SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-23, 11:08 AM   #286
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Blackswan40: Bad news. When I went to play the sim a second time, it reverted back to the 1024x768 small window. No matter what I change I can't enlarge it back to full screen.

dep
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-23, 02:45 PM   #287
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Deputy is your GPU AMD or nvidia can you set your resolution through your GPU software.
If your still having issues try this i did this on my old i5 8gig laptop with built in graphics play the video and keep stopping it so you can make notes it works and you get your games working in full screen.

blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-23, 07:10 AM   #288
rokvam
Watch

Downloads: 68
Default Probably a silly question but here goes...

I might have overlooked this, but is there a thread or list indicating exactly what is new in the 2022 version vs the 2020 version.

I have experienced difficulty in the past when updating from older versions, so before I do, it would be nice to know what the main changes are.

Can you direct me to a post or thread where this is listed, or can you list the changes quicly in a reply?

Very respectfully
Ron
Old 09-03-23, 10:23 AM   #289
Deputy
Chief

I figured it out by accident! I uninstalled and re-installed and this time I put the sim in the SHIII folder as a sub-folder. Works perfect. Before, I had it as a separate folder in the C: drive. Not sure why this matters, but it's fixed.
Old 09-03-23, 11:23 AM   #290
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Deputy if you are playing a campaign activate the built in LSH2022 Commander Mod it asks you where your SH3 LSH2022 Install is once you have pointed your LSH2022 Install is then you can enter your Kapitans name flotilla Patrol Grid and uboat number war year and off you go
Happy Hunting Sir Your Assignment is strategic send those troublesome tommies to davy jones locker
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-23, 02:09 PM   #291
Deputy
Chief

Thanks blackswan!
Old 10-04-23, 11:41 AM   #292
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 532
Default DD Destroyer with tail under water

I play LSH 2022 and have no problem. But when I find a Convoy the DD-Destroyer behind the Convoy is with his tail half under water. I remember years ago this problem has already been raised once. But I changed from SH.5 back to SH.3 and I don´t find the solution. Can anybody help?
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-23, 10:16 PM   #293
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Default Merchant type M12

On my last patrol I ran across a Merchant type M12 in an easy position to attack in Quad AN16 on my way back home.
But. After 32 rounds of hi-explosive shells and 6 (yes count them six) torpedo hits it still sat there and sat and sat there...so I left. About 10 (real minutes) later I noted that it finally sank.
Now that cannot be accurate.
Someone has to look into the data for this ship model. I have no idea where that information resides, but it should be changed into something more realistic...no?
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-23, 10:54 PM   #294
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

Could have been fully load with lumber or empty barrels. There are historical recordings of ship with buoyant cargos of being long time sinkers.

What counts is you got the tonnage.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-23, 09:29 PM   #295
Archive1
Commander

Fubar295:
Yeah, you got me there. You are correct, but it had to be rare. So much of the tonnage was wood?...great! Reduces the "home fire burning" for GB...not the way to win a war.
Thanks,
Archive1
Old 10-16-23, 11:06 PM   #296
Archive1
Commander

Default Two problems

1. Date 22 Apr 1940 - 18:02 AF85 There is an enemy ship icon above Bergen in the middle of Norway. Interesting but not likely.

2. For no reason I can find I suddenly have no movable attack periscope. The observation scope works fine and I have made a few successful attacks using it but why does my A scope not move - it will raise and lower but not turn R or L?
The scene is set for submerged attack and all officers are at their stations for that setting. Something's amiss.
Archive1
Old 10-17-23, 09:19 AM   #297
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
1. Date 22 Apr 1940 - 18:02 AF85 There is an enemy ship icon above Bergen in the middle of Norway. Interesting but not likely.

2. For no reason I can find I suddenly have no movable attack periscope. The observation scope works fine and I have made a few successful attacks using it but why does my A scope not move - it will raise and lower but not turn R or L?
The scene is set for submerged attack and all officers are at their stations for that setting. Something's amiss.
Archive1
My best guesses:

1: Historical German invasion of Norway on at this time. Chance of action at Bergen very likely.

2: Maybe a feature of SH-Commander malfunctions and sabotage options? May cure itself after saving and reloading. Check Silent Hunter Commander settings.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 11:11 PM   #298
Archive1
Commander

Stork:
Well, but this icon is about 200 Km inside Norway in the mountains. So I doubt anyone put a ship there...maybe a designer fault?

I will look at Commander. But the problem remained after I docked on return and began a new patrol with a presumably refitted sub. I've not had this problem ever in a few decades of SH3 or its expansions.
Thanks for the reply, however.
Maybe someone has the answer.
-=Archive1=-
Old 10-19-23, 12:08 AM   #299
Archive1
Commander

Stork:
My apologies. I was wrong. Ship icon is located deep in one of the western Norwegian fjords...not in the mountains. It is not a design error, but mine for not focusing in closely enough to get the details.

And...and...now on this patrol suddenly the attack periscope is functioning perfectly. have no idea what was going wrong, but will accept with gratefulness.

So I will now shut up and sit in the corner for 15 minutes wearing my dunce hat.
Archive1
Old 10-19-23, 02:23 AM   #300
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Yeah I'm not very familiar with that Commander function as I've never actually used it. But I believe the malfunctions happen at random on starting a new session (i.e starting new patrol or loading save mid-patrol), so could technically occur any time the game is loaded through Commander. Not sure that was the issue here though but good news that it's gone for now.

Sink 'em all!

stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote