Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-23, 01:57 PM   #11071
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A media research alliance of German and international TV stations and newspapers reports this:

There is apparently a new lead in the German investigation into the attacks on the Nord Stream pipelines. According to research by NDR, WDR, "Süddeutsche Zeitung" and international media partners, it leads to Ukrainian military circles.

According to the report, the Federal Prosecutor General's investigation continues to focus on the sailing yacht "Andromeda": several people are said to have taken off in it from Rostock in September 2022 and could be involved in the explosions at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.

One of the persons could have been a Ukrainian national, according to the research. His name is known to the research partners. The man is said to be in his mid-20s and from a town southeast of Kiev. Photos on social networks show a young man, sometimes in military uniform with helmet - and with conspicuous tattoos. He is said to have previously served in an infantry unit of the Ukrainian military.

The man himself could not be reached. A relative stated on the phone that he was currently serving in the military. According to her information, the man had not left Ukraine last fall, when the explosions were said to have been prepared. Ukrainian government agencies have not yet responded to an inquiry.

From the sailing yacht "Andromeda" another trace apparently leads to Ukraine: the Polish company that had rented the yacht names in official documents as "president" a woman who, according to the research, lives in Ukraine. According to investigative circles, the company registered as a travel agency is apparently a letterbox company and the president is probably a straw woman who knows nothing about the actual operations of the company.

The travel agency does not have a website and has not recorded any significant sales for years - but then in 2020 suddenly 2.8 million euros, with what remains unclear. On the phone, the woman confirmed to be president of the company. Further verbal and also written questions she left unanswered.

To the new searches neither official places in Poland, Sweden, Denmark or in Germany wanted to express themselves. States like Ukraine, the USA or Russia have always denied any responsibility for the destruction of the pipelines. An inquiry to the Ukrainian embassy about the latest research initially remained unanswered. It remains unclear who is ultimately behind the attacks.

[Focus]

NDR, WDR and Süddeutsche Zeitung are very left-leaning media, however, one should keep that in mind.
Old 05-21-23, 02:42 PM   #11072
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^
It has been in the news here in Denmark and Sweden, some month ago.

Latest news here. Is this Russian vessel who can carry a 2 man sub-A Danish Patrol boat toke lots of picture of it.
(which I/we discussed some weeks ago)

Who's behind it-I don't know and who's gonna benefit from it-I don't know.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 05-21-23, 03:34 PM   #11073
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

More about these F-16's

(This is a partial translation from a Danish Article)

Quote:
Pioneering work
The Ukrainian Air Force is largely built around older Soviet MiG fighters, radars and communications equipment. In addition, the Ukrainian landing sites must also undergo an overhaul before any aircraft may be integrated.

- The F-16s you send to Ukraine must be able to communicate with the Ukrainian systems, ground forces and radars. So adjustments have to be made. There will be a lot of challenges because these are such different systems, says Hans Peter Michaelsen and continues:

- Another characteristic of the F-16 is that it has the air intake right down to the ground, so very clean runways are also required. There must not be cracks in the asphalt and things that it can suck up into the engine. So the bases they will be flying from will need an overhaul.
There's a lot more into it than training the pilots and the grown crew

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 05-22-23, 04:42 AM   #11074
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-22-23, 05:30 AM   #11075
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-22-23, 09:23 AM   #11076
Skybird
Soaring

France announces a raise of its defence budget by a whopping 30%.

Yoo-hoo, Germany - woke up already or still deadlocked in REM sleep??
Old 05-22-23, 10:01 AM   #11077
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 05-22-23, 12:18 PM   #11078
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-22-23, 12:20 PM   #11079
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Along the Ukrainian border in Russia's Belgorod region Russia spent a fortune positioning masses of tanks traps and digging anti-tank ditches boi they worked well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-22-23, 12:42 PM   #11080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The fight for Bakhmut has shown that Russian commanders cannot coordinate their disparate forces. Nor can they think up ways to inject elements of surprise and flexibility into their operations or show any regard for economy of effort; all vital military considerations.

If they take any lessons from Bakhmut at all - and it is a big ‘if’ given that the Russian army has rarely shown itself to be a self-critical organisation - they will reinforce the belief that flattening an area with artillery then pushing men forward at great cost to clear what remains is a winning tactic.

It is not, or at least it only can be if you have an unlimited stock of manpower and ammunition and a society that will tolerate the butcher’s bill. None of these are guaranteed anymore for Putin.

Old 05-22-23, 01:25 PM   #11081
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Old 05-22-23, 01:28 PM   #11082
Skybird
Soaring

The joke is that for the Ukrainians the buildings and the place of Bakhmut probabaly never were what they were after.

And their game is still not over. If I were moving forces into a city and have the enemy advancing north and south of that city and threatening to interrupt lines in my back, I would be very worried.

In other words I think its possible that Bakhmut was just a giant Ukrainian trap. And Ivan stepped into it.
Old 05-22-23, 02:03 PM   #11083
Skybird
Soaring

Putin must have a greater interest in continuing the war even if it runs terribly bad, than he has in getting a peace.

https://www-fr-de.translate.goog/pol..._x_tr_pto=wapp
Old 05-22-23, 04:00 PM   #11084
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

There are unconfirmed reports that Lenin’s tomb is temporarily closed while crews repair and reposition Lenin after he “turned over in his grave” due to recent events in Belgorod.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 05-23-23, 05:17 AM   #11085
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread