SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-14, 03:47 PM   #1
nimmerzz
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default We need more!

Ive been really into this game since I bought it. Even though I am an avid PC gamer, it has been really hard for me to like IOS games. But this one I cant stop playing.

I am on 35 out 0f 45 mission and getting sad that im almost done with it. I know we can do random missions but I really like the progression aspect of the game. trying to keep ships alive that have accumulated experience is fun.

Just curious if there are any plans for more content? I'd pay a few bucks for more missions.

Also, i'd gladly pay again for a PC version of this. I think the power of the PC could really make for a nice sim level Naval game. I have always hoped that a newer Destroyer Command type game would be made.
nimmerzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-14, 05:23 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard

nimmerzz!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-14, 05:42 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome “nimmerzz“ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH5 post:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-14, 08:13 PM   #4
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Welcome to Subsim Nimmerzz!

We've been hearing that a lot. The good news is that we're working on a whole new game with all new ships and a much, much longer (and dynamic) campaign.

In several weeks we'll be announcing it, posting screenshots and talking about what to expect in our next game.
This next game will be much more feature-rich and not based on the simple 7 ships per navy theme, making it an excellent candidate to release on PC as well.
Old 05-24-14, 06:50 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-14, 12:25 PM   #6
nimmerzz
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

Well, thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

And WOW!!! All my hopes and dreams for this game coming true??

I would have been happy with more missions. But this is just awesome!! Cant wait!!

A few questions/suggestions for the devs: Have you ever played or aware of Destroyer Command? It was a failed attempt at Tin Can/Sub warfare. The best part of it was you could be either the Destroyer or sub. So either boat was being driven by a real player. It made hunting subs interesting knowing the person above or below was hunting/evading you. I dont think this level would be compatible with IOS. But a full blown PC game would be long overdue.
I have waited years for a true WW2 naval simulator. Where all ships were driven by actual people. I know it's easier to talk about than implement. But i'm hoping that someday someone will be able to bring us this game.

A couple of suggestions: Have the type of ships you're going up against be a little bit of a mystery until you actually launch the mission. Maybe only give the amount of ships and maybe rough estimate at type. It's too easy to counter with exactly what you would like. Where as being caught with the wrong ships could force you to disengage. Also maybe have a renown penalty for losing/scuttling? I found it dishonorably easy to just scuttle and restart to get a more advantageous position when using my subs. Yes I am disappointed in myself for doing so. Disengaging would be the only way out without losing renown.

Also, have an option where who gets first shot could be random. Far too easy to win when you can wreck their whole fleet on your opening salvos. Perhaps also have it where the layout of the ships determines who shoots. Maybe not all three of your ships go first. Perhaps proximity decides which ships shoot. Versus all three US first/ then the three Japanese.

Please don't take my critiques as bad. I couldn't make this game in 100 years. I have a lot of respect for what you have already created and look forward to the next iteration. Overall if you decide to put out another one just like this, count on at least another purchase from me!
nimmerzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-14, 10:55 PM   #7
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Yes, know Destroyer Command well
When you say you've been waiting for a true WWII simulator with real people at the helms:
- Silent Hunter Online
- World of Warships
- Steel Waves
- Navy Field I & II
There's quite a few offerings out there and while not "true" (read realistic) naval sims we've not sure we want to tackle that space just yet. Maybe one day?

What's coming in the sequel:
- Types of ships you're going up against will not always be certain and you won't be able to draw from all your ships for every engagement; since they can't be everywhere all the time.
- The penalty for losing ships will be much more severe... much more.
- Player will not always fire first.

Great feedback and it really reinforces what we've been hearing from players. You want more realistic scenarios and overall feel to the game without "game mechanic" elements such as the magical disengage ship evaporation and player always first.

We hope to announce the sequel in the next several weeks and no doubt it will generate a huge amount of discussion about features, ideas and more stuff you'd like to see included.