SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-23, 06:18 AM   #1651
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default Onealex crashing

Hi, followed the youtube tutorial on instalation but every time it goes to load a game it crashes to desktop. Help please.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-23, 09:03 AM   #1652
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27

You probably have not enough RAM.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-23, 08:35 AM   #1653
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Please, a little question:

Where the screenshots go using Ctrl + F11? I took some images but I can´t found where are them...

Many thanks in advance!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-23, 04:28 AM   #1654
Pelle71
Watch

Downloads: 336

1.53. It say's corrupt files. I have download it 3 times now. So f-it.
Pelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-23, 07:31 AM   #1655
Jeremiah110
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Really stable on win 11, only crashes ive had is when @4096 TC and a convoy loads in bad weather or a nearby port loads
Jeremiah110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-23, 11:47 AM   #1656
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Jeremiah110!...after a 2-year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-23, 06:28 AM   #1657
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Default onealex

Posted earlier about not getting the onealex mod to work, chap thinks I don't have enough RAM, got 16GB so I don't think it's that Doesn't matter if I load career or single mission, loading screen finishes and it crashes to desktop. Any other ideas?
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-23, 07:59 AM   #1658
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
Posted earlier about not getting the onealex mod to work, chap thinks I don't have enough RAM, got 16GB so I don't think it's that Doesn't matter if I load career or single mission, loading screen finishes and it crashes to desktop. Any other ideas?
Maybe a corrupted installation...Download the mod again.

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-23, 08:18 PM   #1659
all_my_loving
Watch

Downloads: 144
Default game causes to crash when I enter the command room in career and single mission mode

The game causes to crash when I enter the command room in career and single mission mode, Except I can enter the command room in naval academy, The above all starts the game from the SH3 command, Any ideas are welcome.
all_my_loving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-23, 06:04 PM   #1660
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

It's been a few months since I've messed around with anythnig "sub" related, so I thought I'd give the OneAlex version a try since I haven't tried the U-Boat side in a LONG time.

I was having exactly the same issue you are having. Loads great and can even get to the point where I'm launching the game.

Every time I tried to go from a "2-D" type screen (menu, starting career patrol, etc) over to a "3-D" screen (the command room where you start in the sub), I would get the black screen then go to desktop.

I have an AMD card -- and system -- with this new rig I got second hand a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning the "ropes" with this thing.

What I CAN tell you is that you have to MAKE SURE that the card is set to "application control" for the anti-aliasing. On my software for the Radeon control there's also a "tesselation" setting that is set to "application control" now as well.

The actual wording on my software is: Use Application Settings

There is also a section for "GPU Workload" that is set for "computing" instead of "graphics" setting.

I was able to get to the control room of the u-boat ONLY AFTER those particular changes.

The other settings can be done from the part in the PDF that's included with the OneAlex 7Z file. It's just after the portion that deals with the minimum requirements. There are a few images of an NVidia setup that OneAlex has which can be used with AMD. You just have to figure out what the values for the different things are since they are a little different with AMD, but it's possible to get it to work.

So, in short: set the anti-aliasing of the AMD card to "application control" and the thing SHOULD work as long as you meet the other requirements for the hardware.

For what it's worth, here are the specs of my "new" rig:

2013 CyberPower AMD computer
-------------------------------

Main: Quad-Core 3.75 Ghz AMD FX 4300 series
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 at 1600 hz
Video: 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM at 1750 AMD RX 460

Good Luck!
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-23, 09:36 AM   #1661
all_my_loving
Watch

Downloads: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
It's been a few months since I've messed around with anythnig "sub" related, so I thought I'd give the OneAlex version a try since I haven't tried the U-Boat side in a LONG time.

I was having exactly the same issue you are having. Loads great and can even get to the point where I'm launching the game.

Every time I tried to go from a "2-D" type screen (menu, starting career patrol, etc) over to a "3-D" screen (the command room where you start in the sub), I would get the black screen then go to desktop.

I have an AMD card -- and system -- with this new rig I got second hand a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning the "ropes" with this thing.

What I CAN tell you is that you have to MAKE SURE that the card is set to "application control" for the anti-aliasing. On my software for the Radeon control there's also a "tesselation" setting that is set to "application control" now as well.

The actual wording on my software is: Use Application Settings

There is also a section for "GPU Workload" that is set for "computing" instead of "graphics" setting.

I was able to get to the control room of the u-boat ONLY AFTER those particular changes.

The other settings can be done from the part in the PDF that's included with the OneAlex 7Z file. It's just after the portion that deals with the minimum requirements. There are a few images of an NVidia setup that OneAlex has which can be used with AMD. You just have to figure out what the values for the different things are since they are a little different with AMD, but it's possible to get it to work.

So, in short: set the anti-aliasing of the AMD card to "application control" and the thing SHOULD work as long as you meet the other requirements for the hardware.

For what it's worth, here are the specs of my "new" rig:

2013 CyberPower AMD computer
-------------------------------

Main: Quad-Core 3.75 Ghz AMD FX 4300 series
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 at 1600 hz
Video: 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM at 1750 AMD RX 460

Good Luck!
I used to be able to run mods and play the career mode without any issues, especially when launching using the SH3 command. However, after I loaded the "widescreen magui modified" mod using JSGME, I was not satisfied with the interior decorations of the submarine. So, I uninstalled the "widescreen magui modified" mod, but as a result, I could no longer launch the career mode.

In frustration, I decided to delete the entire game, and I downloaded another copy of SH3, specifically the version from "sh3onealex," from the internet. After reinstalling the game, I encountered the same issue – I couldn't launch the career mode.

In a last-ditch effort, I loaded the "Das Boot" music mod through JSGME, which I hadn't used before. Surprisingly, this allowed me to successfully launch the career mode! I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem was; I simply stumbled upon a solution by chance.
Additional explanation: If I load the Das Boot music using JSGME for my old copy of SH3, I cannot access the career mode.

Last edited by all_my_loving; 09-19-23 at 10:17 AM.
all_my_loving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-23, 10:52 AM   #1662
falzoni666
Nub

Downloads: 88

hi all...i need help...i really love the onealex mod but i would
like to change something...my watch crew always spots other
ships a long time before i see them through the binoculars
and even the uzo...i see nothing at all when they yell "ship sighted"...
in excellent visibility they spot them at 16km and i first see them

in the uzo at 12km...BUT im the kaleun!...i want to see (and hear)
ships before my crew does...hope someone could help me and
tell me which values i have to change...thx
falzoni666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-23, 11:24 AM   #1663
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

falzoni666! after a 2 year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-23, 11:45 AM   #1664
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoni666 View Post
hi all...i need help...i really love the onealex mod but i would
like to change something...my watch crew always spots other
ships a long time before i see them through the binoculars
and even the uzo...i see nothing at all when they yell "ship sighted"...
in excellent visibility they spot them at 16km and i first see them

in the uzo at 12km...BUT im the kaleun!...i want to see (and hear)
ships before my crew does...hope someone could help me and
tell me which values i have to change...thx

See the H.sie mod documentation for how to change this. It's in the "Stiebler" folder (a common mistake of many "newer" SH3 players is thinking all the mods in the H.sie patch were done by Stiebler) in the support folder of the mod.
Old 10-02-23, 04:52 PM   #1665
Cpt Ad Hoc
Nub

Downloads: 38
Default Fog flickering

Hello cptns

First, thanks for this wonderful mod
I only have 1 issue for this moment:
the fog is constantly flickering

My nvidia parameters seems to be ok so i don't know.
If someone have an idea or encounter the same issue i'm interested.

Thanks.
Cpt Ad Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote