Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-22, 03:37 PM   #3991
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Heard in the Swedish news this afternoon.

Putin has a huge toolbox from where he can use many type of tools against Sweden and/or Finland.

What tool can we expect him to use ?

Most likely

violate Swedish and / or Finnish airspace

Likely

Cyber attack

Unlikely
Missile attack against military and/or Civilian targets in Sweden and/or Finland

Very much unlikely
Invasion of one of the countries.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 05-15-22, 09:21 PM   #3992
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Zelenskyy suggests Macron asked him to give up land for peace

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/russia-ukra...-peace/2587476

Quote:
ROME

French President Emmanuel Macron asked Ukraine to give up some of its land to reach a peace deal with Russia, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy suggested in an interview with Italian television.

Speaking late Thursday to public broadcaster RAI, Zelenskyy responded tetchily to a question about Macron’s idea that Russia should not be “humiliated” in a peace settlement, lest it might fuel resentment leading to a new war.

His comments were broadcast in Italian via an interpreter.

“To propose to us to give up something as far as our sovereignty is concerned to save (Russian) President (Vladimir) Putin’s face does not seem like a fair thing on the part of some leaders,” he said.

“We are not ready to save someone’s face paying with our territories, I don’t think it’s fair,” the Ukrainian leader insisted, calling the suggestion “wasted time.”

However, Zelenskyy acknowledged it would be difficult to dislodge Russia from parts of Ukraine it controlled before the war, such as Crimea and other eastern territories.

He said the “minimum” condition for sitting down for peace talks with Putin would be the withdrawal of Russian forces from land taken in recent weeks. “Of course, they might unfortunately remain in other occupied territory, unfortunately,” he added.

Both before and after the outbreak of the war on Feb. 24, Macron tried several mediation efforts between Kiev and Moscow, also acting as the holder of the rotating presidency of the European Union.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 05-16-22, 01:40 AM   #3993
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I always suspected that. And i bet scholz ticks the same way. Baerbock probably not, but scholz.
Old 05-16-22, 05:45 AM   #3994
Skybird
Soaring

NATO starts military excercises that explicitly simulate a Russian attack on Estland. Finland and Sweden fully participate.

The US sends the biggest US fleet presence since decades into the Baltic. I wonder whether that is due to the running exercises or to protect Sweden and Finland during the NATO transition period. I could imagine a presence was planned for the exercise and then increased due to Finland and Sweden.

Ukrainian forces reach the Russian border at Kharkiv. After Kyiv this is the second humiliating defeat for the invaders.

UK estimates that one third of the troops Russia started the attack with, meanwhile got destroyed or taken out of combat-efficient action. If somebody would have told me that 3 months ago, i would have laughed him off.

MacDonalds says it will sell all its business in Russia, after 30 years. I expect to see Russian population's health indices going up. Maybe they should sell food rations to the Russian army instead, to help the Ukrainian war effort.
Old 05-16-22, 06:35 AM   #3995
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ukraine troops counter-attacking near the north-eastern city of Kharkiv have reached the Russian border, says the regional governor.

Troops restored a Ukrainian sign marking the border, says Oleh Sinegubov, while video purports to show soldiers at the frontier.

Ukrainian forces have been retaking territory in north-eastern areas in recent days, as Russian forces focus on the Donbas region further south.

Nato chief Jens Stoltenberg says Ukraine could win the war as Russia's invasion is not going to plan.

Sweden’s parliament is debating its government's decision to apply for Nato membership.

Russia has warned Nato expansion would be a "grave mistake" after Sweden and Finland said they wanted to join the military alliance.

One of the biggest ever Nato military exercises in the Baltics is due to begin in Estonia and Latvia.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-16-22, 06:53 AM   #3996
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-16-22, 07:05 AM   #3997
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-16-22, 08:52 AM   #3998
Skybird
Soaring

https://reitschuster-de.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

The author was born in St. Petersburg, is a Russian Jew, and has lived in Berlin for over 16 years. Pioneer salutes, school uniforms and samizdat books were as much a part of her life as perestroika and food stamps. She developed her affinity for the German language as a schoolchild. Out of this, she stubbornly refuses to gender. At the age of 27, after completing a degree in computer science, she came to Berlin for private reasons and worked for many years as a translator and also as a graphic designer after her second degree.
Old 05-16-22, 09:15 AM   #3999
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Now it is official Sweden and Finland are applying for a Nato membership.

The Swedish and the Finnish Parliament has approved the governments wishes in these two countries and they have simultaneously send the request.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 05-16-22, 09:56 AM   #4000
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ They are also sending delegations to Turkey in an effort to stop said countries objections to their membership.

Old 05-16-22, 10:53 AM   #4001
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Increased number of beached dolphins in RO as war in Ukraine increases noise pollution

https://www.romania-insider.com/dolp...raine-may-2022

Quote:
Biologists have attributed the increased number of strandings to acoustic trauma. The heightened noise pollution in the northern part of the Black Sea, caused by the war in Ukraine, is pushing the cetaceans south. They can also get caught in fishing nets at higher rates, and some of the cetaceans stranded on Romanian shores had net marks and cuts, biologist Costin Timofte explained for Dobrogea.tv.

Since the start of the war in Ukraine, higher number of dolphin strandings have been reported in both Bulgaria and Turkey.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 05-16-22, 11:04 AM   #4002
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ They are also sending delegations to Turkey in an effort to stop said countries objections to their membership.
The Turks want to get back a deal on the F-35, thats the real name of their "terrorist concerns".
Old 05-16-22, 11:06 AM   #4003
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The Turks want to get back a deal on the F-35, thats the real name of their "terrorist concerns".
Maybe, but Erdogan is a slippery character and there may be other reasons.

It'll all come out in the wash.

Old 05-16-22, 12:00 PM   #4004
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
In the Swedish news it is said that Erdogan wants Sweden should stop supporting terrorist groups and lift the Weapon export ban they have on Turkey.

But Sweden does not support any terror group..there are members from PKK, YPG and some others who live in Sweden.

Sweden has put a ban on selling weapon to Turkey due to their warfare against minority.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 05-16-22, 12:11 PM   #4005
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine conflict: What is Nato and how can Finland and Sweden join?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18023383

Closed Thread