SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-24, 08:00 AM   #2086
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Wow , your reviewing over 800,000 lines of entries in those campaign files. As I have said before , "THANK YOU" for taking on this massive undertaking.

It goes to show you how resilient the game engine is to run with all the stuff that can be messed up.

Things should run like a top when your done. Really worth the effort.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 08:05 AM   #2087
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Currently correcting many waypoints errors, sides errors, dates errors ect…
Whole RND file will be reworked unit by unit, as well as SCR file.
Only way to correct things.
Even quite incredible this game could run well with all those errors.
By the way, No program could detect those waypoints errors.
Huge work but very much worth it
It is definitely worth going through those files. While it won't find any routing errors across dry land Fifi, the use of Hebe Vollmaus's mySH3-Tool can really help with the SH3 campaign files, and will generate an error list that displays in WinMerge and highlights all of the "Speed" and other errors. It is definitely a mountain of data it generates, but can help the game run better. It is a bit of an involved process, and you do have to correct all of the other errors in the files before you do the campaign files, but he has plenty of documentation in the first post of his thread mySH3-TooL_v1 small SH3 Mod-Helper Tool - he is up to v2.1e currently.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 08:32 AM   #2088
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It is definitely worth going through those files. While it won't find any routing errors across dry land Fifi, the use of Hebe Vollmaus's mySH3-Tool can really help with the SH3 campaign files, and will generate an error list that displays in WinMerge and highlights all of the "Speed" and other errors. It is definitely a mountain of data it generates, but can help the game run better. It is a bit of an involved process, and you do have to correct all of the other errors in the files before you do the campaign files, but he has plenty of documentation in the first post of his thread mySH3-TooL_v1 small SH3 Mod-Helper Tool - he is up to v2.1e currently.

Fifi is aware of the program but is having issues getting it up and running. I have attempted to assist helping Fifi, but no joy so far.

Old 02-19-24, 02:50 PM   #2089
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmauri89 View Post
I mean the hand ( Guard ) rails the crew used as a protection when operating on the deck.

I cobbled together this for railings on the Type VIIB. The turm appears to come from the CCoM Type VIIB which does not include the hand rails, those are located on the hull. I just remarried the Turm in Fifi's mod and the hull file from CCoM.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5su1z...lings.zip/file

I gave it a cursory test and it seems to work okay. I did not experience any CTD or things not working. No guarantees though. The Crew on Deck faces to opposite or the original port side, if starting from the dock.

Here's a screen shot :

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 02-20-24, 01:53 AM   #2090
Orffen
Mate

Downloads: 214

Thank you Fifi, looking forward to the new updates when they are ready!

I'm a little bit confused about the UI currently - I remember some time ago only 1920x1080 was supported, is that still the case or are there options for running in smaller resolutions?

It's been a while since I've played SH3 as well and I can't recall, can it run in windowed mode or only full screen?
Old 02-20-24, 09:13 AM   #2091
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Downloads: 207
Icon7 Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
I cobbled together this for railings on the Type VIIB. The turm appears to come from the CCoM Type VIIB which does not include the hand rails, those are located on the hull. I just remarried the Turm in Fifi's mod and the hull file from CCoM.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5su1z...lings.zip/file

I gave it a cursory test and it seems to work okay. I did not experience any CTD or things not working. No guarantees though. The Crew on Deck faces to opposite or the original port side, if starting from the dock.

Here's a screen shot :

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Thank you very much FUBAR295. It looks amazing, can't wait to try it. I'm downloading it now.

- All set, Sir!
Silentmauri89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 09:41 AM   #2092
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmauri89 View Post
Thank you very much FUBAR295. It looks amazing, can't wait to try it. I'm downloading it now.

Old 02-20-24, 11:30 AM   #2093
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orffen View Post
Thank you Fifi, looking forward to the new updates when they are ready!

I'm a little bit confused about the UI currently - I remember some time ago only 1920x1080 was supported, is that still the case or are there options for running in smaller resolutions?

It's been a while since I've played SH3 as well and I can't recall, can it run in windowed mode or only full screen?
Next update, can tell you this will be a completely brand new game

Highly recommended for 1920x1080, never tried others resolutions… so can’t tell you.

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 09:39 AM   #2094
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default XXIII 1945

Hi Fifi
Is the XXIII available in your mod? I saw that in the Submarine folder of your mod there is a folder for the XXIII. I inserted the folder in the original XXIII mod for NYGM replacing the original Submarine folder in that mod, but the hull of the XXI is what shows up when the mission starts.

The XXIII mod was available a number of years ago, and I did use it because the submarine was actually used at the end of the war unlike the XXI. Is there a way to change the hull type that shows up when I insert your XXIII folder into the original XXIII mod?

Because the XXIII is historically real and was used in combat missions it would be a great addition to your mod.

silentwayIII
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 10:43 AM   #2095
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

The Type XXIII was included in the NYGM 3.2. From the readme ;

"FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod - enables use of a Type XXIII ‘electric’ U-boat, and installs a radar receiver onto schnorchel heads, as well as other minor changes. Must only be used after October 1944.

In checking the Submarine file there is a Type XXIII included but the config shows the following :

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeXXIII
HumanPlayable=NO
;;Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat2/NSS_Uboat2
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=9.7
MaxSpeedSubmerged=12.5
Length=37.4
Width=3.0
RenownAwarded=110

[Salvo]
1=1,2

[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=10.5;meters
SnorkelDepth=9;meters
CrashDepth=80;meters
MaxDepth=300;meters
SurfaceDepth=7;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=16;meters
StormConditions=9,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

[EngineProperties]
AllStop=0.0
AheadSlow=0.25
AheadOneThird=0.40
AheadStandard=0.60
AheadFull=0.90
AheadFlank=1.00
BackSlow=-0.26
BackStandard=-0.40
BackFull=-0.53
BackEmergency=-0.66

In looking at the file it shows it is not available for the human player. So I am not sure what happened along the way, but it appears not intended for use by the player. when installed.

The Type XXIII has a complete model :

Not sure why you have a Type XXI hull.

It may be that you need to install "FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod" which enables use of a Type XXIII ‘electric’ U-boat.

I found that file and is available here ;

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w47ig...INYGM.zip/file

Read the install instruction fully.

Good hunting
FUBAR295

Old 02-22-24, 12:27 PM   #2096
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 455

The XXIII model is not human player in NYGM … maybe it has been some early days, but Stiebler decided to not use it anymore … don’t know why

Anyway, after next update, it was in my plan to try to re-launch it!
Patience patience … I’m still far to finish my campaign files
But every day is a step forward

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 12:52 PM   #2097
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Fifi,

You can with the mod. In looking at it it is listed as a Type XXI but pulling up the model in the .dat file it shows this ;

It bypasses the config in the XXIII file and changes the model. So it looks like it is there.

If it works or not, don't know. Could try and find out.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 02-22-24, 01:15 PM   #2098
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Here's a screen shot ;

You can go into the Uboast as it has a Type II interior, but nothing works with this mod out of the box. It still does not let the player operate things. Also the crew numbers need to be adjusted, so it needs work as Fifi has indicated.

Old 02-22-24, 02:22 PM   #2099
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

The type XXIII was in NYGM for sure because I played it. Although I haven't tried it in years
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 03:39 PM   #2100
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
The type XXIII was in NYGM for sure because I played it. Although I haven't tried it in years

It may have been playable previously, but there has been so many changes to NYGM, I did not really expect it to work out of the box, but it still loaded but nothing works such as periscopes, UZO, getting the boat to even get out of the pen, it does not move. radar and so on. You can go inside, but you see a Type II interior.

Fifi will have to give a look.