SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-21, 11:07 PM   #3061
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

Good Day Gentleman,
I say congrats to the mod team on 1.46. So far playing very stable. I am going to edit the files for the sub mods I like to use at times. Propbeanie, I was wondering which group of missions you mite think as best to attach to the sub? I have in the past just took the group with the highest number to use. I would like to hear ideas on this. Thank you all for any info you can give.

Comder

Great Mod Guys

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?

Last edited by Comder; 04-17-21 at 11:32 PM.
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 12:05 AM   #3062
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, team...

Ok, got a very weird one, here..

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN\MODS]

FotRSU-EN v1.46
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
SEA_LIFE_SH4
Nippon v1.2.1
Fleetboat Interior-Officers Quarters_FOTRSU v1.39 EN
International Radio mod
RadioStationManager
1-MM's Gramophone music mix

On patrol, in a Sargo sub, out of Manila... 1st operational patrol.

Orders were to patrol 10 days, around Makung observe & report activity in the area, as is believed invasion force will sail from here..

Ok, hot footed it there, cranked 4 speed... & on station. Get sonar report of a contact.. get its base heading & got ahead & waited for it to get in range.

On it getting to where I could ID it.. set up fish for it & waited for it to get in better range with torp doors open (2) 1 considering its small size BUT it being a war ship.. a 2nd, set up... just in case.

It gets in range & I find Myself in the middle of a very strange... mystery...

[pb edit - several pix showing fore and aft - see original post]

Accordingly.. fore tubes are facing the target wrong... despite having My bow facing the right direction, with the target traveling from starboard to port... & is out ahead of Me.. add to that, after lock on... being told it is 30K from were I am.. when best guess.. 3500, to 4500 in front of Me, well would be when & if the right set of torp tubes was accurately locked on... that is.. when I would be unloading all holy hades on them, in the form of 1 torp kiss of death. If it doesn't dud out, that is... & they've gotten inside of that range when I go to fire the torps off...
YET, can't... as the wrong set of tubes (aft) are saying & declaring that they are the ones to be used... when they ain't.. as the aft end of the sub is most definitely NOT pointing in the targets direction....

End report.

M. M.

First of all, you don't mention pressing the PK to update the targeting. Second of all, I have never seen a 30k+ range with a lock before. The longest range I've ever been able to obtain has been just over 16k, while on the surface, clear sky, calm sea, using the observation scope, and then the lock wouldn't stick. All indications from your pix, are that the range is WAY off. Again, PK update? However, I wouldn't trust anything with that 30k+ figure, or anything targeting on your boat at all right now. We have done extensive testing of the mod, including the Salmon / Sargo, and never had anything like that. Of course though, we didn't have that mod list. If you did PK updates, why did the range not shorten (I am perplexed as to the source of that number)? If such is the case, I would be tempted to pull the Sea Life mod first (I can't think of what it would influence though), because I have used the Interiors mod, and not seen anything like that. The radio station mod shouldn't cause issue, and neither should the RSM. One other thing might be the order of the mods. You don't really need to have RSM "activated". It is an executable file in the "root" game folder, so de-activate that, and then just copy the exe file over, and your short-cut (if any) should still work. I would be tempted though, to put the Interiors mod 2nd to last, and the Sea Life last - but only if you didn't update the PK in those pix... If you did, then I would remove Sea Life first, see what happens with targeting. then remove the other mods, one by one and see what happens. Remember, 30k is well beyond what the game is capable of displaying for targeting... and it doesn't count in "feet" instead of "yards"... you are roughly 10k beyond the realm of possibility. Main thing though - what is the status of the PK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Day Gentleman,
I say congrats to the mod team on 1.46. So far playing very stable. I am going to edit the files for the sub mods I like to use at times. Propbeanie, I was wondering which group of campaigns you mite think as best to attach to the sub? I have in the past just took the group with the highest number to use. I would like to hear ideas on this. Thank you all for any info you can give.

Comder

Great Mod Guys
From the start of the war, the Porpoise / Tambor / Gar boats have the most for Pearl, but the Balao and Narwhal have 17 each, with the Narwhal starting the beginning of 1942, and the Balao in 1943 - easy enough to change though. Remember though, the S-18 / S-42 have quite a few up in Dutch Harbor... lol - The Porpoise, Salmon / Sargo have the most at Fremantle. Realistically though, anything but the S-Boats at Fremantle or Brisbane, since they "retire" earlier than the other boats, should work fine. The Porpoise boat does "retire" at Fremantle, but a strategic, user-induced transfer can fix that... basically, pick your poison, based upon whether you want the CenPac or SoWesPac. The boats with the higher numbers have a few different assignments than the other boats.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 02:10 AM   #3063
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Ahoy, propbeanie...

Reply is in DarkOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First of all, you don't mention pressing the PK ( PK..??? sorry, ol'man-itis, I feel I should know that but drawing a blank, right now... ) to update the targeting. Second of all, I have never seen a 30k+ range with a lock before. ( I know.. have never, at least to the best of My recollecting, ever locked on to a target, that far off before, either... ) The longest range I've ever been able to obtain has been just over 16k, while on the surface, clear sky, calm sea, using the observation scope, and then the lock wouldn't stick. All indications from your pix, are that the range is WAY off. Again, PK update? However, I wouldn't trust anything with that 30k+ figure, or anything targeting on your boat at all right now. We have done extensive testing of the mod, including the Salmon / Sargo, and never had anything like that. Of course though, we didn't have that mod list. If you did PK updates, why did the range not shorten (I am perplexed as to the source of that number)? If such is the case, I would be tempted to pull the Sea Life mod first (I can't think of what it would influence though), because I have used the Interiors mod, and not seen anything like that. The radio station mod shouldn't cause issue, and neither should the RSM. ( Wouldn't see of them causing issues, either.. which is why I did place them, pretty much dead last... Of note, I did have the RSM, stop working with v1.39, of which I did post on that in the main thread, by the way on the RSM thread. )One other thing might be the order of the mods. You don't really need to have RSM "activated". It is an executable file in the "root" game folder, so de-activate that, and then just copy the exe file over, and your short-cut (if any) should still work. ( Ok, will see of doing that.. & I did send a shortcut of it, over to desktop, just so I wouldn't have to go into the main folder to run it ) I would be tempted though, to put the Interiors mod 2nd to last, and the Sea Life last - but only if you didn't update the PK in those pix... ( Have 1-MM gramophone mix, dead last, so as to facilitate dropping it out & replacing it with 2-MM, 3-MM as each number is for the last digit year wise, & have 5 folders from '41 to '45 for record music files... for the gramophone, so, interior would be 3rd from last then with Sea life between those 2... ) If you did, then I would remove Sea Life first, see what happens with targeting. then remove the other mods, one by one and see what happens. Remember, 30k is well beyond what the game is capable of displaying for targeting... and it doesn't count in "feet" instead of "yards"... you are roughly 10k beyond the realm of possibility. Main thing though - what is the status of the PK? ( Again, clarify on what PK is.. drawing a blank on that, right off... sorry. ( slaps head & goes D'Oh... Homer Simpson style... ) told ya, I was, then just before I went to post.. I realized what PK is.. & Yeah, I did... several times... & it was on, as far as I can recall of... I'll take a moment, before starting it back up & see of removing RSM from the activation list, stick the .exe for it in the main folder... & reorder the other mods mentioned... & give it another go. Think I did manage to do a save prior to running into that ship... no idea if I shall have it crop up again, to check & see if it does that craziness again, or not.. was weird, as I ran a S boat career, until I got killed attacking a task force, & managed to sink a Kongo... but... got wiped out, in the attempt to clear the area... Started a new career, since I go by ''DEAD... is DEAD'' principle. YET, didn't have any of that occur while I did run that S boat career... & the mod list, is pretty much the same, except for adding in Nippon, after s7rikeback, reworked it for v1.46 FotRS... Otherwise, it's pretty much what I started off with.
Old 04-18-21, 09:20 AM   #3064
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Reply is in DarkOrange
the Position Keeper, Mister Mardigan!!!
don't make us have to put you through a remedial qualifying course.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 09:33 AM   #3065
propbeanie

I would attempt to get the list like this:
FotRSU-EN v1.46
Nippon v1.2.1
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
International Radio mod
SEA_LIFE_SH4
I not sure of having success loading a previous Save though. Nothing to keep you from trying. If it bombs, it bombs and it is only the first mission. I have looked at Sea Life, and I see no reason for it to influence anything as far as AI Visual goes, so I have my doubts about that. All I can think of is maybe you started the S-Boat career, died, then loaded in other mods but didn't clear the Save folder, then started the Sargo career? I dunno. Something like that could muck-up the Save data... I have the mods myself now, and I'll fix up that mix - less your custom period music mix, since I have my own custom mix from over 300 CDs from 1940s through 2000s ABBA to ZZTop baby! It does include Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller and the like, but does have some hook-laden Thunder mixed in...

Old 04-18-21, 03:34 PM   #3066
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the Position Keeper, Mister Mardigan!!!
don't make us have to put you through a remedial qualifying course.

Ahoy, KaleunMarco...

Hehh... yeah..

About that, in My defense, was a bit flustered with having that I reported, happening, added to getting as much pertinent info gathered, as possible... to give when I made the report.

Knowing, it may have been possible a mod didn't play well with the others... to any other reason, unbeknownst.. which can & does occur, though it is rare on that, but.. is still a chance.

Then add to the mix, being tired & pushing it to get the report in, while it was as 'fresh' as was humanly possible...

I do admit, feeling a bit... sheepish, when I was just about ready to hit submit, to have it hit Me like a ton of bricks & realize d'oh.. yeah, that is what that stands for...

So, nope.. no remedial courses needed... at least, not yet, at any rate...

M. M.

Old 04-18-21, 03:46 PM   #3067
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
I would attempt to get the list like this:
FotRSU-EN v1.46
Nippon v1.2.1
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
International Radio mod
SEA_LIFE_SH4
I not sure of having success loading a previous Save though. Nothing to keep you from trying. If it bombs, it bombs and it is only the first mission. I have looked at Sea Life, and I see no reason for it to influence anything as far as AI Visual goes, so I have my doubts about that. All I can think of is maybe you started the S-Boat career, died, then loaded in other mods but didn't clear the Save folder, then started the Sargo career? I dunno. Something like that could muck-up the Save data... I have the mods myself now, and I'll fix up that mix - less your custom period music mix, since I have my own custom mix from over 300 CDs from 1940s through 2000s ABBA to ZZTop baby! It does include Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller and the like, but does have some hook-laden Thunder mixed in...

ahoy, propbeanie..

Yeah, that is the exact way you have that I am going to approach doing it.. minus the RSM, which am going to drop RSM.exe into the main folder itself, , dump the desktop shortcut I created after I had activated it via the jsgme & resend it again, following protocol.

After getting all that done.. am going to just crap can the save folder & start off fresh... as you deduced, it is in the early aspect.. so it will not be a big loss..

When I ran that S boat career, all of the mods, were already there.. with exception to Nippon. I did add in that mod, after that.. & don't recall dumping the save career, as it was added in, not taken out.. which iirc, is when dumping the save folder would be directly called for to be done, with the removal of a/any mod add ins... not with adding a mod in.
If I am incorrect, kindly point that out... am not above being shown that I am.. would rather know that I was, than to continue in & causing any one else to follow in that wrong train of thought.

As for the music choices.. as I say.. whatever blows your hair back, enjoy. In short, to each their own on their taste in music.. it may or may not match up with Mine.. & that's grand. Enjoy what you like. As I shall do, & if it meets up on liking the same kind, all the much more the better.. we can enjoy it, together.

M. M.

Old 04-18-21, 03:55 PM   #3068
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
I do admit, feeling a bit... sheepish,

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 04:07 PM   #3069
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Feelin' sheepish... (sang offkey...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

Good 1, KaleunMarco... good 1... a tip o' the hat to ya, for that lil' gem...

M. M.

Old 04-18-21, 06:57 PM   #3070
propbeanie

So whether you're Crying a River of Pain, or doing the baa baa Black Sheepish, be sure and let us know how the next round out of Manila goes. I do not think you have to dump RSM, I would keep that short-cut, but put the executable in the game folder myself, so you don't have it on the MODS list, since technically, it is not a mod...

Old 04-18-21, 07:52 PM   #3071
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
So whether you're Crying a River of Pain, or doing the baa baa Black Sheepish, be sure and let us know how the next round out of Manila goes. I do not think you have to dump RSM, I would keep that short-cut, but put the executable in the game folder myself, so you don't have it on the MODS list, since technically, it is not a mod...
Will do.

As for the shortcut & RSM... figure, better safe than sorry.. & didn't take all that long to reset up a shortcut.. As for RSM, itself.. has been deactivated & removed from 'MODS' with it now nested into the main SH4 FotRS v1.46 folder... so, all good there.

Now.. to run a test of the last save & see how it goes. If it bombs, no big... will just simply wipe the save folder & go through with setting up a new career...

M. M.

Old 04-18-21, 11:52 PM   #3072
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Ahoy guys, in FotRSU mod, the torpedo textures are wrong, as the pictures show. I looked into the "Torpedoes_US.dat" and found many errors in it, causing mislead of texture files. So i modified it refering TMO mod, and imported the meun texture as well. Hoping it will be integrated into the next upgrade of FOTRS.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5810

Last edited by flaminus; 04-19-21 at 12:41 AM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 01:38 AM   #3073
propbeanie

Whatever, but this is not TMO. Maybe Ducimus was wrong... CapnScurvy would not like you bad-mouthing his menu color choices - We can add your changes to the next version of Add-In Modz Pak if you want? With your permission and we'll give proper naming credit, of course.

Old 04-19-21, 03:08 AM   #3074
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Targeting askew.. part deux...

Ahoy...

Per agreement, am reporting end results, after reordering mods list, & renesting of RSM.exe, into the main folder for FotRS...

Renesting the RSM.exe, no issues there. All good.

After reorganizing the mods list... well...

Loaded last save & ran across a tanker, that I ran across prior to the Subchaser class 13.

Before, I had no issues sinking it, the 1st time I ran across it.

However, this time.. still ended up with the same issue the 2nd time of coming across the subchaser. targeting was askew.. & range was crap. Except this time, it was with that tanker that I had it crop up... No ideas... so... I just bit the bullet, exited & scrapped the game save folder.

Upon start of a new career, after resetting up options before shoving off on patrol.. & can report that thus far, have not had the issue show up yet... Knock on wood *knock.. knock...*

End report.

M. M.

Old 04-19-21, 03:51 AM   #3075
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Whatever, but this is not TMO. Maybe Ducimus was wrong... CapnScurvy would not like you bad-mouthing his menu color choices - We can add your changes to the next version of Add-In Modz Pak if you want? With your permission and we'll give proper naming credit, of course.
That's good

btw, i'm not bad-mouthing the original work, the texture in tmo just more reasonable, at least matched
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote