SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-22, 02:38 PM   #631
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Please explain me clearly what is the problem with this camera (internal ? External ?)
So I can try to fix it… because I don’t understand what you are saying, and I didn’t notice any problem so far.
Furthermore it’s been very long since I tweaked it
Unsure of why, but the issue is with the next/previous cam views... for Me Fifi... the 1st couple of ships I cycle through are fine in viewing them... it begins to go awry, soon after like... the 4th or 5th time of cycling through those views. Matters not if it's going through view using just the next function or the previous cam... the end results the same.

Next I know is, that the cam is then no longer focused on any ship at all... is located only God knows where exactly, just enough to know it's not on a ship. Some changing through the views after that point in the whole thing, is what looks to be open water, other views are near the land/water juncture... all the while, since the next/previous cam view has gone "bonkers", with the cam view doing a weird bob & weave up & down.

So far, am in My very 1st patrol out of Costanza... & yeah, I am in the proper U-boat for that... a Type II-A.... sailed from the base on the 1st of Oct. of '42... believe the date is right on when I left base.

Know that I set it up to start in 10-42, in the 30th flotilla, & that I selected a Type II-A U-boat, through SH3Commander.

Am in the middle of setting up just a straight up virgin mix, to use as a back stop to test & see if the same happens with starting out a career in the Black sea... as a control group test. The few extras that I use, have nothing to do with the cam, that I can see of, is just sound & texture eye candy things... nothing that impacts .dat, .zon or any of those things... still...

will run the base copy, just to cross verify.

M. M.
Old 10-04-22, 04:08 PM   #632
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Just curious as you said you added the two lakers made by Alex B as separate ships instead of overwriting the already existing ones. I see that you renamed the files but you forgot one thing, there's no file in the nations rosters for the newly named lakers so could cause crash if its randomly spawned or may not spawn at all until you make corresponding .cfg files in the roster folders for those two extra ships.

You need to add KSS_laker or something as a .cgf file and put it in the British roster etc for them to appear in the game...my understanding of how it works anyways.
Or is it still using the same class name from the already exisiting KSS in the nations rosters?
They both have .cfg file in roster. Named NKSQ_Laker/NKSS_Laker...working fine as all others.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 04:09 PM   #633
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Unsure of why, but the issue is with the next/previous cam views... for Me Fifi... the 1st couple of ships I cycle through are fine in viewing them... it begins to go awry, soon after like... the 4th or 5th time of cycling through those views. Matters not if it's going through view using just the next function or the previous cam... the end results the same.

Next I know is, that the cam is then no longer focused on any ship at all... is located only God knows where exactly, just enough to know it's not on a ship. Some changing through the views after that point in the whole thing, is what looks to be open water, other views are near the land/water juncture... all the while, since the next/previous cam view has gone "bonkers", with the cam view doing a weird bob & weave up & down.

So far, am in My very 1st patrol out of Costanza... & yeah, I am in the proper U-boat for that... a Type II-A.... sailed from the base on the 1st of Oct. of '42... believe the date is right on when I left base.

Know that I set it up to start in 10-42, in the 30th flotilla, & that I selected a Type II-A U-boat, through SH3Commander.

Am in the middle of setting up just a straight up virgin mix, to use as a back stop to test & see if the same happens with starting out a career in the Black sea... as a control group test. The few extras that I use, have nothing to do with the cam, that I can see of, is just sound & texture eye candy things... nothing that impacts .dat, .zon or any of those things... still...

will run the base copy, just to cross verify.

M. M.
Will check that camera bug later on
Old 10-04-22, 04:52 PM   #634
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
They both have .cfg file in roster. Named NKSQ_Laker/NKSS_Laker...working fine as all others.
Okay must have been misunderstanding then because I see them now but they're only present in the Baltic nations rosters (i'm guessing that was on purpose) and not in the British, American, Norway, Greece etc rosters.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 01:42 AM   #635
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Okay must have been misunderstanding then because I see them now but they're only present in the Baltic nations rosters (i'm guessing that was on purpose) and not in the British, American, Norway, Greece etc rosters.
Yes Kyle, your guess is right

I would like to add on that purpose for everybody, that my NYGM Enhanced Hardcore is NOT an official release of any kind… it’s just my own game on my computer that I share with you friends
It can’t be absolutely historical, it can’t be absolutely perfect …
Just plenty of compromises to take some good times

Old 10-05-22, 02:25 AM   #636
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Yes Kyle, your guess is right

I would like to add on that purpose for everybody, that my NYGM Enhanced Hardcore is NOT an official release of any kind… it’s just my own game on my computer that I share with you friends
It can’t be absolutely historical, it can’t be absolutely perfect …
Just plenty of compromises to take some good times

Yes, it is based on the hard work & effort of the original NYGM gang... and your gathering everything for it together into 1 easy to set up... is very much appreciated Fifi.

Ok, on the Black Sea front...

Just finished up, on setting things up with a completely virgin fresh install of it... & can report, that the issues faced by Myself & a few others, on the next/previous cams... was still ran into.

No idea exactly why, just that it is occurring... even with a completely devoid set up of any additional mods.

Factor in, that it was around the 6th or perhaps the 7th, click to go through the next cam view command... that it cropped up. Am thinking that it is probably the same with using the previous cam command, as well. That, is of course, supposition on My part, based on knowing that with the original install set up, that it was after a number of previous cam view command clicks that I 1st noted it Myself.... so not entirely supposition. The only actual guess is on the exact number of command key punches, before it happens.

So, there you have it My friend... at this juncture... I'll turn it over to you, on how to best proceed from there, armed with this info.

Can say that the AS campaign is without issue on this. Which does tend to narrow it down... I would think... but, that's just a guess only. As sometimes things turn out not quite so simple... at times. *nods*

I'll take a crack at the Med front & see how things go with it... & test that out.

M. M.
Old 10-05-22, 05:03 AM   #637
Fifi
Navy Seal

Ok, just revised the camera stuff, founded useless items I deleted (left over) & backed up a more basic items camera… tested it on convoy, and didn’t have any issues at all …

Will be available next update with new interesting ships I found.

Old 10-05-22, 12:21 PM   #638
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Ok, just revised the camera stuff, founded useless items I deleted (left over) & backed up a more basic items camera… tested it on convoy, and didn’t have any issues at all …

Much obliged to you, for looking into it Fifi... know that for some, use of cams is an affront to realism, from My perspective, it's nice to have them... as I do on occasion, like to capture screenshots of the action. Otherwise, wouldn't use them at all.

So, from Me... a very heartfelt thanks.

M. M.
Old 10-05-22, 12:29 PM   #639
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:

One other query, Fifi...

On starting both that test with the no other mods & the one with the few added eye candy, what is with the missions only saying to patrol "WEST" & Ost... which if memory serves, is East.

With the few added in eye candy career, the 1st patrol I got there, was to patrol "WEST" which heading out from Costanza... one can only head East, then after getting away from base, can head North, South or continue East...

The test bed virgin BS set up... I got the orders to patrol "Ost", with no clear-cut idea where to go... exactly to do that patrol.

Additionally, isn't there like... a pull-down mapping of the BS area, to use... iirc...

Just wondering...

M. M.
Old 10-05-22, 12:54 PM   #640
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Default Patrol Ost East.

yes I confirm what M.M says I was in the dark too...
Just arrived after an exhausting day, I can confirm that..
I still look at the comments Fifi thank you for the correction I wait for the new version to correct...
Sincerely Kal Maximus U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 10-05-22 at 03:22 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 01:28 PM   #641
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:

Not hardly... just a case of knowing when to dig in and fight & when valor is the better part of discretion... mon ami.

And even in the digging in & pitching battle... it is done with the utmost respect and standing by what I believe in.

In the event that I am wrong, having the good graces to acknowledge when I am.

My outlook, follows that simple serenity prayer... "Grant Me, the serenity to accept the thing I can't change, the courage to change the thing I can & the wisdom, to know the difference."

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
Mad Mardigan

My dear friend what prose...
that said enough joking as I told you "Alias ​​fayot" it was just joking ..... now let's get back to business ... Fifi is working like crazy to make this mod better by the way thanks to the energy that it has deployed.. it is already much better...and that's nothing to say, you just have to test the old one is the new one (Notice to aficionados)
to get them all excited here... Fifi needs a helping hand from the experience of the old "roaders" here...
from your experience as elders here you know this mod since you have played it in the past...
I don't have the experience I'm still a young fish.. as well as the mastery of modding I'm only testing I could probably mod but I said I don't have time I'm not retired.. .
So all the Ames of modding designer Fifi needs support in working he does it for everyone here at the start this mod had to remain personal Fifi decided to share it with everyone and it's better time...
So "The famous" Help Fifi..
come on M.M greeting Kal Maximus U669
Old 10-05-22, 01:29 PM   #642
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
One other query, Fifi...

On starting both that test with the no other mods & the one with the few added eye candy, what is with the missions only saying to patrol "WEST" & Ost... which if memory serves, is East.

With the few added in eye candy career, the 1st patrol I got there, was to patrol "WEST" which heading out from Costanza... one can only head East, then after getting away from base, can head North, South or continue East...

The test bed virgin BS set up... I got the orders to patrol "Ost", with no clear-cut idea where to go... exactly to do that patrol.

Additionally, isn't there like... a pull-down mapping of the BS area, to use... iirc...

Just wondering...

M. M.
Black Sea campaign has always been like that… Patrol Est or West… cause no grids!
Bth, Ost = Est (Ost front=Est front)
Divide the Black Sea by middle, and you’ll have your Est patrol & your West Patrol
(You can go wherever you want in those parts…

Old 10-05-22, 01:39 PM   #643
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Black Sea campaign has always been like that… Patrol Est or West… cause no grids!
Bth, Ost = Est (Ost front=Est front)
Divide the Black Sea by middle, and you’ll have your Est patrol & your West Patrol
(You can go wherever you want in those parts…

Ahhh... the darkness is made light... thank you very much for that insight... I did notice that it was strangely devoid of the kriegsmarine grid mapping that the Atlantic, & other oceans had.

The main one that matters is the main install, & now armed with that insight... will look forward to the next update with much eager anticipation, My friend.

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
Old 10-05-22, 01:48 PM   #644
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Mad Mardigan

My dear friend what prose...
that said enough joking as I told you "Alias ​​fayot" it was just joking ..... now let's get back to business ... Fifi is working like crazy to make this mod better by the way thanks to the energy that it has deployed.. it is already much better...and that's nothing to say, you just have to test the old one is the new one (Notice to aficionados)
to get them all excited here... Fifi needs a helping hand from the experience of the old "roaders" here...
from your experience as elders here you know this mod since you have played it in the past...
I don't have the experience I'm still a young fish.. as well as the mastery of modding I'm only testing I could probably mod but I said I don't have time I'm not retired.. .
So all the Ames of modding designer Fifi needs support in working he does it for everyone here at the start this mod had to remain personal Fifi decided to share it with everyone and it's better time...
So "The famous" Help Fifi..
come on M.M greeting Kal Maximus U669

Saluer...

voici de grandes aventures et de bons jours. C’est toujours un plaisir de se faire des amis, même si la distance peut être grande.

Puissiez-vous toujours connaître le succès, Mon ami.

M. M.
Old 10-05-22, 02:26 PM   #645
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Saluer...

voici de grandes aventures et de bons jours. C’est toujours un plaisir de se faire des amis, même si la distance peut être grande.

Puissiez-vous toujours connaître le succès, Mon ami.

M. M.
Thank you Mad Madrigan Sir is too good... know that I have no grievance against you quite the contrary you know it...