SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-09-21, 03:26 PM   #3871
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 0

Thank you so much FOTRS team for this Mod just installed got it working & bought the gold edition over on ubisoft $9.99 that's cheap for such a Legend Series in the Silent Hunter Sim,since i already own the PC DVD version bought new in 2007....just built me a brand new PC & the Mod & Game looks so amazing along with the rest of the Silent Hunter Series
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 06:17 PM   #3872
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Jumping in here, there is a much easier way to train the gun ...

Hope this isn't confusing. I hadn't seen any mention of the Arrow Keys or hwo they work with the gun. I'll butt out now.
Thanks for better articulation than I did! lol - we might have to send a request for an Operational Manual to you, let you describe the operation of onboard gear in a more succinct manner than the current dude does... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
I installed the game exactly as instructed and it crashed for no reason, at all... No, wait. I accidentally unplugged my computer with my foot. Never mind.
Our cat decided it liked the mouse wire swinging off the back of the keyboard tray the one day. Fascinated by it, it took the mouse off the tray when attacking the wire. I was in the middle of setting up to fire torpedoes, scope up, when it happened. I dropped to the floor, crawling under the desk to retrieve the mouse, as the cat ran away in terror. By the time I came back to the chair, I hear "We taking damage, sir!" "We have heavy flooding, sir!", etc. and a short while later, the spinning end cycle with a fade to black "Although the Admiral wrote that he regretted to inform your next of kin of your demise at sea, something makes you suspect that he was actually a bit relieved. Thankfully, and maybe out of respect for someone that ultimately gave their life in the service, your abysmal record was scrubbed before making it to the National Archives. Your family still thinks of you as a hero at least..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Thanks for looking fella's. I will do some more searching. At first I thought some of it might be from the movie, The Sand Pebbles but I was wrong.
If I ever find it, I'll attempt to remember, to let you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress View Post
Thank you so much FOTRS team for this Mod just installed got it working & bought the gold edition over on ubisoft $9.99 that's cheap for such a Legend Series in the Silent Hunter Sim,since i already own the PC DVD version bought new in 2007....just built me a brand new PC & the Mod & Game looks so amazing along with the rest of the Silent Hunter Series
Thank you, mainexpress. We're glad you are going. In spite of issues, the SH series is quite a bit of fun! I have long since lost my original 2007 disk, somewhere in the mess of at least a half-dozen household moves.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 10:23 AM   #3873
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Thanks for better articulation than I did! lol - we might have to send a request for an Operational Manual to you, let you describe the operation of onboard gear in a more succinct manner than the current dude does... lol
Back in the day when I actually worked for a living my unofficial job title for helping out on major proposals was "Master Bull**** Artist".

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 10:37 AM   #3874
propbeanie

You probably also knew this fellow then:

I got to work on the tail end with him too!...

Old 10-12-21, 12:13 PM   #3875
PULSEOX
Helmsman

Downloads: 417
Icon14 FOTRS Questions

Just switched over from TMO and loving it so far. A couple of questions, I'm not sure if I am reading the LAA directions correctly.

Am I correct in thinking that every time I launch the game-I have to run the LAA.exe and point it to the SH4.exe again and then I must click on the SH4.exe from inside the main folder to launch the game...(I can't use desktop shortcut)? Just want to make sure I am running it OK. I haven't noticed any problems so far-just started the Aleutian "shake down" mission. Thanks!
UPDATE: Stayed on patrol as ordered...no objective completed after 8 days! Gave up-went back to Dutch and ended patrol...requested transfer and was reassigned to Brisbane. Hoping for better luck there.

Last edited by PULSEOX; 10-12-21 at 03:11 PM.
PULSEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 03:11 PM   #3876
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSEOX View Post
Just switched over from TMO and loving it so far. A couple of questions, I'm not sure if I am reading the LAA directions correctly.

Am I correct in thinking that every time I launch the game-I have to run the LAA.exe and point it to the SH4.exe again and then I must click on the SH4.exe from inside the main folder to launch the game...(I can't use desktop shortcut)? Just want to make sure I am running it OK. I haven't noticed any problems so far-just started the Aleutian "shake down" mission. Thanks!
No, there is no need to re run LAA, once done that should be it. Do note that is a slight rare chance that LAA won't lock in right off as it should.. but, those are, again, rare occurrences. In that instance, you would need to re run it & ensure that LAA is... locked on target.

If you know for definite that LAA is "on target" then is a simple task to just launch, using the desktop icon for the mod version sh4 icon. Just right click on the sh4.exe icon in the install folder, select "send to" choosing to send that copy, to desktop & done. Just be sure to rename it once there on desktop so that you know just what modded version it goes to...

Hope this info helps... clear the air... so to speak.

M. M.
Old 10-12-21, 03:14 PM   #3877
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSEOX View Post

You should apply only one time LAA to your sh4.exe. It modifies sh4.exe for more RAM to use by the game. Also you can use 4Gbpatch. If you played TMO 25, I think you also needed LAA or 4gbpatch to run well the game. Apply only one time LAA. The shortcut will launch the modified sh4.exe.

Good hunt.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 04:46 PM   #3878
PULSEOX
Helmsman

Downloads: 417
Icon14

Thank You Gentlemen!
Old 10-15-21, 06:26 PM   #3879
SirCory
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Absolutely love this mod. Finally getting the hang of things and it's quite addicting. I can't wait to see future updates.

Random question: is there any plans or consideration on incorporating the Gato ladder mod into FOTRSU? Just curious. I know you have a million other things more important than that.

Cheers!
SirCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 02:54 PM   #3880
propbeanie

We haven't gotten that far as of yet, but if we get the time, we'll see if we can include it for the later conns. But we haven't begun to look into how much would be involved in doing that yet. We're still trying to test all of the boats for proper crewing and also radar upgrades in conjunction with conning tower upgrades - def not my favorite process... lol - we're glad you like the mod!

Old 10-16-21, 03:06 PM   #3881
SirCory
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We haven't gotten that far as of yet, but if we get the time, we'll see if we can include it for the later conns. But we haven't begun to look into how much would be involved in doing that yet. We're still trying to test all of the boats for proper crewing and also radar upgrades in conjunction with conning tower upgrades - def not my favorite process... lol - we're glad you like the mod!
Keep up the great work!
SirCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 10:02 AM   #3882
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Alright, I have a question regarding the preview version of the mod.

What is the recommend mod list and how would I combine the three archives on 7zip? I can't figure it out lol.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 12:39 PM   #3883
propbeanie

Download all three files into the same folder, and then use 7-zip on the first. The easiest way to do that is to right-click on the first file (100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Preview16.7z.001) , and choose "Extract Here", fourth on the context menu. You should then end up with a "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Preview16" folder with the whole mod in it for use in the MODS folder - or just download the 3 files to the MODS folder and do it all there. Don't forget to grab that Preview_EnlistedFix also, else you'll have fellers on-deck with no britches, and or enlisted in khakis, etc... not a pretty picture! lol

btw, this is NOT backwards compatible, and does require the emptying of the Save folder. I like to use both "MoreDifficulAI" mods, "399c_NoScrollNavMap...", "LotsaDudz", "NoPlayerSubFlags" and "Strategic_Map_Symbols" for my actual "play". I usually do "plain Jane" when testing.

Old 10-17-21, 07:13 PM   #3884
Capt RAP
Watch

Downloads: 256
Default Preview

Hi Guys!
I have tried and tried to download and get the preview to work! Maybe its my machine, maybe I don't know what I am doing, maybe I am just old. Can someone help? Love to try the preview since it has been a long time since the last release.

Thanks
CAPT RAP
Capt RAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 08:19 PM   #3885
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt RAP View Post
Hi Guys!
I have tried and tried to download and get the preview to work! Maybe its my machine, maybe I don't know what I am doing, maybe I am just old. Can someone help? Love to try the preview since it has been a long time since the last release.

Thanks
CAPT RAP
*sighs*

To start with, what is the version of SH4 you have... secondly... where do you have it installed. Please, NOT in either of the \Program file locations in C:\ as this is NOT where that you want to have it installed... EVER... can't stress that strongly enough.

I pray, that you are using JSGME to utilize the FotRS-U v1.6x preview set... in next reply, kindly paste a activated list from JSGME, so the exact order of activation is done on your end... this info will help analyze & look at assisting in getting it in the proper (or as close approximation of order, as is humanly possible, that is... )

3rdly... have to apply either of the following :

4GB patch

Large Address Aware (or LAA*, as some refer to it)

These tell your computer to hand over 4 GB of RAM for the game/sim to use when playing...

Have found as My experience, that LAA* is a simple 3 step process. point LAA at the SH4.exe, check mark the box for it to be assigned 4 GB RAM... & click apply/accept the assignment &... done.

So easy, a caveman can do it... ( sorry... My weird sense of humor back dang it... *whip crack sound here*
Lastly, strongly recommend using MultiSH4, so as to keep the game save folder separate, especially if you are running more than 1 modded copy of SH4.

Hopefully this info helps... if not, getting a look at your JSGME may help if you did in fact, use that to run the preview set...

M. M.