SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-21, 09:24 AM   #3811
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
take my word for it: they are visible by the enemy.....except for lower crew ratings.
I don't doubt that. I just believe that graphic should be more visible.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 08:58 AM   #3812
hughesjr
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Voice Attack Profile FOTRS

I created and am using a Voice Attack Profile for FOTRS.

This only has the default mod shortcut keys.

Voice Attack Profile

Obviously, many of the shortcut keys for FOTRS are different than the base game .. so the shortcuts would need to be adjusted for other Mods or the base game.

BTW .. A default shortcut key for 'Depth Under the Keel' would be quite good if you do another update to the mod.

Last edited by hughesjr; 09-02-21 at 09:27 AM.
hughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 05:24 PM   #3813
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post

BTW .. A default shortcut key for 'Depth Under the Keel' would be quite good if you do another update to the mod.
did you know that you can create a shortcut key on your own?
for whatever command you wish, providing the command is in the SH4 list of commands?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:51 PM   #3814
hughesjr
Watch

Quote:
did you know that you can create a shortcut key on your own?
for whatever command you wish, providing the command is in the SH4 list of commands?
So, Do you need to update any files other than Commands.cfg?(maybe some kind if index for the numbers).

And is there a reference for the key= line formatting somewhere ?
Old 09-03-21, 01:58 PM   #3815
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
So, Do you need to update any files other than Commands.cfg?(maybe some kind if index for the numbers).

And is there a reference for the key= line formatting somewhere ?
i used a hybrid of SH_Keymapper and a text editor.
SH_keymapper should be in the d/l forum here. if not, and you want to try it, send me a PM.

just to cut the process short, make a backup copy of Commands.cfg (just in case) or create a personal MOD folder for this change.

use a text editor such as Notepad, open Commands.cfg, find this command, and then paste line containing the KEY0. if there is MNID line, just leave it unchanged. all you need to add is the KEY0.
to execute during the game, press "r". lower case works despite the upper case in the command line.

[Cmd130]
Name=Get_depth_under_sub_keel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x52,C,"R"

LAA enabled
Old 09-04-21, 09:55 AM   #3816
hughesjr
Watch

Quote:
i used a hybrid of SH_Keymapper and a text editor.
SH_keymapper should be in the d/l forum here. if not, and you want to try it, send me a PM.

just to cut the process short, make a backup copy of Commands.cfg (just in case) or create a personal MOD folder for this change.

use a text editor such as Notepad, open Commands.cfg, find this command, and then paste line containing the KEY0. if there is MNID line, just leave it unchanged. all you need to add is the KEY0.
to execute during the game, press "r". lower case works despite the upper case in the command line.

[Cmd130]
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x52,C,"R"
Thank you. I grabbed SH_keymapper and I was able to assign the command to a key that is not currently used in the FOTRS mod (there are not a lot of them) .. in this case I used NumPad 5 .. and it ended up like this:

[Cmd130]
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x65,,"NPad 5"
MnID=0x3F250005

This seems to be working fine and it also works with my in use VoiceAttack Profile .. though I do not have it in the one I uploaded for the stock FOTRS mod as it requires a modification to the Commands.cfg file.

My next learning event .. to see if I can figure out how shSpeech passes in direct rudder and course numbers so I could add that functionality to a VoiceAttack Profile. I see that they use an excel spreadsheet to hold the data, etc. In any event, this works perfectly. Thanks.
Old 09-04-21, 06:24 PM   #3817
Deepslick
Seaman

Downloads: 346

Hi. I got a short soundfile of a subcaptain saying something about "rising sun" of what he sees in the scope. Short file, 15 seconds but its how he says it, over the coms that makes it cool. I put that before the mainmenu song starts and I think it fits so nice to the name of this mod. I guess its not good maners to share a mainmenuloop from fotrs even if its only slightly altered. Ive never shared anything here, only downloaded tons of stuff over the years and dont know for sure if it would be ok to share that file. Maybe with an "ok" from someone in the team?
Deepslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 12:06 PM   #3818
adrianstu98
Swabbie

Downloads: 142

Hi all and cheers!🙋🏻‍♂️. There are plans for add new japanese merchants, or there is any mod that adds new cargo ships?.
adrianstu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 12:56 PM   #3819
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepslick View Post
Hi. I got a short soundfile of a subcaptain saying something about "rising sun" of what he sees in the scope. Short file, 15 seconds but its how he says it, over the coms that makes it cool. I put that before the mainmenu song starts and I think it fits so nice to the name of this mod. I guess its not good maners to share a mainmenuloop from fotrs even if its only slightly altered. Ive never shared anything here, only downloaded tons of stuff over the years and dont know for sure if it would be ok to share that file. Maybe with an "ok" from someone in the team?
Share and share alike, but don't violate others' rights, of course. Just follow Hitman's Subsim's recommended modding etiquette as much as you can. The FotRSU mod has been created to be used by the user, and part of that use includes further modding... lol - just give proper credit. We included the original FOTRS ReadMe stuff in a folder inside the Support folder, along with the FotRSU documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianstu98 View Post
Hi all and cheers!🙋🏻‍♂️. There are plans for add new japanese merchants, or there is any mod that adds new cargo ships?.
No plans to add more at this time, other than what Nippon Maru (Japanese Merchants) and Nihon Kaigun (Japanese warships) already offer. If we find something that "floats our boat", we'll add more, but it is already difficult to navigate through the RecMan as it is...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 02:47 PM   #3820
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Hi all and cheers!🙋🏻‍♂️. There are plans for add new Japanese merchants, or there is any mod that adds new cargo ships?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
No plans to add more at this time, other than what Nippon Maru (Japanese Merchants) and Nihon Kaigun (Japanese warships) already offer. If we find something that "floats our boat", we'll add more, but it is already difficult to navigate through the RecMan as it is...
Would be grand, if with the RecMan, that it had tabs in there that you could click on to go to say... for ex. CV's... click on that tab & all the CV's were hot listed there, from the biggest, down to the smallest carrier. Or the DD's...

Same with the merchants... I know, wishful thinking... but, heck.. FotRS came out of wishful thinking to become what it is, thus far.... that started from TMO & who knows what all else, before them.

Just a thought... feel free to run with it... when y'all get a chance... that is, if that idea is doable.

M. M.

Old 09-06-21, 03:22 PM   #3821
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

We could build a "tabbed" page easy enough, something with tabs for warship class on the side, and merchant MKF class across the top, but there is nothing in the game to "hook" the tabs to for anything to display... all we would succeed in is making a smaller static page. It would be nice though, to have something like Silent Hunter (the original SSI Aeon version), which didn't really need the tabs... but it sure is cool...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 07:53 AM   #3822
hughesjr
Watch

Quote:
More .. I can barely get though the ones they have in there now to find them before I get killed by a destroyer
Old 09-07-21, 08:36 AM   #3823
hughesjr
Watch

Default Not Limiting FPS

So, in the Known Issues PDF for installing this mod, they have this text:

Time-of-day was an issue that has been known for a while, and some folks even knew of its roots and cause, but most folks do not want to pay attention to it. Ignore it at your own “peril”. But the game was written in the DirectX v9.0c days, to run on Windows XP, and as such is basically a 30fps game. Most computers back in March of 2005 when Silent Hunter III was released (older brother of the SH4 game), were hard-pressed to attain that threshold, unless the latest / greatest hardware was used. As more ‘modern’ equipment, OSes and games have come out, the “holy grail” of gaming has been “the more fps, the better”, so that gameplay is “smoother”. Silent Hunter 4 however, is written to run at 30fps. If you exceed that, or (heaven forbid) cannot reach that, the game’s clocks will not “sync” properly, and will drift apart from each other. If you have a 60Hz display, and an nVidia graphics card (except maybe the newest series), you can use the nVidia Inspector to set your card to “Half frame rate”. In other words, 60Hz divided by two equals 30fps. Otherwise, the use of “antilag” can help – after some trial-and-error – get you close enough to 30fps.

I did not have vsync set, so my FPS was considerably higher than even 60 Hz, and I did get day/night desyncing. So I did want to point out, this is a thing for sure. I think using very fast Time Compression while traveling causes this to get worse.

I play on a 4K monitor .. but the UIs are too small in 4K, so I have my resolution set to 2560x1440 (1440p) and not 4K (3840x2060). My video card / drivers and monitor have a 30Hz setting as well as a 60Hz setting that are available in the game's graphics settings. Setting the selection to 30Hz and turning on vsync did prevent this issue in a new playthrough.

I also want to point out that this is different than Base Time vs. Local Time .. It seems the game does not have a local time setting, so your clocks are always set to base time. If your base is in California and you are as far west as you can go, then you need to note the shown times at dawn and dusk, but red lights and dark conditions do match up (just at a wierd time compared to local). The actual day/night desync issue shows day lights in the sub, but outside it is really dark (and the reverse). This means if you are in the map .. you think it is dark, but the game AI can see you as if it is light. That does not usually end well

Last edited by hughesjr; 09-07-21 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-07-21, 09:04 AM   #3824
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
This means if you are in the map .. you think it is dark, but the game AI can see you as if it is light. That does not usually end well
some of us have found that keeping TC limited to a maximum of 1024 prevents the phenomenon you are experiencing.

LAA enabled
Old 09-07-21, 11:42 AM   #3825
lucadataranto
Nub

Downloads: 85
Default No diesel consumption in FOTRS ULTIMATE

As title, i had no diesel consumption in FOTRS ULTIMATE.
I installed it on a clean version of Sh4 1.5. I had limited value of battery,C02, compressed air but not for diesel, it is unlimited Forever.
It is a bug?How can i fix it?
Thanks
lucadataranto is offline   Reply With Quote