Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-22, 06:37 PM   #1
embraceentropy
Seaman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 TWoS 5120x1440 Resolution

Trying to get SH5 working again as I've missed it! Since the last time I played (in 2019) I have upgraded to a 32:9 monitor running 5120x1440 resolution. My initial attempts have failed and, unfortunately, my tinkering time is limited.

I'm cool with it running with dead areas on the sides, but windowed mode (with the tool bar, desktop showing, etc) doesn't get big enough on my screen and not really playable.

I ran across this post: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...56#post2706856 ...but it is for a smaller resolution in 32:9. Has anyone been successful with Cheat Engine from this thread?

I've tried changing scaling options in the compatibility tab in windows and I've tried modifying the nvidia control panel settings with on luck.
embraceentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:55 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Have you tried noodling with the SH5.exe file's Properties? I have not had occasion to try this, but if you right-click on the SH5.exe file and choose "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "Compatibility" tab. Then click on the "Change high DPI settings" button, which will open another little window. Most folks will use the bottom portion of that with the "High DPI scaling over-ride" set to "Application", but for a short while, I had a computer that I had to use the top section of that Properties page, under the "Program DPI" section. I had to click on the "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." tick box, and then set it to "I open this program". If you click on the blue hyperlink "Open Advanced scaling settings", it will open a "normal" Windows Settings dialog of the same name. On that page, there is a "Fix scaling for apps" section and a "Custom Scaling" section. For my particular computer, I had to turn off the "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry", else the computer would go wonky re-scaling the screen. Maybe you could turn that off also, and if you needed your Windowed SH5 to be twice as large, put in 200 percent. One and half times would be 150 - IF I'm thinking correctly... - If it bombs, just rollback your changes... I like cell fones and their cameras as a reminder... lol - the one thing that would worry me, is that this might be a global settting, instead of just "Program", even though you are going through a Program's Properties page for it... You'll know soon enough though.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote