SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-13, 03:02 PM   #1
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler)

JSGME related links:

JSGME Generic Mod Enabler information and download link (Use link at top of page, do not use bottom signature download link.)

JSGME download only

[LOOK] HOW TO INSTALL MODS [LOOK] by Sober. Works for SH3, SH4 or SH5. Just change folder names.

Picture of activating the available mods and saving profile by Silent Steel

stoianm How to install MODS in SH5 video tutorial Works for SH3, SH4 or SH5. Just change folder names.

JSGME V2.6 User Guide download link

Common JSGME errors and possible solutions (This thread will redirect you to SH5 for all common JSGME issues; Remember to come back here to this thread to post any questions for all SH4 JSGME issues.)
Use thread link here for SH4 specific file/folder issue
s only

How to configure JSGME for working with more than one game, without having to install/copy it each time by Gap

Golden rules for beginners. What we all have learned from experience by Gap

PM me if you find any errors or related links that you feel should be here. That way I can keep them on the first post of this thread.

Makes it easier this way when helping others. I won't have to continuously remember where I answer JSGME questions on individual mods anymore! Search option is not always the quickest answer if buried deep in a thread. Sometimes, others will not even try to read the documentation. Always referring back to these threads or copying another modders reply elsewhere. Took me a while to find them again.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 02-23-14 at 03:58 PM. Reason: updated links due to invalid file ID
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 07:49 PM   #2
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Hi. The first thread link you posted has a dead JSGME download link. A while back I uploaded a resource pack called Modding Tools and Utilities Compilation that contains the final JSGME 2.6 version.

Here's the thread link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203831

And here's another working JSGME 2.6 download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483/JSGME.7z

Traveller

Last edited by Traveller; 05-25-13 at 08:05 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 08:02 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

That is because he thought it was important to post a link to the original thread, whether the link there was good or not, and I agree.

JSGME has long been available here at Subsim downloads.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3951
Old 05-25-13, 08:04 PM   #4
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Hi. The first thread link you posted only has a dead JSGME download link in that thread. A while back I uploaded a resource pack called Modding Tools and Utilities Compilation that contains the final JSGME version. Here's the thread link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203831

Traveller
Thanks, I will have to update Neal Stevens again. We fixed that months ago. So that is possibly where the file moderator queue error came from. Then I will probably add the Modding Tools and Utilities Compilation and stating JSGME is included.

Thanks again for Traveller mod for TMO.
Old 09-26-13, 06:43 PM   #5
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Added common error types and multiple configuration links to post #1.
Old 09-26-13, 07:24 PM   #6
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

I like using the program so I can set a mods list and then save it to play on the German side and then set a mods list and play on the american side. That way I do not have to load, unload mods all the time when I want to change. The program simply saves it as a different profile.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 11:33 AM   #7
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Added activating available mods and saving profile picture to Post #1.
Old 11-15-13, 11:55 PM   #8
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

It's a good idea to organize this information. JSGME matters frequently come up here.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 05:11 PM   #9
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Default JSGME leftover file/folder issues for SH4

Leftover file/folder issues:
Disable all mods. Nothing should be left behind in "Your drive letter:\Silent Hunter 4\MODS\!BACKUP or "Your drive letter:\Silent Hunter 4\MODS\!INSTLOGS" folder. If there is something left in the !BACKUP folder, that is the path to follow and fix your problem.

SH4 Wolves of the Pacific:
The game is patched to version 1.4 which has file dates older than ????. Verify files at the root folder of Silent Hunter4, and at least the Silent Hunter4\data and all the data subfolders having dates older than ????.

Folder date changes give you a clue where to search first for files. See if any files are much newer than ???? in your stock game without mods. Newer files than ???? are the ones that can cause a problem.

SH4 U-boat Missions:
The game is patched to version 1.5 which has file dates older than Dec 2007. Verify files at the root folder of Silent Hunter4, and at least the Silent Hunter4\data and all the data subfolders having dates older than Dec 2007.

Folder date changes give you a clue where to search first for files. See if any files are much newer than December 2007 in your stock game without mods. Newer files than December 2007 are the ones that can cause a problem.
Old 12-04-13, 05:32 PM   #10
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Added information to post #1 and new post #9.

Can someone PM me with the date information I need?
Does anyone have SH4 Wolves of the Pacific version 1.4 only? If so, please disable all mods, then look around in the root folder and data folder and data subfolders. I need the latest file dates (month and year is good) as a reference point for JSGME issues.
Old 12-30-13, 01:03 PM   #11
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
It's a good idea to organize this information. JSGME matters frequently come up here.
Thanks.

On a separate note, click on the common JSGME link and possible solutions link at post #1. Added blinking cursor comment under "JSGME Error Message something like" section.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 12-30-13 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-12-14, 09:30 PM   #12
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Added Gap's mod golden rules for beginners at post #1.
Old 07-09-14, 05:34 PM   #13
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

I had a problem with JSGME as of late, I had the program refuse to run because it was in the folder and, in another main folder,here is my solution.

"ok, have figured out JSGME problem, with the new version of this tool, I had to unzip the download,place the folder in the game,unpack the folder the run JSGME as admin.

anybody else have this problem here is the solution, manual unpack the main folder "
Old 07-17-15, 03:29 PM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

And keep in mind that JSGME isn't just good for Silent Hunter, I've used it with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Left4Dead, Unreal Tournament III, the Borderlands series, Fallout 3 and others. It's the swiss army knife of gaming help software!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 08:12 PM   #15
mike9606
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

Well, I'm having issues with JSGME on my Copy of SH4 (With U-Boat Missions). For some reason if I try to activate large mods (TMO, FOTRS), it just freezes up. If I run as an administrator, it can partially activate it (Tested with FOTRS) but it still freezes, forcing me to verify the files via steam to fix my install. I am running the latest version and before it worked fine, so I don't know why it is messed up now.

EDIT1: Tried reinstalling JSGME, still does the same thing. It's quite annoying that all of a sudden it is refusing to activate these larger mods, mostly because it actually partially does it, forcing me to verify the files and redownload them as said above.

Last edited by mike9606; 08-17-15 at 05:18 PM.
mike9606 is offline   Reply With Quote