SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-21, 07:11 PM   #4006
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

Ho Ho Ho!!! Merry Christmas!!! Ho Ho Ho!!!

New Version of Fall of the Rising Sun released as of now
Version 1.7

New Version of the Add In Modz Pak released as of now
for FotRSU v1.7 - which includes a possible patch for vickers current Interiors mod

Is that Rudolph???
Old 12-20-21, 07:50 PM   #4007
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post

Version 1.7

for FotRSU v1.7 - which includes a possible patch for vickers current Interiors mod

Is that Rudolph???
Skipper Santa is arrived! My best gift! I can´t wait until Christmas. I want NOW a holiday in the Bungo Suido.

Downloading now...

Awesome surprise. Many thanks to all the Team.

Best regards and Happy Holidays!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 09:13 PM   #4008
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

Quote:

Version 1.7

Is that Rudolph???
Ahoy... talk about a merry christmas...

Downloading, & will set it up.

To all fellow subsimmer's...

from the M. M. house to yours...

Air attack.! Battle stations... (Battle Station alarms going off...) Man the flak guns.!!! Wait, Skipper. Is that Rudolph??? Secure from battle Stations... Secure the flak guns...

M. M.
Old 12-20-21, 10:18 PM   #4009
Battleship 61
Nub

Downloads: 48
Default Unable to get the mod working.

Hey guys, great mod by the looks of things but I simply cannot make this mod work. Can it not work on Laptops or is my processor unable to process such loads of information?

My Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS with Radeon Graphics, 3000 Mhs, 8 Cores, 16 Logistical Processors
I have a 32GB RAM 64 Bit ASUS Laptop

Also, whenever I disable Volumetric Fog in the Graphics Settings it seems to break the game. Whenever I do have pretty much everything as was when installed it gives me an error about the Volumetric Fog. I decided to try disabling the Texture Quality High I'm able to get a Single Mission to work but all the internal graphics of the submarine seem to spaz out if not outright disappear, same with the hull of the submarine. Same effect with Post Process Filters disabled.
I tried my resolution size but 60 Hz instead of 240 Hz and I can get a Single Mission to work just fine but trying to get a Campaign started at first crashed the game. I enabled Vertical Sync and tried again and now shows an error [Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx] which was the same at 240 Hz without Vertical Sync. Trying to continue ultimate causes the game to freeze and repeat someone clearing their throat. I tried again this time outside of harbor and it ultimately crashed giving the same error. Is there some way to fix this or is it just my laptop? Would really love to play this mod so I hope there is a way to fix it. Cheers.

Battleship 61
Battleship 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 11:15 PM   #4010
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleship 61 View Post
Hey guys, great mod by the looks of things but I simply cannot make this mod work. Can it not work on Laptops or is my processor unable to process such loads of information?

My Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS with Radeon Graphics, 3000 Mhs, 8 Cores, 16 Logistical Processors

Also, whenever I disable Volumetric Fog in the Graphics Settings it seems to break the game. Whenever I do have pretty much everything as was when installed it gives me an error about the Volumetric Fog. I decided to try disabling the Texture Quality High I'm able to get a Single Mission to work but all the internal graphics of the submarine seem to spaz out if not outright disappear, same with the hull of the submarine. Same effect with Post Process Filters disabled.
I tried my resolution size but 60 Hz instead of 240 Hz and I can get a Single Mission to work just fine but trying to get a Campaign started at first crashed the game. I enabled Vertical Sync and tried again and now shows an error [Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx] which was the same at 240 Hz without Vertical Sync. Trying to continue ultimate causes the game to freeze and repeat someone clearing their throat. I tried again this time outside of harbor and it ultimately crashed giving the same error. Is there some way to fix this or is it just my laptop? Would really love to play this mod so I hope there is a way to fix it. Cheers.

Battleship 61
Did you read the first page, before the download link?
Quote:
Read Me Please
Please read the included instructions found in this first post or on the download page, as well as also found in the mod itself in the Support folder. Briefly reiterated:
1. You must have a fresh install of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific v1.5 - the one with the U-Boats
2. That game must be installed in a folder that is NOT a "Program Files" folder, including if you are using Steam
3. You must have at least four (4) gig of RAM and a 64 bit Windows OS
(if you have something older and 32-bit with 4 gig of RAM, PM propbeanie who can get you going)
4. You must PROPERLY use either LAA or NTCore's 4Gig Patch, or similar on the SH4.exe file
5. You MUST empty the Save folder prior to starting the modded game
Further along in the posting is listed the information we need if you need help, such as where do you have Silent Hunter 4 installed? The default for the installer is into C:\Program Files... which will not work correctly. The game itself has to be installed outside of any "protected" folder. If you have Steam, that would mean also having Steam outside of Program Files, since the game installs under the Steam folder. If you do not move the game out of the Windows protection racket - er, folders, then Windows will rollback all portions of the mod that it thinks are dangerous to the system, which includes cfg files, of which each ship, plane, sub, and land unit in the game uses a cfg file. Imagine the result...

After that is mentioned the use of an LAA app to set the SH4.exe file to be recognized by Windows as capable of addressing more RAM. You do need to have a 64-bit OS for those applets to function correctly. If you have a 32-bit OS, you can edit the boot.ini kind of stuff, but it does cramp Windows itself a bit. Doable, but better to avoid and just use a 64-bit OS, especially with the RAM you have. Of necessity, the SH4.exe file must be write-enabled, and a lot of game installs will set it to read-only. Right-click on the file, choose "Properties" at the bottom of the context menu, and on the bottom of the "General" tab is the "Attributes" section. Clear the "Read-only" tick box and OK that.

You also must empty the Save game folder, which by default is C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4, unless you use MultiSH4 (included with the mod) to change the 3-letter name of the Save folder (recommended). The use of FotRSU without having emptied the Save folder will result in a mix of the previous mod or Stock, and FotRSU, which is usually not very pleasant. Somewhat similar results as a partial mod activation from above.

Your video stream should "match". Windows will show a "recommended" resolution for your display, and that's what it should be set to. In the game, it should recognize most Windows resolutions, but I am not certain if it can do 4k or not. If it doesn't, pick a multiple, such as 1/2 that, or 1920x1080, and a frequency that is a divisible of your 240, which would be 60, as an example. If it lists something that matches, use that. Then you will most likely have to delve into the Properties settings of the SH4.exe again, but this time on the "Compatibility" tab:

No two computers are exactly alike, and you might have to dig deep into this aspect. Let us know though, if matching that picture doesn't help at least some. Also, don't bother with the "Volumetric Fog" in the game, because it makes your deck crew "see-through", almost like apparitions, when it fogs in the game. It can get creepy just seeing two eyes with the outline of a body... yeesh! The "Sync Lock", especially with the newer cards will trash your display, and it is recommended not to do that. If you have an nVidia card, you can use some of its functionality, or use the Profile Inspector thingie, and limit the frame rate. The game is an old DirectX 9 game, and was designed to run at 30fps, and is what at least one of the game's clocks runs off of, but most players will not notice the time shift that occurs over the course of time...

Let us know how you get along!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 11:22 PM   #4011
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleship 61 View Post

Battleship 61

Did you, clear out save folder for FotRS-U, as it is clearly stated... is NOT back compatible... meaning if you attempted to continue with your career, from the last (or any earlier on version... well... it's gonna crash & burn on ya... is just how it is... )

1st off... source of your SH4 & what version... is it, hmmm...

2ndly, with SH4.. where do you have it installed... hmmm...

3rdly, did you go into the SH4.exe & in "properties... uncheck mark write only...??? & while in properties... did you change it to Win 7 mode & check mark "Run as Admin".?

4th... you did 4GB patch or use Large Address Aware with your SH4 mod mix... hmmm...

and... Last, but most definitely not least... post your jsgme mod activated list... (That is, assuming... that you are using JSGME... I trust & NOT free basing the mods into the SH4 mix.)

M. M.
Old 12-21-21, 12:26 AM   #4012
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24

Yes. The rising Sun!

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 12:35 PM   #4013
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26
Support

Should i really do a complete new installation, or is it enough do disable Fotrs 1.46 with JSGME then check via Steam for missing files and then delete the whole SH4 Folder in C/User/documents?

Just asking cause I have a poor Internet connection.
Germany is an Internetz banana republic.

P.S. Great Mod. Me and the men had much fun this far.
Also doesn't run less stable than the Stock game if i remember correctly.
All my crashes resulted from planes so far, on all TC rates at least down till 16X
Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 01:10 PM   #4014
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
Should i really do a complete new installation, or is it enough do disable Fotrs 1.46 with JSGME then check via Steam for missing files and then delete the whole SH4 Folder in C/User/documents?

Just asking cause I have a poor Internet connection.
Germany is an Internetz banana republic.

P.S. Great Mod. Me and the men had much fun this far.
Also doesn't run less stable than the Stock game if i remember correctly.
All my crashes resulted from planes so far, on all TC rates at least down till 16X
With the method you outlined, should be doable Rock Storm.

Did that when I went from v1.46 to v1.6X (aka the preview version )

So, should be safe. De activate, remove the v1.46 & replace with v1.7 FotRS-U. After that, just add in the basic mods like Nippon Maru v.4, I think is the latest... (have to check on that, Myself, still... ) the add on to Nippon, Nihon_Kaigun_v1.0 & vickers03's interiors mod, followed by the patch. (if needed, I think was what was said on that... adding that patch in. )

Haven't had My 1st mug of Navy mud yet... so the ol' grey cells, aren't firing on all 8 cylinders just yet. :

After ensuring that just the base mods, are all working rightly... then... & ONLY then, slowly investigate with the rest of the mod mix you had with v1.46 mod mix. Adding in 1... at a time... & testing with a dummy career.

I name Mine "Tester Crashdummy"...

Know that porpbeanie will confirm or refute anything incorrect here... but... am pretty fairly confident that what I've outlined, should be followable...

That is... if He doesn't beat Me to the punch...

Just joshing, propbeanie, but.. there have been times, I'd be or will be typing & you slid in under the radar on Me... porting a reply that was pretty much in line with what I finished with & posted... just to find out you... crossed the finish line ahead of Me. Not that I consider it a race... ever. just a useful... metaphor...

Hope this helps... as always.

M. M.
Old 12-21-21, 01:28 PM   #4015
Rock Storm
Watch

Ausgezeichnet! (excellent, disginguished)
In the german synchronisation of the simpsons, thats what Monty Burns is saying in these moments with the close shot on his face and with his cold smile.

Yeah, i'am brewing a cup of "Mucke****" for you too.
"Mucke****" was some artificial coffee during those WW1 years in Germany, because of the english blockade. Along with artificial honey and other stuff, don't ask what these things were made of. Those guys who liked their coffee must have developed the solid coastal defence Subs (Type 7C).
Now that i think of it.

Thank you very much.
Sorry can't talk any more, the men are waiting.
Old 12-21-21, 01:30 PM   #4016
Rock Storm
Watch

LoL. Censored.
In german they really called it Muckephuck, but phuck has no meaning in german, at least back in those days.

Old 12-21-21, 01:43 PM   #4017
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default v1.7 First Try - Fail - CTD at 256x TC

Followed standard procedures: Deleted entire SH4 folder from Documents; Deleted the game from my Ubisoft folder on G: drive; copied a pristine v1.4 SH4 to a new Ubisoft sub-folder on the G: drive; applied LAA to new SH4.exe; Downloaded and extracted FOTRU 1.7 to the MODS folder; ran SH4 one time without the Mod to set sound and graphics (did not leave the Main Menu); then applied the FOTRSU 1.7 mod via JSGME with NO other Mods.

I love the fast load of the game and the career start. Started a new career out of Manila on December 9 in the Sturgeon. Got the mission to patrol just North of Luzon, leaving on 12/10. Got underway, set the torpedos and a course to the patrol area. Drew 10.2 NM Circles around Manila, Mariveles, and Subic Bay to know the boundaries. Set speed to Ahead Full and then I increased TC to 256, and BOOM - CTD.

Tried the mission twice after reloading the game. Same results, both at about 25NM outside Manila Bay (I'm guessing). The first time I had two programs running in the background by mistake. I shut them off before starting the second time but had same results there. Btw, both times i was in the F5 map view when it crashed. Did not observe any other activity on the map (Map Contacts ON).

I suspect TC, but my gear should be able to handle that and a lot more. Are you saying that I can no longer use a half-way decent TC? Or did I miss a procedure?

EDIT: I ran the exact same mission again, this time with TCx1. Again starting Outside the harbor, I let it run and left it for about 20-30 minutes (my dogs insisted I join them for a nap). I awoke as the ambient sound dropped to zero, and the screen black. So, it is not likely a TC problem as much as one that occurs a certain distance WNW of the West end of Corregidor. Using that as a measuring point I'm guessing I was about 20-30 NM WNW of the island when I got the CTD.

BTW, I really like the new ambient sound. That typewriter was driving me NUTS!. (:-D

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 12-21-21 at 03:03 PM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 01:58 PM   #4018
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Followed standard procedures: Deleted entire SH4 folder from Documents; Deleted the game from my Ubisoft folder on G: drive; copied a pristine v1.4 SH4 to a new Ubisoft sub-folder on the G: drive; applied LAA to new SH4.exe; Downloaded and extracted FOTRU 1.7 to the MODS folder; ran SH4 one time without the Mod to set sound and graphics (did not leave the Main Menu); then applied the FOTRSU 1.7 mod via JSGME with NO other Mods.

I love the fast load of the game and the career start. Started a new career out of Manila on December 9 in the Sturgeon. Got the mission to patrol just North of Luzon, leaving on 12/10. Got underway, set the torpedos and a course to the patrol area. Drew 10.2 NM Circles around Manila, Mariveles, and Subic Bay to know the boundaries. Set speed to Ahead Full and then I increased TC to 256, and BOOM - CTD.

Tried the mission twice after reloading the game. Same results, both at about 25NM outside Manila Bay (I'm guessing). The first time I had two programs running in the background by mistake. I shut them off before starting the second time but had same results there. Btw, both times i was in the F5 map view when it crashed. Did not observe any other activity on the map (Map Contacts ON).

I suspect TC, but my gear should be able to handle that and a lot more. Are you saying that I can no longer use a half-way decent TC? Or did I miss a procedure?
Downloaded v1.7, but... have NOT yet, got it unzipped or installed, just yet... am in the works of doing just that.

Will report back, after I have done so &... ran it, to see if those selfsame end results occur on My end. Either way.. I shall report back, one way... or the other.

M. M.

In the interim... care to run jsgme, task it with making a copy of the mod order that you currently have, & pasting the net results back here... if you would, torpedobait, sir.
Old 12-21-21, 03:01 PM   #4019
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post

Just to be sure, but you have v1.4 of the game listed, and your finger just did a propbeanie right? It should be v1.5, correct? Next, I highlight in orange what NOT to do, unless you delete that Save folder before running FotRSU. You probably have a mix of Stock and FotRSU in your folder. You should be able to use 128x on the F5 map with lots going on around you. 256x might sutter some. Dependent upon the load, you might have to 64x, like at about 0900 hours Manila, this dude is hightailing it south:

That is our Long Island stunt double for the Langley hightailing it to Balikpapen and then Darwin, to finally go to Fremantle and then be sunk enroute to Tilatjap. (Too much information!!!) Anyway, there should be a green circle around the Manila Bay / Cavite area. If you start at Mariveles, you are outside that circle, of course, but it is not as "necessary" out there, due to the already reduced traffic of the area. But, delete your Save folder and try again. You should not have to re-do the mod. You might also check on the read / write status of the SH4.exe file, and make certain the LAA (or 4Gig Patch) is definitely properly set on the SH4.exe file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 03:04 PM   #4020
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Downloaded v1.7, but... have NOT yet, got it unzipped or installed, just yet... am in the works of doing just that.

Will report back, after I have done so &... ran it, to see if those selfsame end results occur on My end. Either way.. I shall report back, one way... or the other.

M. M.

In the interim... care to run jsgme, task it with making a copy of the mod order that you currently have, & pasting the net results back here... if you would, torpedobait, sir.
See my edited comment above. Same thing with TCx1.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote