SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-09, 05:02 PM   #766
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Town crier darts out, updates the execution board:

A Very Super Market : Aramike
mookiemookie : Aramike
Penelope_Grey : Aramike
Aramike : Super Market
Jimbuna :
Nisgeis :
Weiß Pinguin :

Two hours to vote! Two hours-to-vote....
Old 02-14-09, 05:08 PM   #767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Town crier darts out, updates the execution board:

A Very Super Market : Aramike
mookiemookie : Aramike
Penelope_Grey : Aramike
Aramike : Super Market
Jimbuna :
Nisgeis :
Weiß Pinguin :

Two hours to vote! Two hours-to-vote....
I thought lynching votes had to be in by 23:00 GMT?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-14-09, 05:13 PM   #768
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yeah, you're right. I am thinking of the time I usually count them up, midnight GMT
CST
8am to 6pm Day begins, discussion for 10 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 5pm

6pm to 8pm lynch vote counted, execution carried out

8pm to 8am Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions

GMT
2pm to midnight Day begins, discussion for 10 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm

midnight to 2am lynch vote counted, execution carried out

2am to 2pm Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions
Old 02-14-09, 05:14 PM   #769
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
'Nisgeis is hesitant/slow as always'.
This is like this game of chess, except you don't know what the pieces are, where they are or how they move, there's also no board and you're wearing boxing gloves. And it's pitch black. And you're dead.

Each time I try and think something through logically, there's always the possibility that such and such is a bluff and it could mean the exact opposite. I've been going over my notes and my spreadsheet of who voted for whom, but all I've got is plenty of reasons to suspect people, but not many to trust anyone.
Old 02-14-09, 05:19 PM   #770
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It depends entirely who you are wanting to trust in doesn't it Seaman?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-14-09, 05:36 PM   #771
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna stands up and the others are startled at his sudden movement.

"I am going outside to clear my head and have a rollie. When I return I will make decision"

As he exited the Inn he let out a rapturous fart that even a water buffalo would have been proud to claim ownership of.

Old 02-14-09, 05:52 PM   #772
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

From the watch tower, Super Market sees a squirrely little man, running as fast he can (Not very) from the inn. A werewolf running from the lynchers? Eh, forget him. The kaleun comes out next, and a ripple of gas knocks our intrepid spyer off his feet. Dazed, he pulls himself off the watch tower floor, and continues to watch over the town...

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
Old 02-14-09, 05:57 PM   #773
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
From the watch tower, Super Market sees a squirrely little man, running as fast he can (Not very) from the inn. A werewolf running from the lynchers? Eh, forget him. The kaleun comes out next, and a ripple of gas knocks our intrepid spyer off his feet. Dazed, he pulls himself off the watch tower floor, and continues to watch over the town...
Jimbuna enters the Inn and looks at those arrayed before him. He can sense their urgency in wanting to know his decision.

"This is the first time I have been in a position where I feel I have been left no choice other than to vote for one of my crew. This has not been an easy decision to come to, but in the absence of votes from two of my crew it is obvious which way the vote is now weighted....so, with a heavy heart I vote for Aramike.

May God have mercy on me if I am wrong"

Old 02-14-09, 06:04 PM   #774
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

OK, so Penelope Grey has shown me some documentation that supports her not being a beast, whether it is forged or not, I do not know, but it seems not. She has told me that if I do not vote for Aramike, then I will be shot the next day, presumably by the gang of three she has influence over that lives outside the U-13. The last gang of three from the camp had a beast in it, did it not? I can't allow my vote to be swayed in such a manner. I must vote intelligently, not based on someone else's views (without proof) and with a gun held to my head to boot.

Still, I think Aramike is a logical vote, if Penelope Grey knows something that I don't. There is an equal chance of me being right voting for either group.
Old 02-14-09, 06:06 PM   #775
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

God, not a good time for your browser to stop responding, whilst trying to vote.
Old 02-14-09, 06:08 PM   #776
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
God, not a good time for your browser to stop responding, whilst trying to vote.
I make it your vote was 4 minutes over time....not that it mattered in this instance, but it could well have

Old 02-14-09, 06:10 PM   #777
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Once Aramike is revealed as the sneering mobile flea market he is... you will all thank me and beg me for free booze.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-14-09, 06:24 PM   #778
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

((I may be out of pocket for a lot of tonight as I'm cooking my sweetie dinner))

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 02-14-09, 07:00 PM   #779
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

The Terrible Stain

Feb. 14, 1945 18:00

The sun was setting on a familiar scene. A man lashed to a post, facing his accusers in defiance. The firing squad of Market, mookie, , Nisgeis, Pinguin—even Penelope had been forced to participate.

Jimbuna stared hard into the face of his crewman. “Seaman Aramike, I remember when the Tommies had us pinned under wasserbomb attack off the coast of North Carolina. The main induction was jarred loose and we were taking on tons of sea water. You volunteered to crawl into the space where barely a man could fit, and repair the breech. You save U-13, you saved her crew, and you saved me. You served the Reich with honor and dignity. I will always remember you as that man. Not as the beast who killed without reason or mercy.”

Aramike was breathing heavily. He did not have the look of a demon, or even a guilty man. “Herr Keluen, you know me, you know I could never do anything remotely like the crimes they have accused me of,” he said, thrusting his head toward Mookie and Penelope. “I’ve been on the boot, working diligently. I have been watched by my officers, none would suspect me as a werewolf.”

Jimbuna hung his head. “I know, mein sohn. Believe me, I do not have any choice in the matter. If there is any consolation to be found in this abdominal duty thrust upon me, you will not suffer, and it will be quick.”

“Herr Keluen…”

Jimbuna walked back to the firing line. “Can’t…” He turned to Mookie. “There must be some other way, Postmaster.”

“I’m sorry, but there is no other way. You know this.”

Jimbuna looked at the horizon. “Very well. Commence.”

The executioners aimed their rifles and fired. The man at the post jerked once, twice, then sagged down.

Jimbuna turned and looked the motionless, slumping form. He turned to the others. “Give me the other gun, the one with the special bullets.”

At this, a horrible roar shook the group. Aramike shuddered and strained against the thick leather cords and steel lanyards, kicking up clouds of dust. The post swayed violently as he jolted against it. Jimbuna took deliberate aim and fired into the heart of the hellish creature that once was his loyal crewman. The creature threw its hairy head back and howled.

Jimbuna fired again, delivering the killing shot. The creature was dead.

NIGHT begins

Old 02-14-09, 07:09 PM   #780
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Hey, I accused him too! And how did the U-boot survive a patrol with him anyways?
*Ahem

The shots rang out, and all was quiet after that. The sun, eager for more destruction silently climbed down it's pedestal and replaced himself with the unchanging moon. Why was it still full!? He would have like to stay in the tower. Even bring his mark up with him. But it felt wrong. It would almost be cheating.

If dead tomorrow, he would know he was doing his duty, and had payed his respects to the Neal above. The laddered peeked out from the top of the tower, and made it's way to the ground. Then the rungs creaked and strained as the man laden with countless equipment started off through the ever-treacherous night.

A knock on the door, and he was let inside. Perhaps the hellhounds are gone...

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
Closed Thread