SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-22, 10:00 AM   #1
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Do empty destroyers ever give up?

To set the scene: it's October 1944. Sank a few ships about 150 miles SW of Land's End, and then a roving destroyer showed up. Despite his best efforts, he didn't get me (although he did cause considerable damage) and now he's out of depth charges. He ran out about 6 in-game hours ago, and now he's just constantly doing "dry runs" over my head, circling around, rinse and repeat.

I've got enough battery left to keep going for ages yet...frankly, my problem right now is that I'm bored! ha. Don't trust my hull integrity to go much deeper than the 100m I'm currently at, and besides, the Channel where I am is pretty shallow anyway. So - will he *ever* get bored? If he was protecting a convoy he'd have f**ked off ages ago, but he isn't. If he called in his mates to finish me off, fair play. As it is, I'm crawling along at 2kts, waiting - hoping? Praying? - that he decides he's missing his wife, or mistress, or whatever. Oh, and I'm out of torpedoes so can't force the issue that way. Will he ever *ever* get bored? Somebody please say yes. Right now it feels like I'll eventually have to surface and "surrender", and historically accurate as that may be, it's something I was hoping to avoid. It had been quite a good patrol till now 🤣
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote