SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-22, 05:57 PM   #4306
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You should be able to do a straight swap for the full "p" mod now, replacing the test version and the last one. The Nippon & Nihon are already updated, so no issues there. We've been attempting something else most of the day today, but I'll get back to setting up for a north to south run of the Heians here in a bit.
roger.

check your inbox.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:41 AM   #4307
Scotch75
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Hey Folks,

I've been away from the game for a while and just today installed the latest version of this excellent mod. Congrats to all developers involved.

Now, for the life of me, I can't get the Free Camera (F12) to work. I have "No external views" and "No event camera" both unchecked in settings. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers!
[emoji1634]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:46 AM   #4308
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The Team thanks you for the comments, of course. We hope you continue to enjoy the mod.

There are two sets of Gameplay Settings in the game. The one on the Main Menu under Options is for the Single Missions, Quick Patrols, etc, and the 2nd is found in the Career mode when you are in the Captain's Office in-port. You click on the wooden radio console that is to the left on top of some cabinets. You can set the Options there differently for each of any career you might do. The sound and video settings are basically "shared" between the modes, but the Gameplay stuff is not.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:57 AM   #4309
Scotch75
Swabbie

Ahhh, many thanks, propbeanie. I knew it would be something simple. I forgot about the 2 different settings.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Old 01-27-22, 05:11 PM   #4310
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Scotch75! nice 4 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 07:21 PM   #4311
Scotch75
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Scotch75! nice 4 year silent run!
[emoji1787] many thanks Altungbby. Time goes so fast these days, even without a button to advance it.. [emoji106][emoji1634]

Old 01-28-22, 11:39 AM   #4312
propbeanie

OK, a little bit of update news for everyone, with two issues identified. First up is an issue identified by Zero Niner in

IJN radar

His sub was equipped with what he assumed was a functioning APR-1 device. In fact, there is no way for it to function correctly, because someone built the links to the device incorrectly ( ) Not naming names, but his initials are propbeanie... Anyway, the issue is now identified, a potential fix implemented, and going into testing of said "fix" here in a bit.

The second issue was found by s7rikeback while researching another player's mod set-up. The problem is a continuation of an issue that was found at least two years ago, and was assumed to be "fixed", because testing showed us it was - but that "fix" was approached from a "specific ship" POV... However, the true issue was mis-identified. The issue is a CTD from looking at seemingly certain specific ships in the RecMan, when in fact it has to do with the UnitType of ships MISSING in the RecMan for certain Countries... apparently, the game ~demands~ that any country with a merchant presence, must also have a warship presence. This now properly identified issue also has a "fix", and we will begin testing this as a potential patch.

These two issues, as well as any others you folks can find will be in a "patch" file in a few days to a week from now. Most players will not encounter a CTD as described in the second issue above, but be aware that looking at the Red Cross Roster, or the Philippine Roster can cause a CTD if you page back and forth in the RecManual. The first issue results in you not being aware that you are being "painted" by radar beams, in spite of having a radar detector. Basically, do NOT spend the money on said device until we fix it...

Old 01-28-22, 01:55 PM   #4313
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK, a little bit of update news for everyone, with two issues identified. First up is an issue identified by Zero Niner in

IJN radar

His sub was equipped with what he assumed was a functioning APR-1 device. In fact, there is no way for it to function correctly, because someone built the links to the device incorrectly ( ) Not naming names, but his initials are propbeanie... Anyway, the issue is now identified, a potential fix implemented, and going into testing of said "fix" here in a bit.

The second issue was found by s7rikeback while researching another player's mod set-up. The problem is a continuation of an issue that was found at least two years ago, and was assumed to be "fixed", because testing showed us it was - but that "fix" was approached from a "specific ship" POV... However, the true issue was mis-identified. The issue is a CTD from looking at seemingly certain specific ships in the RecMan, when in fact it has to do with the UnitType of ships MISSING in the RecMan for certain Countries... apparently, the game ~demands~ that any country with a merchant presence, must also have a warship presence. This now properly identified issue also has a "fix", and we will begin testing this as a potential patch.

These two issues, as well as any others you folks can find will be in a "patch" file in a few days to a week from now. Most players will not encounter a CTD as described in the second issue above, but be aware that looking at the Red Cross Roster, or the Philippine Roster can cause a CTD if you page back and forth in the RecManual. The first issue results in you not being aware that you are being "painted" by radar beams, in spite of having a radar detector. Basically, do NOT spend the money on said device until we fix it...

Just to correct my esteemed friend, it's only the Philippine Roster that will CTD in the RecManual, as the RedCross folder has all it's units as Type13=Auxiliary Ship. (warship)
Old 01-28-22, 03:38 PM   #4314
propbeanie

Ahhhh... so we ~did~ accidentally fix that problem 'correctly' back when then, even it was quite by accident... lol

Edit: The above issue with the APR was partially properly identified, but more issues were found. Patch is in the process of being tested now for all the boats that will carry the device. Do not look for it to be on the S-Class, nor the Cachalot, and you will need to have certain conns (the 03 & 04 versions only) before the device will mount, even late in the war.

Part two of this is the operation of the device in FotRSU. If you have radar on, you will generally NOT see the warning line. With the device off, "air targets" will show a "green" line with Moonlight's mod applied, dark grey without it. This give the general direction of the radar beam source. You could then turn on the SD / ST and get a precise distance / course, and you will usually find that they are beelining for your position. One thing to remember about a radar detector is that not all planes had radar, and therefore, you can still be "surprised" by quite a few of the Japanese Rostered planes if you don't do regular sweeps.

As for the surface radar, the SJ also interferes with the APR. If you turn the SJ off, you will still see the "hit" on a radar target, just like the SJ sweep is still going, but instead of "holding" as it does with the SJ, it fades away much quicker and does not show with each "sweep". Usually speaking, you will not notice the "beam" line, because you are usually in sonar contact with the ship(s) also. In which case, only one sensor at a time will show, and sonar apparently has priority over radar detection. Anyway, give us a few days to test, and we'll turn the patch loose on civil society...

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-29-22 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-29-22, 02:56 PM   #4315
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default CTD While Trying to Leave Brisbane

USS Snapper (SS-185) departed Albany NS for her 2nd patrol on 4/19/1942.. While out on patrol, the base changed to Brisbane on 5/17/1942 as hoped for. Eventually arrived in Brisbane on 5/25/1942 and accepted command of USS GUDGEON (SS-211), a Gar class boat.

On 5/26/1942, after provisioning and arming the boat and adding crew as needed, clicked on Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

Reloaded Save File for In Office on 5/26/1942 and requested a transfer to Asiatic Fleet, which was granted. Went to Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

So I am stuck in Brisbane awaiting a new patch. It must be something in the .mis file or something between the Gar Class and the .mis file (guessing). I know I can go back to a Save I gook in Albany, but it's been such a struggle to get to Brisbane I hate to give it up.

All help appreciated!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 03:26 PM   #4316
goldmastersims
Bosun

Downloads: 147

I haven’t been offered a new sub for some reason.

Finished my second patrol in USS Plunger (SS-179), which started from Surabaya on 2/4/1942. More than five objectives completed. My combined tallies for both patrols brought me up to >300000 tons sunk (I can explain how). A chunk of it was harbor rading Kobe and sinking Shokaku, Zuikaku, an Akitsu, and two heavy cruisers (in two separate attacks) at Coral Sea, effectively winning that battle early on. Docked at Fremantle on 5/20/1942. Got a Navy Cross but no new sub offers. But my renown is now ~7700.

I must’ve been unlucky then. Is there other criteria I didn’t meet?
goldmastersims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 04:17 PM   #4317
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
USS Snapper (SS-185) departed Albany NS for her 2nd patrol on 4/19/1942.. While out on patrol, the base changed to Brisbane on 5/17/1942 as hoped for. Eventually arrived in Brisbane on 5/25/1942 and accepted command of USS GUDGEON (SS-211), a Gar class boat.

On 5/26/1942, after provisioning and arming the boat and adding crew as needed, clicked on Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

Reloaded Save File for In Office on 5/26/1942 and requested a transfer to Asiatic Fleet, which was granted. Went to Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

So I am stuck in Brisbane awaiting a new patch. It must be something in the .mis file or something between the Gar Class and the .mis file (guessing). I know I can go back to a Save I gook in Albany, but it's been such a struggle to get to Brisbane I hate to give it up.

All help appreciated!
Not sure about after clicking map, if that info would still be in the save folder or not... prop can cover that part...

But... pertaining to the 2nd CTD, after clicking on the map... find the last career save folder, I think this info needed would be... in the 'upc" folder in that folder, in the 1st 1/4 of the career track.upc file will be what your mission objective was to be... (highlighted in "orange", in the example below)

should look something like this :

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_LastStatus
NameDisplayable=NULL
CurrentDate=1941-12-09 13:00:00
PlayerRankAchieved=LTCDR
PlayerCurrentLastPromotionDateTime=1941-12-07 13:00:00
CurrentFlotilla=FremantleCommand
CurrentFlotillaBase=Manila
CurrentSDepartureDescription=1.44499e+007,1.71122e +006,276.176
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F2Narwhal
CurrentDifficulty=Easy
PlayerCurrentRenown=8000.000000
PlayerCurrentRating=0.000000
PlayerHighestRating=0.000000
PlayerPatrolsCompleted=0.000000
PlayerTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerWarshipsTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerMerchantsTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerShipsSunk=0.000000
PlayerCurrentMedals=NULL
CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=NULL
CrewMembersCurrentPromotionsRepository=1
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=South China SeaOPS
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID260
PatrolStartDateTime=1941-12-09 13:00:00

That will give prop & s7rikeback, needed info on where to look...

M. M.
Old 01-29-22, 04:24 PM   #4318
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post

Finished my second patrol in USS Plunger (SS-179), which started from Surabaya on 2/4/1942. More than five objectives completed. My combined tallies for both patrols brought me up to >300000 tons sunk (I can explain how). A chunk of it was harbor rading Kobe and sinking Shokaku, Zuikaku, an Akitsu, and two heavy cruisers (in two separate attacks) at Coral Sea, effectively winning that battle early on. Docked at Fremantle on 5/20/1942. Got a Navy Cross but no new sub offers. But my renown is now ~7700.

Is not much ado about tonnage... if am not mistaken, given to that aspect... more is given t, how many objectives were done... again, if not mistaken.

Just exactly how many objects completed... would work up on your getting a new command... is unknown... & for good reason... things like that, weren't known by those skippers & crews... 2ndly... wouldn't do, to rank up more than what's needed to get command of a new sub... only to have issues cause... well.. that bright, nice, shiny, new sub smelling sub ya get... wasn't supposed to be had & you're getting it waaaaayyyy ahead of schedule.

Any who... hope that info helps...

M. M.
Old 01-29-22, 04:56 PM   #4319
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post

All help appreciated!
Nutz... I'll wager that you still have the old set-up when we were having you test the Albany start, and that you do not have the v1.7p3 activated? In either case, as MM says, if you can go into your Save folder and find in "YourSH4SaveFolder / data / cfg / SaveGames / NumberedFolderWithLatestTimeStamp / CareerTrack.upc" file, and find the line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx", where the IDxxx might be a two or three digit number, and we can then find the mission you have been assigned. Since the game assigns you the mission before you come in, that assignment stays with you, even if you transfer, hence the continuation of the CTD. But that is most likely NOT the issue. The Gar in the v1.7 iteration of the mod is not active at Brisbane when you are given the new command, and that is the main issue now (most likely). We might have to have you dig a bit further into the files to fix that, -OR- if you have a save from prior to docking at Brisbane, go back to that, and then refuse the new boat when you come back in to Brisbane. Either way, let us know if you can find that ID number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post

Generally speaking, you need at least one more, most likely two, and maybe three more patrols under your belt. It has nothing to do with Objectives or points until the number of patrols is considered first, and the minimum is three. If you have enough points and a high enough patrol rating, you might be offered a new boat, if one is available. If you don't have enough points, then it might check again after four patrols, then it will check your scores and if there is a boat available. From five completed patrols onward, it will check each time back in to dock, and do something every two patrols, so 5, 7, 9, etc., so long as you do not have an "Average" or lower patrol. If you have a "Poor" patrol, no matter the circumstances, it basically will set you back to a "zero" status.

Old 01-29-22, 05:45 PM   #4320
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2790717]Nutz... I'll wager that you still have the old set-up when we were having you test the Albany start, and that you do not have the v1.7p3 activated? In either case, as MM says, if you can go into your Save folder and find in "YourSH4SaveFolder / data / cfg / SaveGames / NumberedFolderWithLatestTimeStamp / CareerTrack.upc" file, and find the line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx", where the IDxxx might be a two or three digit number, and we can then find the mission you have been assigned. Since the game assigns you the mission before you come in, that assignment stays with you, even if you transfer, hence the continuation of the CTD. But that is most likely NOT the issue. The Gar in the v1.7 iteration of the mod is not active at Brisbane when you are given the new command, and that is the main issue now (most likely). We might have to have you dig a bit further into the files to fix that, -OR- if you have a save from prior to docking at Brisbane, go back to that, and then refuse the new boat when you come back in to Brisbane. Either way, let us know if you can find that ID number. /QUOTE]

EDIT: Before anyone wastes any more time on this, I need to take another look from here. When I look at my Save Files I see that the last one (00021) has data that is earlier than the one previous (00020). they are out of sequence for hte data.

Here is the one prior to the last one:

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusHeader]
ID=ID
UserPlayerNameDisplayable=A. L. Hight
CareerStartDate=1941-12-07 06:00:00

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_LastStatus
NameDisplayable=NULL
CurrentDate=1942-05-26 20:13:58
PlayerRankAchieved=LTCDR
PlayerCurrentLastPromotionDateTime=1941-12-07 06:00:00
CurrentFlotilla=BrisbaneCommand
CurrentFlotillaBase=Brisbane
CurrentSDepartureDescription=1.83813e+007,-3.28562e+006,356.055
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F3Gar
CurrentDifficulty=Realistic
PlayerCurrentRenown=2930.000000
PlayerCurrentRating=3.000000
PlayerHighestRating=0.000000
PlayerPatrolsCompleted=0.000000
PlayerTonnageSunk=168296.000000
PlayerWarshipsTonnageSunk=17145.000000
PlayerMerchantsTonnageSunk=151151.000000
PlayerShipsSunk=0.000000
PlayerCurrentMedals=NULL,CMOH,CMOH,CMOH
CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=NULL,Bronze Star,Silver Star
CrewMembersCurrentPromotionsRepository=2
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=NewBritain SpecOps
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID395
PatrolStartDateTime=1942-06-18 00:13:58

It looks like I could just delete Save 00021. I'm going to try it after the game.

EDIT: Not sure how things went bad, but it's fixed now. I went back in the game and "fixed" it there rather than going into the files and messing around. I went to a Save I took when I saw the base had changed to Brisbane. This time I just let it run until I was about 100 nm outside Brisbane, took another Save there as a precaution, and then docked. I again received a new command (Gudgeon, a Gar Class). I set up the boat and crew and with some trepidation clicked on the map. Voila! It gave me departure date (5/19/1942) and a mission I didn't wait to read, since I got past the CTD. Sorry for crying wolf, but at least I got some new knowledge out of it. Thanks for trying to help, guys. Much appreciated!

Oh, and did you see how Kentucky spanked Kansas in the Allen Fieldhouse??? Remarkable!!

I have no idea how files got out of order

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 01-29-22 at 10:37 PM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote