SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-07, 04:31 PM   #46
PepsiCan
Planesman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Parse error

Hi

I'm trying to open a stock SH4 SIM file (NSS_TAMBOR.SIM). I get the message PARSE ERROR... It happens as well for other NSS_XXX.SIM files in the "submarine" directory. Other SIM files can be opened though.

If you need the SIM file, let me know.

That's all.
MSI NVidia 6800 128MB
MSI motherboard
Realtek soundcard
Windows XP Pro SP2
===================
PepsiCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 08:08 PM   #47
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Ok , i found sea speed in the scene dat/Env Data/properties . I want to change the number from 0.06 to 0.04 . How do i do it in Silent 3ditor (alpha). How do i open an already modified Scent dat file . I am trying to open the scene dat in the silent hunter data folder that is enabled with JSGME that incorporated living breathing ocean adjustments . It has a message that says The specified type must not be a generic type definition . Parameter name:t

Last edited by THE_MASK; 08-05-07 at 08:33 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 10:28 PM   #48
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
Ok , i found sea speed in the scene dat/Env Data/properties . I want to change the number from 0.06 to 0.04 . How do i do it in Silent 3ditor (alpha). How do i open an already modified Scent dat file . I am trying to open the scene dat in the silent hunter data folder that is enabled with JSGME that incorporated living breathing ocean adjustments . It has a message that says The specified type must not be a generic type definition . Parameter name:t
If you read the first page of the thread, you'll find the solution :hmm:

@PepsiCan: yes, please send me the file.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 12:19 PM   #49
PepsiCan
Planesman

Default Done

@skwasjer: done
MSI NVidia 6800 128MB
MSI motherboard
Realtek soundcard
Windows XP Pro SP2
===================
Old 08-06-07, 12:49 PM   #50
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

At the mo I am using S3D in conjunction with Hexed to find addys and stuff, and again I can only say its a kick ass tool, even in its current state. I have nothing to add as such at the mo. Just keep her on track man .
Old 08-06-07, 04:10 PM   #51
skwasjer
The Old Man

Thanks PepsiCan, I've identified the problem. It will be fixed with the next release.

Speaking of which, just a few days, and a new version will be available...

The current changelog (although I've still some things to add/fix, one which is the highly anticipated property value editor):

New
  • Ability to delete chunks.
  • Import raw chunk added (export was already supported). Be carefull with this though. Incorrect use can make the file you are working unreadable to the game.
  • When you run S3D again while another instance is already running, it will bring the existing instance up and terminate the new one.
  • Added a file info pane at the bottom. The pane displays the path, dates and size of the opened file. To view it, click the thin blue bar just above the statusbar.
  • When selecting an individual property, info of that property is shown: date type, offset, size, etc.
Changed
  • Seperated resources from main assembly, so it is smaller (for quick patches in the future).
  • Renamed propertydefitions.xml to propertydefinitions.xml (doh!)
  • Due to some internal changes, all user preferences are reset. I hope this won't need to happen next time...
  • Renamed 'Size' to 'Chunk size' and 'Chunk size' to 'Data size'. Sorry for overlooking this. (thanks Anvart)
  • Changed behavior of File > Close. Previously, the application would close if the last file was closed. Now, the last window will remain open. Use File > Exit to exit the application. (thanks Anvart)
  • Part of the property parser is reworked. These changes generally should improve data type detection. However, because I can't test it on all files all the time, if you find it doesn't open a particular file anymore, please tell me...
Fixes
  • Fixed a parse bug with cameras.dat (thanks CaptainCox)
  • Fixed issue with move up/down chunk.
  • Some minor bugfixes
  • Color edit control sometimes displayed a descriptive string of the color (for instance: Red) where you expect numeric values. This is corrected. (thanks Anvart)
Improved
  • Updated installer with logo.
  • Updated interface with some visual styles.
Latest screenshot

Last edited by skwasjer; 08-06-07 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 05:22 PM   #52
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Awesome

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 03:09 AM   #53
PepsiCan
Planesman

Default Filepath

Yep! Especially the file path is a welcome addition! Simple but o so usefull.
MSI NVidia 6800 128MB
MSI motherboard
Realtek soundcard
Windows XP Pro SP2
===================
Old 08-07-07, 03:19 AM   #54
Bando
Commodore

Downloads: 23

It's great

Bando
Bando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 05:12 AM   #55
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

The end of the Minitweaker draws near hail the Minitweaker
And long live S3D:p
Old 08-07-07, 10:28 AM   #56
pontius
Gunner

Thank you again for your great tool, it is a very good help for me.

One thing I came across is:

When i am adding manually a new 3D- or Non3d- Node I tried to give them new ID and the correct Parent-ID using your tool. So I changed the ID's and your Tool shows the correct changes, but somehow it didn't work correctly.
Looking into the nodes with the hexeditor I saw, it only changed the first appaerance of the Node-ID and Parent-ID. I found also a second appearance of these ID's in the nodes that had to be changed, it would be great if your tool could do this too.

It was the really first time i tried hex-editing, so maybe i am just overlooking something

greetings,
pontius
pontius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 11:34 AM   #57
skwasjer
The Old Man

This is by design (right now). As you've seen, changing an id breaks the tree as child nodes no longer reference an existing node. You'll have to go through the file and update each place where the id is referenced.

There's a few reasons why I didn't implement this (yet): it is complicated and risky. The main reason is there may be places where an id sits, but I don't know about it (in particular: specific properties with an id, other external files, or even unknown chunks). If I'd update the places I know about now, you'll run the risk of having the file only partial updated. Inexperienced modders will assume 'all is good' and there the trouble starts. At least now you know there's a manual fix up to go through.

So, it is up to the modder to rebuild a tree structure chunk by chunk (node by node) where changing id's is involved.
Old 08-07-07, 05:47 PM   #58
pontius
Gunner

Thanks for the answer, it sounds reasonable to me. As long as we put new Nodes in manually, it will be no problem also changing the ID's manually.
(But maybe in future it will be possible to just get a new node with correct ID's just by pressing a button? :hmm

Keep up the good work!
Ah, and I really love the way you made assigning materials really easy

Greetings,
pontius
pontius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 06:52 PM   #59
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Found something it won't open.

Data/Library/ShipParts/guns_radars.sim and Data/Library/ShipParts/guns_radars_02.sim. _03.sim opens fine.

The error dialog says, "The specified Type must not be a generic type definition. Parameter name: t"

tater
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 07:21 PM   #60
skwasjer
The Old Man

Thanks, I'll have a look... I've made some improvements to the parser already, and it should show better messages (indicating the actual problem), and hopefully less too...