SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-12, 11:47 AM   #3106
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hoyl Jebus... gotta edit it then and host it elsewhere, thanks for pointing out guys!
Old 11-22-12, 11:51 AM   #3107
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

I do...
Old 11-22-12, 11:53 AM   #3108
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

And I just "fixed" the pictures...
Old 11-24-12, 10:39 AM   #3109
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I do...
Showed just fine here too.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 11:16 AM   #3110
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Showed just fine here too.
And here
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 02:24 PM   #3111
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Last edited by Nippelspanner; 11-22-2012 at 11:53 AM.
He ''fixed'' it after we said we didn't saw any pics

HunterICX
Old 11-24-12, 02:54 PM   #3112
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
He ''fixed'' it after we said we didn't saw any pics

HunterICX
Yep, but they worked for me at the time he first posted them.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 05:47 PM   #3113
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Mh, sometimes I dont see some pics at Subsim either, even if others do. Dont know why. They are fercetly visible for me and I did not host them somewhere with some privacy options or something...

Does someone see my pics?
I saw the pictures when you originally posted them(still see them now.)

Although I do sometimes have the issue when Oberon posts pictures. Everyone else can see them, I just see a blank post.

My Juno MK I rocket(currently cancelled until I can fine tune the jettison rockets):

Notice the lack of rocket engine... When the 6 exterior rockets are released from the ship, they have a tendency to take out the remaining stages engine.

I started to spin out of control right after I jettisoned the bottom stack of fuel tanks. After regaining control, I turned prograde, killed my lateral speed and decided to try and practice landing on Kerbin(turns out, my failed rocket attempt brought me pretty damn close to KSC).
I use the last stage before my lander to try and burn off any speed I have, eject that stage and fire the engines to continue slowing my ship down. However the ground was still coming up too fast. Here is the result:

Note that the Flight Engineer tab is no longer showing up, that's because it was destroyed in the crash.

Jeb inspecting the damages.
Old 11-24-12, 06:25 PM   #3114
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
Although I do sometimes have the issue when Oberon posts pictures. Everyone else can see them, I just see a blank post.
I'll have to readjust my colonial filter again...
Old 11-24-12, 10:56 PM   #3115
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Juno MK II proves to be an excellent launch vehicle. I get my lander in a circular orbit, wait for Mun to come over the horizon and fire my thrusters for an intercept. When the Mun grabs me and pulls me into it's gravity well, I realize I'm on a collision course with its surface. My initial instinct is to fire retrograde to try and slow down so that I could land on the surface, but I realize I'm probably going too fast for this to happen. My only course of action? Burn Prograde towards the moon. You might be thinking, that's insanity! But burning prograde in my orbit and speeding up raised my Periapsis around the moon(my Apoapsis is -900KM xD) to 20KM off its surface. I get to my periapsis and try to fire retrograde to slow down. The only problem is that I run out of fuel... I'm also traveling fast enough that my RCS isn't capable of slowing me down. I probably should've aimed for 10KM, but given the moon has no atmosphere, there is no telling if it would've worked. Anyways, so I run out of fuel and zoom past the moon. I'm brought back into Kerbin's orbit. After a couple orbits around Kerbin, Mun grabs me again and slingshots me.... I'm now stuck in an orbit around Kerbol.

It takes me 80 days to orbit the sun. The orbit comes within 30KM of Kerbin and 100KM of Eve. However, due to the varying speeds, I'd have to wait forever for us to align just right. After waiting two years, I write the capsule off. Jeb hits the self destruct button and ends their flight.
Old 11-25-12, 12:10 AM   #3116
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy has returned for Railworks/train Simulator 2013

Half price on steam till the 27th if anyones interested
Old 11-25-12, 12:12 AM   #3117
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

^
Aww how I hate being stuck into some stupid orbit, unable to do anything... Still happens a lot to me to be honest... all those poor err... brave Kerbals that still float around in space because I miss-calculated (lie: I never calculated anything!) the flight plan!

Edit:
1. Sniped by Darius!
2. Impressed by that beautyful machine!
Old 11-25-12, 12:19 AM   #3118
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Not long ago, Oberon went on a trip to the United States. To see the country close up, he decided to go around by train. Little did he know, that when he bought the cheapest US Rail Pass he could get, there is quite a difference to the meaning of cheap seats here in the States as compared to the UK. Proof is in the pics-

Here comes the train

And there goes Jamie! Have a good trip!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 03:49 PM   #3119
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Some more KSP shots:

The Juno MK II sits ready on the launch pad just after noon. It was originally meant to be piloted by Jeb, Bill, and Bob. However I had turned physics warp to 4x while on the launchpad waiting for sunrise, and the rocket exploded. I hit return to VAB instead of restart flight. So they're lost forever(until they're cloned again).

A shot during the gravity turn

Launching the six auxiliary tanks

Reaching my desired Apoapsis(I was shooting for 100km, but fell asleep at the controls).

Before achieving circular orbit, I realize Mun is rising. So instead of waiting for a second or third pass. I decide it's more fuel economical to launch for Mun.

My projected Mun intercept

Approaching the Mun's Periapsis.

Burning to circularize my orbit.

The resulting orbit

Starting my descent

And Touchdown. This mission was a great success.

Edit: Moar Failure shots:

After using mechjeb to land on the moon(more so just so I can see how it handles the landing) I take Jeb out for a Munar walk.

However a fatal flaw in the capsule is realized. It's lack of fuel for return. Firing what I have left I try to leave the atmosphere and hope to use RCS to control the return voyage(or at least get the ship high enough that I can rendezvous another ship with it so retrieve the crew.)

However, there isn't enough fuel for that either. The ship is now on a collison course with the surface of the moon. In a last minute attempt to save Jeb, I take him out on an EVA just as the ship collides with the ground. Here is the result:

Last edited by Spike88; 11-25-12 at 05:42 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 07:13 PM   #3120
Oberon
Lucky Jack

@eddie

That's what I get for listening to too many Boxcar Willie songs! Is that TS2013 or MSTS?

@darius
Wow, she's a beauty. I must admit, I'm being lured by the Consolidation that's in the works, might make her my first US steamer in my collection.