Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-22, 08:36 AM   #4456
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What I took from that is Biden thinks constitutionally guaranteed rights can be infringed upon. He's talked repeatedly about gun bans and other infringements. I don't buy at all that he was referring to law breakers.

When it comes to weapons bans yes we must be wary, IMO when given the opportunity government does tend to overreach in matters, especially emotionally charged ones. Banning a firearm just because it looks a certain way I think is an immature emotional argument. Those same people have no problem handing out medications like candy known to cause violent, homicidal, and suicidal thoughts and behavior to children and adults with access to firearms. That’s OK though because you know science loves you.

Look on the bright side even the mention of a ban and firearm sales skyrocket, it’s good for business.

I think most current bans of firearms are on foreign imports which is OK in my book, its good for American business

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-12-22 at 10:06 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 09:50 AM   #4457
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
“I respect the culture and the tradition and the concerns of lawful gun owners, Biden said from the White House. “At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute.”
Until they Amend the Constitution it is an absolute right for me to keep and bear arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
He's 100% correct, so what's the problem?
Read the following excerpt from Biden to a reporter and see if you can spot the outright falsehoods He is basing his "gun Policy" on. The guy is a liar and an opportunist, not to mention his cognitive issues. I don't want him anywhere near "my Constitutional rights".

Quote:
Q Sir, do you think there is anything different in how Republicans will approach the gun reform question now, given the circumstances?

THE PRESIDENT: Since I haven’t spoken to them, I don’t know. But my guess is, if they have — if they — yes, I think they’re going to have to take a hard look.

Q Is there one element — is it aid, is it red flag, is it some component that you think could be most successful now?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s hard to say because I have not been negotiating with any of the Republicans yet. And I deliberately did not engage in a debate about that with any Republican in — when we were down consoling the families in Texas. So I don’t — I don’t know what is the most — how far it goes.

I know that it makes no sense to be able to purchase something that can fire up to 300 rounds. I know it makes — and I know what happened when we had rational action before, back in — when the crime bill was — the law that got passed. It did significantly cut down mass murders.

And so there’s only one reason for something that can fire, you know, 100 shots.

I mean — and I’ll just conclude with this: Look, when I first started doing hearings on the issue of what rational gun laws should be, it was during a period when I was a senator and the death rate was going up. Not that many more people were being shot, but the death rate was up. And when I think of — I’m not sure, I think it was (inaudible) hospital in New York — whatever the largest trauma hospital is.

And I sat with a trauma doctor, and I asked him — I said, “What’s the difference? Why are so many people…” — and not that many more people were being shot. This is now 20 years ago, or 25 years. I said, “Why are they dying?” And they showed me x-rays. He said, “A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.”

So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of — there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection, hunting. I mean, I just — and remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute. You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weapons.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 10:27 AM   #4458
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I wasn't commenting his gun policy, only replying to what les_green01 said.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 11:02 AM   #4459
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Until they Amend the Constitution it is an absolute right for me to keep and bear arms.

Read the following excerpt from Biden to a reporter and see if you can spot the outright falsehoods He is basing his "gun Policy" on. The guy is a liar and an opportunist, not to mention his cognitive issues. I don't want him anywhere near "my Constitutional rights".
Why can't you buy automatic weapons?

Mark Finchem who doesn't know anyone who voted Democrat has lost in Arizona.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...-2022-00064765

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 11:34 AM   #4460
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Why can't you buy automatic weapons?

Mark Finchem who doesn't know anyone who voted Democrat has lost in Arizona.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...-2022-00064765

I give up, why can’t you buy an automatic weapon?

Last I checked depending on what state you live in it’s still a fairly simple process to legally own one.

Old 11-12-22, 11:43 AM   #4461
Buddahaid

The point is there are restrictions.

David Bowie
Old 11-12-22, 12:16 PM   #4462
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I've mentioned it before. According to your 2nd Amendment you are allowed to carry a weapon.

Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment can I read what kind of weapon it has to be. Which for me indicate that it's up to you to decide what kind of weapon you want. On the other hand it also give the government carte blanche to add law to your 2nd Amendment saying Americans are free to carry only 9 mm pistol. Owner of bigger gun has to go through exercise and other things(Here I'm thinking psychological test and other test)

Markus
That's because you think the 2nd amendment grants a right, it does not. It merely recognizes the PRE-EXISTING right with a pledge not to infringe upon it which would be exactly what the government would be doing with it's bans and qualifications and restrictions.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 12:21 PM   #4463
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Unconstitutional restrictions.

Old 11-12-22, 12:41 PM   #4464
Buddahaid

Quote:
Unconstitutional restrictions.
The second amendment says nothing about having to be a law abiding citizen. Do you then think it's unconstitutional to prevent convicted felons from owning?

David Bowie
Old 11-12-22, 01:03 PM   #4465
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
That's because you think the 2nd amendment grants a right, it does not. It merely recognizes the PRE-EXISTING right with a pledge not to infringe upon it which would be exactly what the government would be doing with it's bans and qualifications and restrictions.
Thank you Dave for enlighten me..Yes you are right I thought it grants you right to bear arms, but not what kind of weapon.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 01:20 PM   #4466
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Sometimes I think for some people, carrying weapons or have the right to do so is one of the most important things to consider these days. I thought there are other challenges these days, but maybe I am plain wrong.

I am just asking myself if one cares about all the victims of shotguns in the same way, even if that is not considered in any law or Amendment or whatever.

Sure, there are other ways people get harmed or harm them self, legally.

Maybe the solution is just trying to correct ALL things ALL together, which are harming people - instead of blaming the other side not recognizing their protection of some devil's things ?
Old 11-12-22, 01:26 PM   #4467
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post

The guy is a liar and an opportunist, not to mention his cognitive issues
Now this comment is hard to argue against. Consider the largest age group of voters to turn out in 2022 were 18-29 year olds. Imagine if the court had struck down Biden’s unconstitutional and unilateral student loan forgiveness before early voting; before Election Day. Lots of young folks sent in ballots and went to the polls under the guise that their student debt was going to be forgiven.

In addition to liar and opportunist I would add Huckster to the list.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-12-22 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-12-22, 01:31 PM   #4468
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
A purchase process is not a restriction, there are no federal laws preventing any law abiding citizen from purchasing them. Only restriction to prevent purchase or possession is placed on convicted felons.

I forgot besides convicted felons you now have to be at least 21 years of age. Those are restrictions.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-12-22 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-12-22, 02:44 PM   #4469
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you Dave for enlighten me..Yes you are right I thought it grants you right to bear arms, but not what kind of weapon.

Markus

You're welcome. There are those that would have us believe the federal government grants the rights enumerated in the constitution and that was a big fear among some of the founding fathers when the Bill of Rights was written, that others would take it that way for their own nefarious reasons.

Old 11-12-22, 02:49 PM   #4470
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have no comment to this. I just said to myself this page has to be posted in our US-politic thread.

Well only this comment-Guess you will disagree with what it says.

https://jonmcnaughton.com/last-suppe...lessed-nation/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote