

Yesterday morning I drove up there for the follow-up. They had me read the eye chart and asked if I had tried to read anything else. I said I could see clearly but couldn't actually read anything. She said that was normal and scheduled me for another appointment in two weeks. Compared to the horrible experience I had after the first surgery in December, I'd say that right now I'm feeling pretty good.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-02-19, 04:41 PM   #2849
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Good to hear, i hope all will go well for you

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 07:20 PM   #2850
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I'm glad to hear things went well, Steve. On wards and upwards.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote