Closed Thread

Old 03-20-23, 04:54 PM   #10411
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I did not want to divert, this was a long but excellent take on the situation.
Thanks for posting

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-20-23, 05:13 PM   #10412
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I did not want to divert, this was a long but excellent take on the situation.
Thanks for posting

You are very welcome Sir. Prerun has quite a few equally thought out videos on various aspects of this war. I post them here whenever a new one comes out.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-20-23, 05:13 PM   #10413
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Vladimir Putin has said he will discuss Xi Jinping's 12-point plan to "settle the acute crisis in Ukraine", during a highly anticipated visit to Moscow by the Chinese president. [..]
What a load of crap.
China has its own interests, and Russia now is only a junior partner, if at all.
Xi's interest is to preserve Russia as an antagonist to the west, so he will support Russia with a bit of weapons to capture the Donbass region, but only that far.
This is a meeting to discuss business. Xi has an interest to see Russia and Nato fight a new cold war, and peace is not an option for both dictators.

Russia has an interest to trade with its only left trade partner, the question is whether this will ballance the loss of the european and rest of the western market. After all China will never pay as much as the west for oil or gas or other resources.
Xi went to visit a war criminal, and while he will be trying to support Putin secretly to a certain degree, he will not want to be called out, or caught red-handed.
Intersting to see those two potentates performing their dance of "friendship" and pseudo-sympathy.
And maybe Vladivostok will soon be chinese again for an exchange. Who knows ..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-20-23, 06:54 PM   #10414
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

“wagner has gone from "we will capture bakhmut in 48 hrs, to we are about to be cut off and all killed and captured soon... like everything else in russia wagner is collapsing”

Translated by Google

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-20-23, 07:31 PM   #10415
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Chinese plan is to freeeze the conflict and make the Russian gains in conquered land a lasting fact. I think that is obvious.

The quesiton to what degree the West will fall for this plot and say "Peace! Peace! They offer peace, lets stop delivering supplies and weapons, but talk!" - or not.
Old 03-20-23, 07:42 PM   #10416
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Listening to Secretary of State Antony Blinkin it doesn’t seem something the U.S. is interested in falling for. Personally I think Xi’s visit had more to do with him being able to see with own his eyes what the heck is going on with the Kremlin and Putin rather than offering any meaningful support.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-20-23 at 09:37 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-21-23, 07:01 AM   #10417
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Wait and see what happens between the two dictators and continue looking for armament transfer from China.

Anything of a negative nature from China should be met by maximum trade sanctions and I believe Xi will come to his senses sooner rather than later.

'Wishful thinking' on my behalf.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-21-23, 07:10 AM   #10418
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine needs this ammunition now....right now.

Quote:
More than a dozen European Union member states have agreed to supply Ukraine with at least one million artillery shells over the next year.

The plan, worth €2bn in total, was agreed in Brussels on Monday.

Ukraine had told the EU it needed 350,000 shells a month to hold back advancing Russian troops and launch a counter-offensive this year.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba hailed the "game-changing decision" from the EU.

"Exactly what is needed," he wrote on Twitter. "Urgent delivery and sustainable joint procurement."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65018434

Old 03-21-23, 10:01 AM   #10419
Skybird
Soaring

The US plans to dleiver Abrams tanks "sooner" than previously planned - already in 8-10 months. I wonder - what in that timetable is "sooner" than previously planned?

To make this possible, not the M1A2 should be delivered (they would need to be equipped with new downgraded armour, and for some time there even was talk of even more modern versions), but instead the M1A1. Officials get quoted with saying the earlier version were easier to maintain and easier to operate.

From the perspective of SBP which includes both versions I must say I would not dare to list the operational differences for at least gunner and commander as so significant that there is a real difficulty jump between the two. But that is my opinion based on just SBP's depiction of the two, so I will not offer the final word on this thing. But I think its a strawman argument to wrap the decison for older tanks in some candy floss to make it look more acceptable.

In SBP I would prefer the Leopard over the Abrams anyway, if it is only about easy operation. The Leopard was designed with conscripts in mind, so handling and maintenance were even greater priorities than in the design of the Abrams.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-21-23 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-21-23, 12:53 PM   #10420
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-21-23, 01:56 PM   #10421
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Listening to Secretary of State Antony Blinkin it doesn’t seem something the U.S. is interested in falling for. Personally I think Xi’s visit had more to do with him being able to see with own his eyes what the heck is going on with the Kremlin and Putin rather than offering any meaningful support.
Putin is now just doing whatever Xi wants CCP officials said months ago that Moscow would lose and emerge as a "minor power" from its catastrophic fiasco of an invasion. The relationship between Russia and China has become very skewed. Many raw materials, such as oil products, gas, wood, coal and metals, Russia can no longer dispose of in the West and is trying to sell them partly to China. While it is less crucial for China. But China takes advantage of it, can negotiate its own price, but also, for instance, source oil from elsewhere. This increased dependence has two dimensions, as China is now also increasingly important to Russia for imports of high-end technology, consumer goods and, for example, car parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 03-21-23, 04:23 PM   #10422
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

If china helps russia in any way regarding the russian invasion of ukraine then the same sanctions should apply to china .

AUKUS = FREEDOM .
Old 03-21-23, 04:40 PM   #10423
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Another wondering.

Do we in the West have the means to sanction China or even impose embargo against them ?

USA may have the means to do so. How about the European countries ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-21-23, 05:33 PM   #10424
Skybird
Soaring

China provides the lion's share of critical ressources and rare earths needed in Europe. There is a reason why rare earths are called rare earths. We could damage them with sanctions, but we would also damage ourselves there, and maybe even more than with sanctions on gas and oil for Russia. Note that the Russian nuclear industry is practically not being sanctioned at all! France sends it nculear rods to Russia for refurbishing (the Russians can do that better than anyone else, simply a fact), thats why, and the Eastern European nuclear plants until today get their rods for Rosatom. Now, with all these jaw-dropping hihg flying plans of the EU for energy transfiguration and green deals and the need to buy solar panels and windmill parts from china since the damn Germans nuked their global leadership in solar panels ten years ago and without need, considering all these many plans that are so unimaginably costly and will need more ressources than even are available on the market , such a trade war with China will be costly. For China - and at least as much if not even more so for Europe.

I would not rule out that it would damage us even more than the fallout from our sanctions against Russia. In fatc I think that is even likely the case.

And then consider that we are already seriously hurt, economically, and financially. Europe staggers. Our situation is not half as lovely as they try to make us believe. The lie to us.

The Americans have it easier. But get lied to as well. But still, they have it easier.
Old 03-21-23, 05:39 PM   #10425
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Over here when it comes to real pertinent information we’re treated much like mushrooms. Always fed crap and kept in the dark.

Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread