SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-13, 04:50 PM   #3211
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default Halo Reach

Here's the most awesome guy in the game: Me.

Here's me slashing at hordes of squealing Aliens:

Here's me as an awesome Alien stabbing another Alien:

Here's me as an Alien stabbing a human:
Old 01-10-13, 07:09 PM   #3212
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sent in some pikes as the Forlorn Hope during the battle of Quebec. (A fort assault)

They kinda did well.

ETW + Darthmod. (Who in their right mind plays an unmodded total war after all?)
Old 01-10-13, 07:25 PM   #3213
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default Halo: Reach

Assasination!

This is why I love air strikes:

An NPC alien who still generates awesomeness

An Orbital Drop Shock Trooper:

Me blowing up a tank:

Me on a turret:
Old 01-10-13, 07:55 PM   #3214
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
ETW + Darthmod. (Who in their right mind plays an unmodded total war after all?)
Ye.......yeah. What kind of man would do that?

I really should mod ETW.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 08:58 PM   #3215
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Couple of shots of my Wood Elf archer in Skyrim(and her carnage)

No mercy

A Mage learning the hard way that interpretative dance was not the best choice.

Nothing beats a good bow enchanted to cause explosive diarrhea and temporary paralysis
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 01:33 PM   #3216
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
I find that power is not everything (this is true in reality or something) the cars that have really high HP usually are a bit hard to keep down and you wind up fighting them.A great example is any Viper vs any Corvette.The Vettes have less power but they hold the road better and you can put the power, steering and brakes on when you need them and you have better lap times as a
result.
Well I've driven every car in Race 07 at least once round the Nurburgring and yeah its true a car with less HP (or BHP in some cases), and small hatchbacks in turns will be great, while bigger cars with more HP will do great on the straights but horrible in turns. Once I took the RaceRoom F1 car round the Nurburgring and it was TERRIFIYING!! Its one of those things where if you just twitch the wheel a little at top speed your in sudden danger of spinning out. And now for a couple of screens of some of my fave cars from Race 07.
The RaceRoom F1 going though the "Karussell" at the Nurburgring which destoryed all my previous lap times in only 2 laps.

The Pagani Zonda R

And the Radical SR3 230BHP Version (The nearist one can get to an F1 car without being in an F1 car.)
Old 01-12-13, 07:21 PM   #3217
Stealhead
Navy Seal

The full Nurburgring is almost too much. Ever see the film "The Speed Merchants"?(very good film)

Mario Andretti talks about it they used to run the entire thing back in a the late 60's and early 70's until there was a really nasty crash in 71 or 72 Andretti actually was one of the drivers that stopped to try and get the driver from the car but they could not. Andretti said pretty much that the full course was just too difficult on the car and driver during an extended run.

Now if only there was a Datsun 240Z in Race 07.....
Old 01-12-13, 10:42 PM   #3218
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
The MG gunner's last stand...

This SS machinegunner was left in a trench alone after an artillery bombardment killed the rest of his team. He managed to shoot several British soldiers before he got his head blown off by a tank shell

Delayed, but very curious, what is this game?
Old 01-12-13, 11:31 PM   #3219
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
The full Nurburgring is almost too much. Ever see the film "The Speed Merchants"?(very good film)

Mario Andretti talks about it they used to run the entire thing back in a the late 60's and early 70's until there was a really nasty crash in 71 or 72 Andretti actually was one of the drivers that stopped to try and get the driver from the car but they could not. Andretti said pretty much that the full course was just too difficult on the car and driver during an extended run.

Now if only there was a Datsun 240Z in Race 07.....
Hmm, I haven't heard of the "The Speed Merchants" (I'll check it out though), but I do know of the crash that your talking about.

Thankfully the whole Nurburgring isn't in Race 07 but its seperated in to three parts, the Nordschleife, the Nurburgring (which is the Nordschleife with a bit of the GP track in it), and the GP-Strecke. All the tests I've done have been on the Nordschleife. And yeah I agree the Datsun should be in Race 07, when I bought it way back I was dumbfounded that there wasn't a Porsche 911 in there, but by now I've got a list of cars that I'd like to see in Race 07 like the Ariel Atom V8(thanks Top Gear!!)
Old 01-13-13, 12:20 AM   #3220
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Delayed, but very curious, what is this game?
Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...274&Itemid=457

That's from a play-by email session between me and Egan which is still going on!

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 09:23 PM   #3221
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Hello, you have reached the Mongol Horde hotline. The Ilkhan is not available at the moment, would you like to leave a message?

Old 01-14-13, 07:37 AM   #3222
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Hello, you have reached the Mongol Horde hotline. The Ilkhan is not available at the moment, would you like to leave a message?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 08:13 PM   #3223
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The Alan Riders suffer an existential crisis

When Suddenly!

Old 01-14-13, 08:55 PM   #3224
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Hmm, I haven't heard of the "The Speed Merchants" (I'll check it out though), but I do know of the crash that your talking about.

Thankfully the whole Nurburgring isn't in Race 07 but its seperated in to three parts, the Nordschleife, the Nurburgring (which is the Nordschleife with a bit of the GP track in it), and the GP-Strecke. All the tests I've done have been on the Nordschleife. And yeah I agree the Datsun should be in Race 07, when I bought it way back I was dumbfounded that there wasn't a Porsche 911 in there, but by now I've got a list of cars that I'd like to see in Race 07 like the Ariel Atom V8(thanks Top Gear!!)
They also forgot(or did not get permission) to include any Ferraris along with lack of Porsche(if you say "Porsh" I will cut off your tongue).In the Us many say Porsh with no a at the end and I will say "I know what a Porsche is I know of no car called a porch that is something attached to a house." Oddly there is a track named after Enzo Ferrari in the game go figure.

I thought the old races where on the Nordschleife but not the other sections and they added the GP section later.According to Wikipedia the GP section was added in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BC...The_Green_Hell

IMDB The Speed Merchants
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278729/

First part

Last edited by Stealhead; 01-14-13 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 03:52 AM   #3225
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Europe mid-1273, Raptor decides to eat France just as Arclight manages to scheme his way to the top of it. My character goes mad and tries to assassinate everyone, and Hunter continues to slowly eat Spain.