SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-08, 10:37 PM   #1
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Driveable Sub options.

Does anyone know if the 637 class Subs are driveable. I do not seem to have this option in the mission editor. Do I have to open some file or something? I have SCX loaded properly. Thanks, Joe Shapona MM1/SS/Ret.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 11:00 PM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

To get a driveable sub, someone has had to have made the mod for it. You download it, and use the sub changer that comes with SCX to insert the sub in place of another driveable. The only driveable addons I've see so far are the Delta IV, Oscar II, Ohio, and Ben Franklin subs.
Old 06-12-08, 11:22 PM   #3
Frame57
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight
To get a driveable sub, someone has had to have made the mod for it. You download it, and use the sub changer that comes with SCX to insert the sub in place of another driveable. The only driveable addons I've see so far are the Delta IV, Oscar II, Ohio, and Ben Franklin subs.
Okay! Well, maybe one day they will do one for the 637's. thanks for all the help Blacklight.
Old 06-13-08, 06:33 PM   #4
Frame57
Sea Lord

Clive mention the 637's are driveable in SCU. I am going to try it aging this time on my PC. I will see if there is a way to do this after all.
Old 06-13-08, 07:09 PM   #5
Frame57
Sea Lord

Nope! I have tried a dozen ways from sunday and the 637's are not driveable boats. I hate this, all I want is a cold war sub to drive, not another Russian Sub.
Old 06-14-08, 02:14 AM   #6
Ultraboy
Gunner

Downloads: 20

Yes the 637 (Sturgeon) class is driveable using SCU.

You have to run scPlayableSubChanger.exe (the main component of SCU), then simply select Sturgeon_1975 or Sturgeon_1985 from the list and click the "change" button.

Then, and only then, can you select it as a playable for missions, or in the mission editor. (If it's not enabled, the "playable" check-box won't appear.)

And of course, in case anyone doesn't know, SCX/SCU (both required) are available at Bill's site http://www.subguru.com. Go to the downloads section and scroll WAY down to the Sub Command header. I haven't installed this in ages so the only advice I can give is read the installation instructions carefully and follow them. I remember there was one step I always seemed to miss about running one exe or another but just read carefully and it should go fine.

-UB
Ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote