SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-23, 10:25 AM   #1
From the Deep
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Has anyone had this SH3 Commander issue before?

Last time I was able to play successfuly, I saved and quit while at sea on this career. Now all my profiles show "error" and the game won't even load through Commander.

https://imgur.com/a/Uq8eoMI

From the Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 10:07 PM   #2
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

yes, I've had that happen. It was awhile ago and I have, maybe, a clue as to why this happened. After an hour of trying to "troubleshoot" this issue, and sorry I can't remember if I started a new career or just did a reinstall that fixed it. If I recall, just before it happened, I was experimenting with a mod. I activated and deactivated a mod several times (10+), starting a patrol and restarting the patrol over and over and over (10+). Of course vilating the "save game" sugestions. Basically doing everything your not suppose to do to save a game. I'm 100% sure it was my fault and not the game or mods fault. But this is how I learn. Trial and error. Hope this helps
Old 03-20-23, 09:09 PM   #3
From the Deep
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
yes, I've had that happen. It was awhile ago and I have, maybe, a clue as to why this happened. After an hour of trying to "troubleshoot" this issue, and sorry I can't remember if I started a new career or just did a reinstall that fixed it. If I recall, just before it happened, I was experimenting with a mod. I activated and deactivated a mod several times (10+), starting a patrol and restarting the patrol over and over and over (10+). Of course vilating the "save game" sugestions. Basically doing everything your not suppose to do to save a game. I'm 100% sure it was my fault and not the game or mods fault. But this is how I learn. Trial and error. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. Only thing I can think of is that my game crashed mid-load and I had to force restart the PC. I think this started happening after that. Otherwise just been running regular GWX and running it with Cmdr. The Cmdr app seems to be bugged as it doesn't matter if I delete the career, start a new one OR continue a different career. The error message persists regardless. Unfortunately going to need to do a clean reinstall I figure...
From the Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 01:12 PM   #4
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 312

On my Dell 3880 Computer running Win11, I have to open sh3 commander & then reboot my computer, with sh3 commander still open on my desktop, then everything works with no errors.

-clay

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote