Closed Thread

Old 09-21-22, 02:10 PM   #6556
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As long as Russia keeps the border open.
Duma already want stricter laws so that men of certain age can not leave Russia, border for them will close soon.

Update border is closed: Russian airlines ordered to stop selling tickets to Russian men aged 18 to 65 https://www.airlive.net/breaking-rus...aged-18-to-65/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-21-22, 02:39 PM   #6557
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Duma already want stricter laws so that men of certain age can not leave Russia, border for them will close soon.

Update border is closed: Russian airlines ordered to stop selling tickets to Russian men aged 18 to 65 https://www.airlive.net/breaking-rus...aged-18-to-65/
What about the Finnish border-Have they closed it for men between 18 and 65 years old ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-21-22, 03:10 PM   #6558
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What about the Finnish border-Have they closed it for men between 18 and 65 years old ?

Markus
Think this will be soon or already. Also, according to the new law, adopted the day before the mobilization announcement, service evaders can go to prison for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-21-22, 03:31 PM   #6559
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
War in Ukraine: Fact-checking Russian claims that Nato troops are fighting in Ukraine
Quote:
We've looked at the evidence provided for these claims of Nato boots on the ground in Ukraine.
https://www.bbc.com/news/62974506

I seem to recall that there was Special units from UK and USA in Ukraine when the war broke out-But they were moved quickly to Poland.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-21-22, 03:54 PM   #6560
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I have no idea of the terrain, but it cannot be too difficult to cross the Finnish-Russian border without the Russian authorities' consent...? Its a lonely place and its a long border, I mean, and its not the inner-German wall and death strip, or is it?
Old 09-22-22, 05:38 AM   #6561
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I have no idea of the terrain, but it cannot be too difficult to cross the Finnish-Russian border without the Russian authorities' consent...? Its a lonely place and its a long border, I mean, and its not the inner-German wall and death strip, or is it?
Quite bleak over there, especially in winter so it wouldn't surprise me if the Russians laid mines on their side tbh.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-22-22, 05:40 AM   #6562
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia is pushing ahead with plans to mobilise reservists to fight in Ukraine after suffering setbacks there.

More than 1,000 anti-mobilisation protesters are reported to have been arrested in protests on Wednesday.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has not denied media reports that some protesters were given draft papers.

Meanwhile the BBC has spoken to young men fleeing over the border into Georgia - one of the few remaining countries Russians can get to without a visa.

And Ukraine is celebrating a prisoner exchange which saw more than two hundred prisoners of war released by Russia.

They include more than a hundred members of the Azov Battalion, hailed as heroes for mounting resistance at a steelworks in Mariupol.

Five British nationals also freed by Russian backed forces in Ukraine have arrived back in the UK

Old 09-22-22, 05:47 AM   #6563
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia says its prisoners of war are back on home soil
In Moscow, officials are celebrating the return of 55 servicemen who were also freed in last night's prisoner exchange - Russia's largest swap with Kyiv since the start of the war.

"All servicemen have been delivered to the territory of the Russian Federation by military transport aircraft and are in medical institutions of Russia's defence ministry," the Kremlin department said in a statement.

It added that the released prisoners were receiving the "necessary psychological and medical assistance".

The statement did not mention Viktor Medvedchuk, a former Ukrainian MP accused of high treason and of being a Vladimir Putin ally. He was also released in the swap.

Who are the Britons captured in Ukraine?
As we have been reporting, five British men released by Russian-backed forces in a prisoner exchange have arrived back in the UK. They are:

Aiden Aslin, 28, who was sentenced to death after being captured fighting with Ukrainian forces in Mariupol.

Shaun Pinner,48, who was captured and sentenced to death alongside Aslin.

John Harding, in his 50s, who is understood to have been captured defending the Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol.

Andrew Hill, 35, from Plymouth, who was fighting with Ukraine's International Legion.

Dylan Healy, in his early 20s, is from Hungtingdon, Cambridgeshire. He had been volunteering in Ukraine as an aid worker when he was captured at a checkpoint in April, alongside Paul Urey, who died in July while being held by Russian-backed separatists.

Old 09-22-22, 06:04 AM   #6564
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-22-22, 06:22 AM   #6565
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-22-22, 06:35 AM   #6566
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Estonia will not hide Russians fleeing mobilization - Kallas

Estonia will not grant asylum to Russians who wish to avoid the mobilization announced by Vladimir Putin on September 21.

Estonian Prime Minister Kaya Kallas said this in an interview with CNN, Censor.NET informs.

"We accept Ukrainian refugees. Every citizen is responsible for the actions of his country, and Russian citizens are no exception. Therefore, we do not give asylum to Russian men who flee their country. They should speak out against the war," said Kallas.

Also remind, that on September 21, Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a decree on partial mobilization. According to Putin, only citizens who are in the reserve will be subject to conscription, they will undergo additional training taking into account the war in Ukraine. According to the decree, mobilization begins on September 21.

At the same time, the Russian invaders in the temporarily occupied Luhansk region are taking all the men they can find.

Protests swept through Russia. Detained men are served with summonses.

It is known that men are trying to leave the Russian Federation en masse. In particular, to Finland and Georgia. EU countries - for example, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania - declare that they will not provide shelter to Russian citizens fleeing mobilization. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3368890

Old 09-22-22, 06:37 AM   #6567
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Quite bleak over there, especially in winter so it wouldn't surprise me if the Russians laid mines on their side tbh.
Well, not so bad. The forest is very dense, there are many swamps and lakes. Severe frosts in winter, and mosquitoes will eat you alive in summer. And so it's very beautiful, I regularly hunt and fish in Karelia. There are very few roads, you need to be a well-prepared traveler to cross the border there. There is nothing to mine there, a normal person will not go there.
Old 09-22-22, 06:40 AM   #6568
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Perhaps but I suspect many of those fleeing forced conscription will be desperate as opposed to normal.

Old 09-22-22, 06:43 AM   #6569
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Perhaps but I suspect many of those fleeing forced conscription will be desperate as opposed to normal.
The funny thing is that those who are running are the ones who are not in danger. Ordinary frightened citizens. It is clear that if the Third World War begins, they will be drafted into the army, but I do not think that in Georgia they will escape from the horrors of war.
Old 09-22-22, 07:02 AM   #6570
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Residents of Melitopol are urged to immediately leave territory of occupied city via "Crimea - Georgia" route. VIDEO

The authorities of the temporarily occupied Melitopol call on citizens to leave the territory of the city immediately.

This was announced by Mayor Ivan Fedorov, Censor.NET informs.

The authorities of the temporarily occupied Melitopol call on citizens to leave the territory of the city immediately.

This was announced by Mayor Ivan Fedorov, Censor.NET informs.
"Men under the age of 35 are recommended to immediately leave the occupied territory via the Crimea-Georgia route. Already today, at the enemy checkpoint in Vasylivka, men aged 18 to 35 were not allowed to go to Zaporizhzhia. And this practice will continue," the head of the city emphasized.

According to Fedorov, the goal of the occupiers is to mobilize Ukrainian men as "cannon fodder" for the front.

"In 2014, the occupiers organized a real manhunt in the so-called LPR/DPR. They will do the same in the TOT of the Zaporizhia and Kherson regions. It is necessary now to either try to leave in the direction of Zaporizhia, or choose an alternative route - towards Georgia through a temporary occupied Crimea. There is little time left!" - he concluded. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3368891

Closed Thread