SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-10, 10:59 AM   #916
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I like to have my screen as empty as possible but finally decided to install the mod, due to the incontrovertible features it now exposes. No dials oc.
The corner bars are keeping discreet, but the officer bar is a pain in my eye when I don't plan to use it. Would there be, or is there yet, a way to hide it when not needed ?
Old 04-23-10, 11:13 AM   #917
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
I like to have my screen as empty as possible but finally decided to install the mod, due to the incontrovertible features it now exposes. No dials oc.
The corner bars are keeping discreet, but the officer bar is a pain in my eye when I don't plan to use it. Would there be, or is there yet, a way to hide it when not needed ?
A Toggle View button for Officer Icons bar. Nice feature request.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 12:41 PM   #918
mcaa666
Mate

Downloads: 24

I've been playing for 6 hours now using the latest version and i love it...thnx for all the effort you've put in...you rock!!!
I was wondering; would it be possible to re-maximize the message box when running on a certain time compression value. I like the fact that I can remove the message box when playing at tc x 1 but I often run on tc x 512 to speed things up and I often forget to maximize the message box. So I keep missing important radio messages. Maybe have the message box maximize when reaching tc x 256/512. Just like the clock pops up when reaching tc x 2036...
Hope it's possible...
mcaa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 12:51 PM   #919
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
I wonder if invisible hotspots could be used? Then the ui elements like the orders bar could be invisible in their normal state and appear when the user moves his mouse into the area of the hotspot.
Old 04-23-10, 01:46 PM   #920
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
A Toggle View button for Officer Icons bar. Nice feature request.

Great ideas you all. I can implement most of them. I'll start working on them now.

I especially like the toggle officer icons bar. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 02:13 PM   #921
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
You can see the icons at the side here. They slide in from the side on mouse over, Of course the location shown may be inappropriate due to the positioning of the tdc etc, they could perhaps be located elsewhere.
ah yes, the quick click features on the left hand side. How could one forget those? Seeing that there is a teleport order bar that can be made visible by key press and soon to be icon click I don't see adding this slide out.
Old 04-23-10, 02:16 PM   #922
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Chit... I don't even get a chance to try out one version before finding out that you've already posted a new one.... I'm going to alternate between new versions now....

OK, I'm setting up 1.8 version now to my likings and do intend giving it a try.... don't post anything new until I've done so...
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 02:22 PM   #923
rededge
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
no patch is stopping my work. I'll see what changed after the patch and adjust as necessary
He wasn't wrong!

It's a job keeping up lately
Old 04-23-10, 02:33 PM   #924
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Future ideas:

UI ideas:
  • Default Tool Helper to ON - Implemented via option
  • Slide out speedchart/map/flag ID chart ala GWX - Looking into
  • Additional Mapping Tools (Draggable compass, plotting tool, etc) - what map tools do we have? I thought we had these already? If not, show me screenshots of what you're looking for
  • WhizzWheel (AOB wheel, is-was) - is it a program? If so, where can I find it?
  • High rez 1500-3000m bearing overlay - Didn't someone make an overlay already?
  • SlideIn/SlideOut option buttons at the top (hover next to TC area and the toggle switches appear, basically able to hide all the yellow boxes up there.) - Sorry, not going to happen. I like the look of the toggle switches and thus they stay (as I'm designer I have final say )
Game Improvement Ideas:
  • Figure out how to get the bearing overlay to appear at greater than last 2 zoom levels - will look into...EDIT: hard coded, can't be changed.
  • Timestamps on contacts displayed on the map - great idea....should be easy to implement....Implemented!
  • List deck gun ammo on torpedo weapon page (plug-n-play so works with other damage screens would be great) - haven't figured out how to read sub equipment or stores yet
  • Combine a teleport to the control room with a crash dive command. - closest I can do is teleport to Radar on crash dive command. If you are surfaced and request teleport to Bridge it will take you to the topside bridge. I haven't figured out how to force it to take you to control room bridge yet. I'll make this an option also. Option added and implemented with teleport to Radar Station. You teleport and then 2 seconds later the crash dive command is given (to mimmick crew leaving topside and getting down the ladder). Time can be extended.
Integration with other UI mod ideas:
  • Integrate flag mod with on/off toggle - I might have figured out how to control objects via script code. Still working on it.
  • Integrate MRP 1.2+OPCF from Arclight - should be possible. I haven't looked over any AI code though. I'm afraid that if I do I'll run with it.
See above in yellow.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-24-10 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-23-10, 03:03 PM   #925
mcaa666
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaa666 View Post
I've been playing for 6 hours now using the latest version and i love it...thnx for all the effort you've put in...you rock!!!
I was wondering; would it be possible to re-maximize the message box when running on a certain time compression value. I like the fact that I can remove the message box when playing at tc x 1 but I often run on tc x 512 to speed things up and I often forget to maximize the message box. So I keep missing important radio messages. Maybe have the message box maximize when reaching tc x 256/512. Just like the clock pops up when reaching tc x 2036...
Hope it's possible...
Sorry for being in-patient but what do you think TDW? Would something like this be possible?
Old 04-23-10, 03:10 PM   #926
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hope it's possible...
Quote:
Sorry for being in-patient but what do you think TDW? Would something like this be possible?
Anything is possible when you can script!

let's define the logic for this:

at x TC setting if messagebox is not visible:
make visible
expand

now what should the x be?
Old 04-23-10, 03:26 PM   #927
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

These screenshots are from MaGui 3.1 for SH3.

The two drag able tools marked on this image would be really helpful:

Basically the slideout tools from these would be helpful as well. There are other versions of these as well. Hitman has some nice ones in his SH3 mod, and I've seen examples with English instructions on them before, but can't find them now heh

Here's the AoB wheel:

I totally forget what this one is for, but it's helpful too!

Here's a current comparison of the available bearing tools:

Gisement is the highest rez and easiest to see, but only 1000m (which due to the limit of 2x zoom isn't bad). Guf's is too small really to use and without enough detail. The GWX one is nice, but can't be seen in it's entirety and is really fuzzy/light and hard to read. Not really needed, just thought it would round out the ultimate UI mod.

Also, if you figure out how to get map contact time stamps and a single-button-from-bridge crash drive solution, people will have your babies!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 03:34 PM   #928
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Also, if you figure out how to get map contact time stamps and a single-button-from-bridge crash drive solution, people will have your babies!
single button crash dive from bridge works BEAUTIFULLY!! You teleport to Radar and then after the time expires the crash dive command is given I've included an optional time part of it in the options file so you can delay from when you teleport to when the crash dive command is given
Old 04-23-10, 03:38 PM   #929
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
single button crash dive from bridge works BEAUTIFULLY!!
Great, now we just need to tie it into using this and all will be perfect!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 03:38 PM   #930
mcaa666
Mate

Quote:
Anything is possible when you can script!

let's define the logic for this:

at x TC setting if messagebox is not visible:
make visible
expand

now what should the x be?
Well, speaking for me personally; I do the most of my long distance travels mostly @ TC x 512 (or higher). So I think that would be a good value. Also allows for quick patrolling @ TC x 256 over short distances without the message box on screen for better visibility...
So 512 to start with I guess and we'll see from there

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui