SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-21, 02:17 PM   #2026
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

"Ambassadors weren't beaten to death by angry mobs in Benghazi when Trump was President..."

Makes one wonder
How would Trump have reacted if it had happened during his term in the White House ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 02:24 PM   #2027
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Politics became a 'sport' to so many in this nation decades ago. It's all 'rah rah my team this' and 'our candidate rules and yours drools that' in a sad spectacle of sophomoric displays that care more about party than nation. The Republicans have taken it to the extreme, having given up all precedence of forming a worthwhile platform to serve their constituents (as has become terribly obvious during this pandemic). That's not to say that Democrats, individually, are good public servants, one and all ... but, as a party, their progressive ideology obviously centers on the working class and general well-being of the nation. Where Republicans are reflecting that the party is merely a political extension of a wealthy and powerful white ruling class that feels threatened by anything that might balance the scales of justice, equality or social fairness. White Christian male supremacy is their brand of preferred culture and fear their driving force.

Was it always this way? Of course not. Any student of history can see the shift that began in the twentieth century. Even in Eisenhower's time in office moderate Republicans were struggling to reign in extremism that had infested their party. Now, however, an actual Republican 'public servant' is hard to find. The 'what-aboutism' mindset of the GOP is quicker to look for fault in their Democratic, Liberal colleagues than to address their own glaring faults. That has become their apparent sole function in office and is a shame.

Being brought up in the sixties and having served during the Cold War, I never thought I'd see Republican politics devolve to:

But Trump era politics easily ushered it in, revealing the twisted nature of its peculiar base's psychology.

I don't want to hear false 'Americanism' from people like that.
Old 08-20-21, 02:29 PM   #2028
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
No bodies falling from airplanes or flapping in the breeze at 30,000 ft stuck in gear doors when Trump was President...

After attacks on the US Embassy, Soleimani got turned into a fine red mist when Trump was President...

Ambassadors weren't beaten to death by angry mobs in Benghazi when Trump was President...

North Korea's Dear Leader agreed to show up to a diplomatic table with the US when Trump was President...

US Navy personnel didn't cower after being taken hostage by Iranians when Trump was President...

Gasoline was less than $2/gallon when Trump was President...

Hordes of illegal aliens weren't swarming over the Mexican border when Trump was President...

But hey, no mean tweets anymore from a President...
None of which (even the exaggerated part), except for the tweets, had anything to do with the actions of Trump, while 'in office.'*

*(Mar-a-lago, Trump property golf courses, on a pee pee bed.)
Old 08-20-21, 02:42 PM   #2029
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
"Ambassadors weren't beaten to death by angry mobs in Benghazi when Trump was President..."

Makes one wonder
How would Trump have reacted if it had happened during his term in the White House ?

Markus
It never would have happened under his watch - rogue states took pause over concerns as to what Trump might have done, if for no other reason than he was not an entrenched politician who played international affairs the way that they expected. Iran saw what happened to Soleimani. Kim Jong-Un saw that his sabre rattling didn't work. China was *losing* his trade war under covid hit.

Essentially, many in the world were like, "We don't know what this guy might do."
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 02:50 PM   #2030
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Essentially, many in the world were like, "We don't know what this guy might do."
Those many included our long-time trusted allies.
Old 08-20-21, 02:53 PM   #2031
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
None of which (even the exaggerated part), except for the tweets, had anything to do with the actions of Trump, while 'in office.'*

*(Mar-a-lago, Trump property golf courses, on a pee pee bed.)
How unobservant are you? All of the things I listed, I did so for the purpose of illustrating exactly how stable the world actually was when he was in office.

He was brash. He was offensively honest with staffers. He got sh!t done where he could. Imagine how much better we would have been if he didn't have to deal with entrenched political resistance from Obama holdovers, lifer politicians in uniform, RINOs, the media, and communist democrats. Trump's only mistakes were in not firing every holdover he could on day one and in selecting people who turned out to be backstabbers.

We don't need polished, effete elitist political class-types running government. We need people who get things done. We don't need media with a clear bias. We need reporters who investigate, regardless of whether a D or R is after a politician's name. We're don't need career pols. We're need people who get no perks or lifetime benefits to getting re-elected.

As to the piss dossier - it's been thoroughly disproven. Unlike Hunter's multiple lost laptops and pics of him smoking crack and molesting underage girls.

The reason they Hunter laptop was hidden away? Because it is true and damning, and it means the "The Big Guy" is wide open to blackmail from other governments.
Old 08-20-21, 02:55 PM   #2032
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Those many included our long-time trusted allies.
Yeah, and? Even our "allies" are suspect.
Old 08-20-21, 02:57 PM   #2033
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Yeah, and? Even our "allies" are suspect.
Said like a fine Putin-puppet.
Old 08-20-21, 02:59 PM   #2034
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
How unobservant are you? All of the things I listed, I did so for the purpose of illustrating exactly how stable the world actually was when he was in office.
Wasn't there a civil war in Syria during his term and didn't Russia bomb in Syria as they feel fit.

Wasn't there a massive riots in US cities

Could remember wrong though.

Markus

Old 08-20-21, 03:02 PM   #2035
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Wasn't there a civil war in Syria during his term and didn't Russia bomb in Syria as they feel fit.

Markus
Well, those would be 'inconvenient' to admit. After all, he's praising his 'messiah.'
Old 08-20-21, 03:47 PM   #2036
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:

Markus
Sure, but that isn't an area where the US has a significant presence (i. e. conventional troops and significant infrastructure). We have no idea what things SOF did in those regions to prevent worse things happening. Doesn't mean we should be there to begin with, but that's a different argument.

As to riots - I have no earthly idea why antifa thugs and other rioters weren't arrested in many cases. Why those that were arrested weren't always charged. And why those charged got slaps on the wrists. Even when they already had open warrants for prior criminal acts. I can only note that they were in areas where the municipality is run by Democrats and where the district or state attorneys are Democrats.

I also have no idea why federal law enforcement wasn't allowed to respond when it was on federal property.

It's almost like. Wait for it... That is was an organized effort to make the Trump admin look bad. You don't hear about widespread riots in area where the populace or the local sheriff aren't afraid to dig a hole to dump rioters' bodies...

If I were there police commissioner in Minny or Portland or Seattle, I'd not have forced the police to do nothing. They have been ordered to not use tear gas, tasers, nightsticks, etc. on a group of people paid to wreak havoc.

Unfortunately, no politician wants to be the guy who ordered another Kent State, but the sad fact is that we need leftist antifa rioters to be killed. Most of them are entitled upper middle class white kids who haven't been required to support themselves. These aren't people who have any legitimate grievances. Kill a half dozen of the worst in the midst of a riot, arrest the rest of them, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. The prospect of decades in prison getting cornholed and beaten would likely motivate some of them to turn in their controllers - follow them on up and destroy the organized opposition PACs - all roads lead to ActBlue, Soros, etc.

The US *is* that far gone that we need a complete reset back to 1950s values of citizenship, sense of personal responsibility, public decency, and a sense of shame for shameless acts, in the face of 40+ years of Marxist infiltration of government, industry, and academia.
Old 08-20-21, 03:50 PM   #2037
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Well, those would be 'inconvenient' to admit. After all, he's praising his 'messiah.'
Messiah? Hardly. Just a guy that didn't suck as much as the guy before him or after him.
Old 08-20-21, 03:51 PM   #2038
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Messiah? Hardly. Just a guy that didn't suck as much as the guy before him or after him.
Except for Putin's pud.
Old 08-20-21, 03:58 PM   #2039
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Sure, but that isn't an area where the US has a significant presence (i. e. conventional troops and significant infrastructure). We have no idea what things SOF did in those regions to prevent worse things happening. Doesn't mean we should be there to begin with, but that's a different argument.

As to riots - I have no earthly idea why antifa thugs and other rioters weren't arrested in many cases. Why those that were arrested weren't always charged. And why those charged got slaps on the wrists. Even when they already had open warrants for prior criminal acts. I can only note that they were in areas where the municipality is run by Democrats and where the district or state attorneys are Democrats.

I also have no idea why federal law enforcement wasn't allowed to respond when it was on federal property.

It's almost like. Wait for it... That is was an organized effort to make the Trump admin look bad. You don't hear about widespread riots in area where the populace or the local sheriff aren't afraid to dig a hole to dump rioters' bodies...

If I were there police commissioner in Minny or Portland or Seattle, I'd not have forced the police to do nothing. They have been ordered to not use tear gas, tasers, nightsticks, etc. on a group of people paid to wreak havoc.

Unfortunately, no politician wants to be the guy who ordered another Kent State, but the sad fact is that we need leftist antifa rioters to be killed. Most of them are entitled upper middle class white kids who haven't been required to support themselves. These aren't people who have any legitimate grievances. Kill a half dozen of the worst in the midst of a riot, arrest the rest of them, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

The US *is* that far gone that we need a complete reset back to 1950s values of citizenship, sense of personal responsibility, public decency, and a sense of shame for shameless acts, in the face of 40+ years of Marxist infiltration of government, industry, and academia.
Just gonna leave some reality here:

Old 08-20-21, 04:02 PM   #2040
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you 3catcircus for your reply. Why I replied to one of your comment was this sentence
"how stable the world actually was"

And the world was more than stable during Trumps term in the White House.

Then we can discuss if the world was more stable than unstable under his term versus stable/unstable under Obama.

Markus