SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-13, 11:57 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Anyone know how to do this ?

Traveller's mod was great but there are some bugs in 2.6 that causes CTD around large convoys, i'm not only one but no idea nor the time to figure out what it is and Traveller is mia these days.One part i loved was the fog of war, by not awarding credit via the captains log when you sinka ship and removing the ship sunk mark on the map.Player would not know for sure if they sunk anything until returned to port.This is realistic as credit was not officially award until then and it really added to the game. anyone know how to do this in TMO RSRD?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 03:18 PM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I think not having a ship sunk mark on a map is hokey as hell. Wouldn't YOU mark the position that you sunk a ship? Of course you would. What you wouldn't know is the identification of the ship.

For instance, when in a moment of unparalleled brilliance, I sank the USS Essex in early 1945, I checked the plot and saw a gray sunk marker. ALL markers should have been the same color but should be there. Then I checked the Captain's log and found that it was the USS Essex. That should not happen.

So I say yes to the map marker with no identifying info of any kind and kill the Captain's log until after you return from patrol.

I've got a lot to learn but I'll try to look into things to see if it can be done.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 09:32 PM   #3
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

'sThe problem with the map marker it tells you a ship is sunk, when it may still be floating. If you have cams off, but contacts on, it sort of unrealistic. Course, the game can't be realistic, but I like you only see what you sunk when you return. Last I played Trav mod, I hit a merchant, then attacked several others. Went back to see if I could find the merchant and I couldn't. Saw several rafts, but I had sunk a few ships. I thought I sunk it but found it had rejoined the convoy.

The other issue was those blind gun attacks in storms. I could easily shoot down the bearing scoring hits until I saw the sunk ship icon. Now I had to be more sure. Yea, you can pretty much figure it out, but it does has some realism.

Course, be nice if you could keep notes in game.

I also think Trav nulled the auto ID book back like it was, but never tested 2.6.

Not sure if Trav did, but if not, also need to null the ship sunk text for both sides.

Anyway, Bubble, I'll be home this weekend. I've pulled most the files we want from the mod, tweak a few and reworked the special crew to include a few more that I liked.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 11:12 PM   #4
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post

Not sure if Trav did, but if not, also need to null the ship sunk text for both sides.
You mean it's possible to eliminate the "she's goin' down.." business? I thought it one of those hard coded things.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 04:58 AM   #5
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
You mean it's possible to eliminate the "she's goin' down.." business? I thought it one of those hard coded things.

I think Trav said it could be done. You may have to run an exe after the game starts.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 11:36 AM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Well, traveller removed the captains log that gave you credit at sea and removed the ship sunk icon but was unable to remove the shes going down message. Suppose it's an .exe thing as armistead said below.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 02:29 PM   #7
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Well, traveller removed the captains log that gave you credit at sea and removed the ship sunk icon but was unable to remove the shes going down message. Suppose it's an .exe thing as armistead said below.
Well I feel silly. I thought that was just a glitch this whole time.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-13, 12:13 AM   #8
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Well I feel silly. I thought that was just a glitch this whole time.
That can happen with modded games.

As I recall, the RFB team wanted to get rid of the "she's goin' down.." business, but it was tied into the way the game gives you credit.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-13, 02:36 PM   #9
chris455
A-ganger

Downloads: 97

Even using Traveller's Mod, I still get a full accounting of what I've sunk, tonnage, type, etc. at the exit screen.
chris455 is offline   Reply With Quote