SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-21, 05:07 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Adding harbor facilities in campaign.loc

How to add harbor facilities to the campaign.loc? I would like to add the submarine base at New London, CT in TMO.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 07:43 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Decide what and where you want to add something, and either use a text editor and copy the examples in Campaign_LOC, or open the ME and then open the Campaign_LOC.mis file. Zoom in to where you are going to want to place your item. Then use the "Tools" menu, and click on "Map location edit mode". Right-click on the map approximately where you want your dock or searchlight or whatever. Choose "Add map location". If it is greyed-out, refer to the "Tools" menu again. Once you have the "Add map location" window, you have to "Name" it up top for the editor. No duplicates allowed here! Change the "Location type" to 3DMapData. Change the "Location 3D Model" to what you want in that folder. There are quite a few, and you cannot "see" them. Change the "2D Image Map name" to the matching corresponding 3D model. Be aware though, that there are a few 3D "assets" that do NOT have matching 2D models. The "Location name in game" is optional, but do NOT leave it at "Location name in game". That will be on the NavMap. Skip the "Heading" for now. It is usually a good idea to change the font below that, and most of the locations use the FPCond18.dds file, but whatever you want. Change the Font Color, unless you like blue text. The "Zoom start" for most locations is set to 500. The "Zoom end" is usually 1. Tick the "Scale on zoom". The "Max Obj slope" for most is 0.550000, and the "Scale (m.pixel at zoom end)" is usually 14.377808 (I don't know why). This is one dialog where the game usually pays attention to the dates, so be careful there! Click "Accept", and now you should be able to finally see your item on the map. You may have to zoom in or zoom out to see it better, but now you can right-click and "Edit map location", and use the "Heading" section to turn it to your desired heading. That particular setting has to be deleted entirely before you can enter a new one. Odd that... Anyway, be sure and use "View" and "Render accurate shore line" and bump the dock into the shoreline if necessary... Don't forget the Save the file... Dont' forget which file you put your new dock (or whatever) into either, else someone will call you propbeanie...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 02:37 AM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Decide what and where you want to add something, and either use a text editor and copy the examples in Campaign_LOC, or open the ME and then open the Campaign_LOC.mis file. Zoom in to where you are going to want to place your item. Then use the "Tools" menu, and click on "Map location edit mode". Right-click on the map approximately where you want your dock or searchlight or whatever. Choose "Add map location". If it is greyed-out, refer to the "Tools" menu again. Once you have the "Add map location" window, you have to "Name" it up top for the editor. No duplicates allowed here! Change the "Location type" to 3DMapData. Change the "Location 3D Model" to what you want in that folder. There are quite a few, and you cannot "see" them. Change the "2D Image Map name" to the matching corresponding 3D model. Be aware though, that there are a few 3D "assets" that do NOT have matching 2D models. The "Location name in game" is optional, but do NOT leave it at "Location name in game". That will be on the NavMap. Skip the "Heading" for now. It is usually a good idea to change the font below that, and most of the locations use the FPCond18.dds file, but whatever you want. Change the Font Color, unless you like blue text. The "Zoom start" for most locations is set to 500. The "Zoom end" is usually 1. Tick the "Scale on zoom". The "Max Obj slope" for most is 0.550000, and the "Scale (m.pixel at zoom end)" is usually 14.377808 (I don't know why). This is one dialog where the game usually pays attention to the dates, so be careful there! Click "Accept", and now you should be able to finally see your item on the map. You may have to zoom in or zoom out to see it better, but now you can right-click and "Edit map location", and use the "Heading" section to turn it to your desired heading. That particular setting has to be deleted entirely before you can enter a new one. Odd that... Anyway, be sure and use "View" and "Render accurate shore line" and bump the dock into the shoreline if necessary... Don't forget the Save the file... Dont' forget which file you put your new dock (or whatever) into either, else someone will call you propbeanie...

Thanks Will have to try it after the holidays.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 06:03 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Thanks Will have to try it after the holidays.
if you can follow all of PB's directions and make it work, then you can come over here and help set up the audio/video equipment i have.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 08:20 PM   #5
propbeanie

I have my kids do that anymore... btw - I thought HDMI was going to get rid of all of these multi-cabling set-ups for us, and have pristine audio! so why do sound bars now have two HDMI input on them? is that for multiple devices? If so, only two?... anyway, back to our regularly unscheduled program...

Old 12-17-21, 09:17 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
I have my kids do that anymore... btw - I thought HDMI was going to get rid of all of these multi-cabling set-ups for us, and have pristine audio! so why do sound bars now have two HDMI input on them? is that for multiple devices? If so, only two?... anyway, back to our regularly unscheduled program...
how in the %ell do i know? ask your kids.
i still have gold wire RCA wire sets for the TV and VCR connections. Where is that &amned remote control?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 07:13 PM   #7
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Old 12-18-21, 10:01 PM   #8
propbeanie

We'll give you the crayons back, if you promise not to eat them again!

They are tempting, all those pretty colors... yum...

Old 12-21-21, 01:45 PM   #9
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I work in IT so I'll help you out.

Did you try turning it off and on.....

Old 12-21-21, 03:11 PM   #10
propbeanie

With the hammer? Yes, I did. It is "fixed". Turning it back on no longer functions... lol