SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-22, 12:06 PM   #976
Conz
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowjose View Post
I have two questions about as thinks seeming like bugs:
1. Half-sunked ships BEFORE horizon:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/48110...2124930445086/
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=246042
2. Unlimited deck gun ammo. If i am taking control of deck guns thers is always 80 shells, but my team was shooting at airplane like 15 minutes before, same thing with with all external guns/shells.

I am playing on european version, patched to 1.2.0 with TWoS v2.2.24

The ships in SH5 are legendary for managing to stay afloat after getting torpedo'd. Especially destroyers which are hunting you have a knack for being able to chase you while almost a submarine themselves.
At a distance you also have the curvature of the earth effect which makes ships appear partially submerged. Earth is round despite what some people might think
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 04:54 PM   #977
Streitwolf
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Black rectangle covering screen

Everything else works fine, but theres a black window covering up a good part of the entire screen-

It only appears when attempting to play career or missions, its not there during the main menu or post game stats. The cursor and some other windows are shown over it, but i cant move or close it.

So far ive tried changing resolution, win7 compatibility mode, multiple restarts and disabled all JSGME mods, that didnt solve it though. Im using steam version, TWoS 2.2.24, win10

Anyone know what could be causing it?

Last edited by Streitwolf; 07-21-22 at 05:04 PM.
Streitwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 11:33 AM   #978
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Another funny screenshots
Old 08-17-22, 09:32 AM   #979
MarkoSK98
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTD when loading saves or loading with different UI and CTD on exit

sorry for the long (first) post

Hello there,
I post here in hope of solving this seemingly cursed problem I have for 4/5 days trying to normally play this mod as a form of relaxation after writing my master thesis.
Vanilla game worked fine for those 3 days I played it, but when trying to sink Royal Oak and its friends in "one of the Pmouth" city ports resulted in replicated CTDs, I turned to TWoS. Unfortunately it turned out to be more of a headache than the vanilla game.

All the instructions have been followed to the letter MULTIPLE TIMES and with multiple reinstalls. Game with TWoS starts normally and comes to the main menu no problem. Starting new campaign also works no problem, save and reload upon loading into the bunker, per instructions. Play for some time, scared of all the saving rules, save the game and exit to play the next day (as I usually play later in the day) and the next day the game just wont load the save (CTD), still gets fine to the main menu, still can start a new campaign with no problem, just with no damn ability to continue the previous savegame, cursed to complete the game in one sitting, as it seems.
You might think I saved in undesirable conditions, but no, following all the rules, last save saved 60km range clear of all land and with no contacts reported. I also thought maybe the sea save is seasick, so I finished the first part and got to Kiel on 5th September, ended the patrol and saved in bunker, hoping this will do it, but alas still crash on loadin...
Now the other part of this post's title is related to the time when I GET to load the savegame, that was CTDing couple of tries beforehand, after restoring snapshot and restoring ofev settings a couple of times and dear God knows what else have I done in hope of loading properly.
Now, when this miracle load happens, I am greeted with a plethora of open boxes, from Cap's log, sextant settings, speech recognition and what not and A CHANGE OF UI to either SH3 or SH4 one from the normal one, which actually seems to be OVER the normal SH5 enhanced UI. The game is playable then, but I haven't been able to X all the boxes and some of the UI elements, so kinda unplayable and still crashes when clicking on buttons on the older UI.

screenshot link (sry for small version, tried to attach it here, resized
and ended up to big, and can't load anymore so get a new SS)
----> https://imgur.com/a/pWeSIxq

After exiting that "miracle load" and the game, I also get a message that SH5 has stopped working, basically a CTD one, though I believe not every time, therefore I believe it must be some sort of a curse
To point out I also got SH5 has stopped working messages after saving the game for the first time on patrol and exiting to play the next day.
Pointing out that when a crash occurs, checking the CCleaner shows that a crash report (or something similar) has been made, which is approx. 1.3 GB BIG!
Also, the game is installed to a short path D:\ASH5\ and the draggabbles have been removed, per some instructions here, but no help. DirectX9C cant be installed, as I have newer versions installed.

Version of the game is DVD.

Vanilla plays no problem on that part of saving and loading the games.

I use no other mods, as I've heard that this is the only mod(pack) needed for SH5 and with all the shenanigans I dont feel comfortable modding it myself, even though I've been playing modded games for a decade by now. I have in JGSMe activated only a handful of TWOS addons, but this darn problem happens even if i just activate the aspect ratio fix or nothing at all.

Generic patcher worked and applied with all 9 patches, multiple times.

OFEV also shows all normal and with multiple restores of the default
settings.

Now, I assume that this is (and that anyone replying will say the same) an userside problem, meaning something wrong with my computer. Still, I hope that somehow someway there will be someone that will know how to fix it, specially the different UI on load, that by logic must be connected to OFEV settings change, but which shows no change.

p.s. to the welcoming committee

*fingers crossed*

Last edited by MarkoSK98; 08-17-22 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-17-22, 09:41 AM   #980
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

MarkoSK98!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:06 AM   #981
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

MarkoSK98!
Old 08-20-22, 11:25 AM   #982
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 2
Default Game freeze when using hydrophone in manual mode sometimes.

SH5 1.2 TWOS 2.2.24 twos stock JSGME mod win7 professional.
Occasionally gme CTD when point mouse to hydrophone tying to use the manual mode. Screen zoom into the dial and freeze ,sound still playing. Especially after busy use in other platform such as map or periscope. Teleporting or manually walk to the hydrophone station makes no difference, just need some luck to get the station to work properly.
Bartholomew Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 12:58 PM   #983
Strannik 84
Nub

Downloads: 8
Default Strannik 84

Установлена игра Silent Hunter 5 полностью на русском языке. Версия 1.2.0. Устанавливаю мод The Wolves Of Steel 2.2.24. Игра становится на английском языке. Что делать? Как исправить на русский с модом?
Strannik 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 01:03 PM   #984
Strannik 84
Nub

Default Strannik 84

Пожалуйста подскажите как исправить плиз
Old 08-20-22, 03:00 PM   #985
StasSche
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik 84 View Post
Идешь в папку ...\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0

Открываешь файл GenericPatcher.cfg (тот что размером 1 Кб) с помощью Блокнота

Последняя строчка там будет типа:
LanguagePackInUse=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\LanguagePacks\Eng lish

Вот там последнее слово меняешь с English на Russian

Сохраняешь изменение и закрываешь файл.
StasSche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 05:33 PM   #986
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Welcome aboard...

Strannik 84.!
Old 08-20-22, 05:54 PM   #987
StasSche
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik 84 View Post
Надо изменить файл "GenericPatcher.cfg"

Old 08-20-22, 07:43 PM   #988
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Strannik 84!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 01:49 AM   #989
Strannik 84
Nub

Default Strannik 84

Спасибо большое за информацию
Old 08-21-22, 02:30 PM   #990
StasSche
Swabbie

Default Bug with smoke not rendered at some fixed distance

The smokes (both from the ship engines and fires due to damage) disappear at some distances, when the external camera is used. And in weird way: when you are close to the ships, you can see the smokes, you are getting far away they disappear suddenly, but if you continue to move away they start being rendered again. The "no-render" distance is very narrow actually, no reason for that. So it is definitely a bug. I have all graphical settings on Max, Radeon RX 6600M. The video of the bug "in action":
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auj7waf-njNTtlIK...rLq8F?e=3O7Y0V