SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-23, 09:22 PM   #1606
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I can tell your already going about the installation the wrong way, you dont need to download .hsie and stiebler hardcoded fixes as their already patched to the SH3.exe as well as the 4GB patch in the Onealex mod. I don't know how you got things working Fitz but your duplicating things you dont need too. Onealex has everything NYGM has just maybe a touch less difficulty on the stats and values wise of damage and sensors but very hardcore tough mod just like NYGM, slightly less hardcore GUI too then NYGM but everything else is similar. Also why don't you join the official Onealex discord Fitz, faster and easier to chat about the mod that way. Plus onealex already includes all of Thomsens sounds plus Das Boot movie phrases etc.

P.S. The stiebler and .hsie files are in the 'support' folder of the mod but the SH3.exe is indeed patched with them with the options that Alex ticked off for his own playstyle. You can re-edit the SH3.exe with your own hsie and stiebler options by doing this:

1. Copy your SH3.exe from your SH3 game (installation) folder and place it in your SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder.
2. Now, you can run the HsieOptionsSlector_v16B1.exe. You CAN NOT run the HsieOptionsSelector without the SH3.exe temporarily located in the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 folder.
3. Make your changes and exit the HsieOptionsSelector and you'll get a message that your SH3.exe has been "updated", or something like that.
4. Now, when your back to the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder, move your newly patched SH3.exe back to your SH3 game folder, like it was in step 1.
Many thanks for all the help!

Actually, I'm working on my own version of GWX, a crazy soup of Onealex, WAC 5 and NYGM Fifi. This is why I'm touching here and there Hsie, Stiebler, adding ships, skins via Commander, sounds (I prefer WAC 5 sounds to Onealex mix); and I have a full interior from WAC 5 for the Type IX. Now I'm testing my soup in 12/1939, with a Type IXB, full interior, 1920x1080 resolution, and all is working well (departed from Wilhelmshaven, Second Flotilla). The museum with added ships is OK and the patrol (now in AM25) after two merchants sunk, is working very fine, no problems with savegames.

Basically, my soup is an Onealex enhanced. At the moment, for my own use and tests.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-23, 02:03 AM   #1607
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 2
Default BUG REPORT GWX Onealex Edition 1.53 loading CTD

Clean sh3 1.4 installed with GWX Onealex Edition 1.53,set compatible and run as administratior ,start with SH3 Commander supplied by Onealex. test Career
with IIA in 1939 loading slow but being able to entering the sub. While Starting career with XXI or VIIC crash to desktop after loading almost finished, so does it in single mission,Crashed out with museum too. With or without additional mod within Onealex. No other mod installed.

BTW, the sh3 copy run with GWX 3.0 gold without problem.

system win7 64bit, 16gb ram 2070s, it can run twos in 4k well so the hardware power is sufficiant.

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; 06-14-23 at 02:48 AM.
Bartholomew Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-23, 03:11 AM   #1608
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Downloads: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
Clean sh3 1.4 installed with GWX Onealex Edition 1.53,set compatible and run as administratior ,start with SH3 Commander supplied by Onealex. test Career
with IIA in 1939 loading slow but being able to entering the sub. While Starting career with XXI or VIIC crash to desktop after loading almost finished, so does it in single mission,Crashed out with museum too. With or without additional mod within Onealex. No other mod installed.

system win7 64bit, 16gb ram 2070s, it can run twos in 4k well so the hardware power is sufficiant.
Try reinstall There probably something was Corrupted
Old 06-14-23, 03:18 AM   #1609
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I can tell your already going about the installation the wrong way, you dont need to download .hsie and stiebler hardcoded fixes as their already patched to the SH3.exe as well as the 4GB patch in the Onealex mod. I don't know how you got things working Fitz but your duplicating things you dont need too. Onealex has everything NYGM has just maybe a touch less difficulty on the stats and values wise of damage and sensors but very hardcore tough mod just like NYGM, slightly less hardcore GUI too then NYGM but everything else is similar. Also why don't you join the official Onealex discord Fitz, faster and easier to chat about the mod that way. Plus onealex already includes all of Thomsens sounds plus Das Boot movie phrases etc.

P.S. The stiebler and .hsie files are in the 'support' folder of the mod but the SH3.exe is indeed patched with them with the options that Alex ticked off for his own playstyle. You can re-edit the SH3.exe with your own hsie and stiebler options by doing this:

1. Copy your SH3.exe from your SH3 game (installation) folder and place it in your SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder.
2. Now, you can run the HsieOptionsSlector_v16B1.exe. You CAN NOT run the HsieOptionsSelector without the SH3.exe temporarily located in the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 folder.
3. Make your changes and exit the HsieOptionsSelector and you'll get a message that your SH3.exe has been "updated", or something like that.
4. Now, when your back to the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder, move your newly patched SH3.exe back to your SH3 game folder, like it was in step 1.
But I copy the content in sh3 folder into my sh3 fold overwrite the files as the readme said. crash in loading mission or career mission, even can't open museum. latest version 1.53 , try to find 1.52 but no where to be found.
Old 06-14-23, 03:23 AM   #1610
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerzhunters View Post
Try reinstall There probably something was Corrupted
tried multiple times, no luck. Is this because 1.53 is still testing? Where can I get the 1.52 version.

solution found,no need to over write my copy. just unzip and run

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; 06-14-23 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-14-23, 10:32 AM   #1611
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Quote:
tried multiple times, no luck. Is this because 1.53 is still testing? Where can I get the 1.52 version.

solution found,no need to over write my copy. just unzip and run
well first time i see yea it weirds prob you was over write but i still not ask that until if that still error Lol Great it working, Good huntings
Old 06-14-23, 10:36 AM   #1612
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Bartholomew Roberts you have a PM
Old 06-18-23, 08:41 AM   #1613
mazochi
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 16
wolf_howl15 One Alex 1.53

Hi,
So i have downloaded the onealex 1.53 version and followed the instructions to the letter however when i go to start a career the progress bar gets half way and then crashes.
Does anyone have an advice or tips what the issue could be.
Steve
mazochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-23, 12:38 PM   #1614
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

mazochi!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-23, 08:41 PM   #1615
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazochi View Post
Hi,
So i have downloaded the onealex 1.53 version and followed the instructions to the letter however when i go to start a career the progress bar gets half way and then crashes.
Steve
Well There a list First Check Jsgme Mybe something conflicting, Two Are you overwrite The Normal version?, Third If in career Crash Try On Single mission Or Training if same Its probably something Corupted Suggested reinstall Or Redownload Also You can join the discord So There more team helper that might be Help You https://discord.gg/XYKBtnW6,
Old 06-22-23, 12:54 PM   #1616
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazochi View Post
Hi,
Steve
To test that it's not a RAM problem, install these 2 blank campaign files with JSGME:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ibk1q...-_RND.zip/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pa9j5...-_SCR.zip/file

then launch SH3 and try again to start a campaign.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 07:17 AM   #1617
Jaggs90
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4

Quote:

Similar issues as me!

I had a save with the IIA 1939 and soon as i got to 1940 i was unable to start patrol 4 mission just crashing to desktop when loading. I have tried starting new careers with no luck. The only career that will load is the IIA in 1939. I have reinstalled about 5 times now no luck.
Jaggs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 10:13 PM   #1618
reedj40
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default OneAlex 1.53 not loading

Hello all, I'm new to the game and I'm so eager to play but have been having issues getting the game to load. I downloaded Onealex 1.53, joined their discord, and followed the instructional video they have pinned on how to install correctly. I do everything right in the video, and have even tried to troubleshoot by reading the forum here among others, but still can't get anything running. I launch the game through the commander after creating a new campaign. I match the year and floatilla to what I selected in the commander. Start the first mission, and the loading screen comes up. The bar goes all the way full, and I wait for several minutes. One time I waited an hour just to see if it needed a long time to load the first time, but it never did. I don't get an error message of any kind, nor does my game crash. I can just tab out no problem. Is anyone else having this issue? What are some troubleshooting suggestions you may have? All help is appreciated, happy hunting to all. Thanks
reedj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-23, 09:40 AM   #1619
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

reedj40! & Jaggs90!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-23, 10:30 AM   #1620
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default reedj40

not to be a pain, but these steps are easy to miss :

did you set the 3 files SH3.exe, Cmdr.exe and JSGME.exe to a compatibillity of Win 7 and run as administrator. In my rush, I messed up here once and assuming I did set these, I was pulling my hair out. Easy to miss.

did you start the game with the SH3.exe, first to set the "SAVE" folder