Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-22, 07:58 AM   #3481
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Amen to the age issue. I'm a fan of former Govs, NOT Senators, in principle. IMO, we've had a horrible selection of candidates. Kinda tired of picking the lesser of 2 evils.

Yeah, Legislators are NOT leaders imo, they are Legislators, a completely different type of job requiring a much different skill set.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 09:31 AM   #3482
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

A record-high 50% of Americans rate the overall state of moral values in the U.S. as "poor," and another 37% say it is "only fair." Just 1% think the state of moral values is "excellent" and 12% "good."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393659/...lues-poor.aspx

Meanwhile.....

Nancy Pelosi Appears On RuPaul's Drag Race: "Yourselves In Drag Is What America Is All About"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...all_about.html

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 11:55 AM   #3483
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Now we know why the DNC put Biden on the ballot. He's a defenseless old man easily taken advantage of even by his own crackhead son and will do whatever he's told!

Old 06-16-22, 01:33 PM   #3484
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The Bizzarro World of Democrats

Old 06-16-22, 10:45 PM   #3485
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Meanwhile..

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 11:12 PM   #3486
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Oh thank goodness, I was worried!

Kamala Harris announces launch of White House ‘task force’ to stop online ‘gendered disinformation,’ abuse

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 06-16-22 at 11:44 PM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 08:21 AM   #3487
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Oh thank goodness, I was worried!

Kamala Harris announces launch of White House ‘task force’ to stop online ‘gendered disinformation,’ abuse
That's one way to exacerbate an issue, put Her in charge of it.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 01:00 PM   #3488
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Meanwhile..

Meanwhile what? It's almost a three hour video how about a summary. If someone did something against the law then let justice be swift and served not politicized and dragged out to the point of absurdity. I got through about 3 minutes and thought it should be filed with flat earth, Atlantis and alien conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-17-22 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-17-22, 03:43 PM   #3489
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Meanwhile what? It's almost a three hour video how about a summary. If someone did something against the law then let justice be swift and served not politicized and dragged out to the point of absurdity. I got through about 3 minutes and thought it should be filed with flat earth, Atlantis and alien conspiracy theories.
Obviously, there was nothing to see here, and just as obviously, nothing to be worried about. Just an OG Conservative with sour grapes.

Old 06-17-22, 04:10 PM   #3490
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Obviously you couldn't make past the 3 minute mark either. Thanks for stopping though.

Old 06-17-22, 04:52 PM   #3491
ET2SN
ET2/SS

You're right, I should post something easier to digest.

Old 06-17-22, 05:11 PM   #3492
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Does it exist a party called Republican Demokrats
A Party who has taken the best from both parties ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 06:27 PM   #3493
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Does it exist a party called Republican Demokrats
A Party who has taken the best from both parties ?

Markus
Personally I think there are plenty of people in this country that have a mind of their own. We have a current president that said at the outset nothing will fundamentally change if he gets elected, his crackhead son who takes advantage of his elderly father, rising inflation, rising unemployment, lay-offs, low wages if you’re lucky enough to have a job, rising uncertainty, the fact we are in a recession, and a market ready to collapse which of course will be followed with bail-outs for them as us peons suffer through it. And the only thing presented by one party this election season seems to be: “ya but what about Trump”? It gets old and I think, god I hope, a lot of people see through it.

I think some here have already discussed who they would like to see as a candidate, nobody except butt-hurt democrats mention Trump. Wait I take that back, though none don’t seem to here, there are many butt-hurt conservatives who thought Trump was railroaded by Democrats just like many butt-hurt Democrats thought Sanders got railroaded by Democrats.

Anyone still stupid enough here waiting for all the promised low hanging fruit, Michael Cohen, and Adam Schiff to give their evidence they claimed to have from the last two kangaroo courts, any day now right? Here we are again with another special committee and subpoenas galore and after a year and half of pissing away my tax dollar absolutely nothing but memes, bombast, kubuki theatre, heresay, and clickbait. If there was any wrong doing then like I said let justice be swift and served up. Instead justice gets politicized turned into a show for political and personal gain, justice is a joke just an excuse for another political boondoggle.

IMO it’s just another conspiracy theory in keeping with the highest traditions of aliens, Sasquatch and flat earthers.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-18-22 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-18-22, 08:09 AM   #3494
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I figure there’s got to be a glimmer of hope if someone from across the pond can see the Kabuki theatre too.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-18-22 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-18-22, 03:50 PM   #3495
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Comment by the Neue Zürcher Zeitung. My view as well.

-------------

Trump has put the life of his own vice president at risk. If he gets away with it, American democracy is in jeopardy.

Hearings on storming the Capitol show: Donald Trump gambled with Mike Pence's life to stay in power by force.

Did Donald Trump commit a crime on Jan. 6, 2021, when hundreds of his supporters stormed the Capitol in Washington? For nearly a year, a nine-member House committee has been investigating that question. It has interviewed more than 1,000 witnesses and collected 140,000 documents. It is currently presenting its key findings to Americans in several public hearings. The third hearing on Thursday focused on what was probably the decisive episode: how the American president put his Vice President Mike Pence under massive pressure for days to either prevent the certification of his election defeat in Congress on January 6 or even make him the winner himself.

For Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the investigative commission, Trump clearly committed a crime: "What the president demanded of his vice president was not only wrong. It was illegal and unconstitutional." The reconstruction of events at the time seems to support this assessment. Pence, his staff and also legal advisers in the White House told Trump as early as December 2020 that the vice president of the United States had no legal authority to reject the election results of individual constituent states. But the president would not hear of it.

Trump trusted the theory of a single law professor until the very end: John Eastman. The constitutional lawyer claimed that the vice president had the power to either reject for review or even annul "disputed election results" from individual constituent states. Trump reiterated this theory in the Jan. 6 speech to his supporters in Washington, saying, "If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win. All he has to do is reject the results back to the states for a new certification, and I'll be president and you'll be the happiest people."

Apparently, however, Eastman himself did not believe in his theory. Two days before the storming of the Capitol, Eastman admitted in Trump's presence that such a move would be against the law, Greg Jacob, the then-vice president's legal adviser, testified before the investigative commission Thursday. For Pence himself, the illegality was instinctively clear, Jacob said. "It would never have occurred to the founding fathers of the United States, who abhorred the concentration of power and had shaken off British tyranny, to give one person decisive influence over the outcome of an election."

Jacob had repeated discussions with Eastman in the two days before the storming of the Capitol. In the process, he said, Eastman also admitted that the Supreme Court would shoot down his theory by a 9-0 vote if it had to address it. Jacob also reminded Eastman of the 2000 presidential election, when Democratic Vice President Al Gore lost to George W. Bush on the basis of an extremely controversial election result in Florida. "Should Gore have had the authority to declare himself president at that time?" asked Jacob. "Of course not," Eastman reportedly replied.

Eric Herschmann, a lawyer in Trump's White House, also warned Eastman against violence. The millions of voters who had voted for Biden would not stand for the action he advised: "You're going to cause riots in the streets with this."
"The Proud Boys Would Have Killed Pence"

Still, Eastman and Trump did not let go of their idea. On the morning of Jan. 6, the furious president called his vice president a "weakling" and a "pussy" in a phone call, according to ear witnesses. After his supporters had already advanced to the Capitol, Trump added fuel to the fire with a tweet: "Pence didn't have the guts to do what he should have."

The vice president thus became the central target of the violence-prone mob. "Pence betrayed us," "Hang Mike Pence," or "Pence, we're coming for you," Trump supporters chanted. When the vice president fled to a safe room in the basement of the Capitol, individual rioters were only 13 meters away from him. Among the attackers were members of the militant Proud Boys. One informant told the FBI, "The Proud Boys would have killed Pence if they had the opportunity."

Further hearings are still scheduled for next week, and the investigations by the commission of inquiry will continue thereafter. But it already seems clear that Trump bears a great deal of responsibility for the violence on January 6, 2021, which cannot go unpunished in a democratic constitutional state. Hundreds of Capitol strikers have already been arrested, charged and in some cases sentenced to prison. For justice to be served, the instigator of this movement would also have to be held accountable.

However, it would fall to Attorney General Merrick Garland to initiate criminal proceedings against Trump. Because the Republicans refused to politically condemn their president in impeachment proceedings a year and a half ago, however, Garland has only a choice between two evils: If he allows the former president to go on trial, this could lead to major political upheavals and possibly new violence. If he refrains from doing so, the foundations of the American constitutional state would be shaken.

The first evil seems to be the lesser one. Had Pence obeyed his president, it would have amounted to "a revolution in the context of a constitutional crisis," former federal judge Michael Luttig told the investigative commission Thursday. The conservative judge was once appointed by George W. Bush and even considered a Supreme Court nominee. Because Trump has remained recalcitrant to this day, Luttig believes similar scenarios to 2020 could repeat themselves in the 2024 presidential election. "Donald Trump, his allies and his supporters are a clear and present danger to American democracy."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Trump must be sentenced and punished. If Americans let this coup attempt go through, America has already buried its democratic system and the idea that the founding fathers once had build upon. Everything America claims to stand for, would only be a lie if Trump stays unharmed. He must face the punishement for his crime.