SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-23, 01:48 PM   #1
DuckiestBoat959
Nub

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for some help editing models

This an explanation, if you want to skip to the question part I'll make it full caps.
I've been studying CAD for over a year now and thought I'd get some experience working with one of my favorite subs; Project 651. I remember there being a really good rendition on SH4 years back. I recently downloaded it again and really just wanted to dig into it and see what tweaks I could make to the 3D model.(its for personal use only, I'm not sharing it anywhere)

My current bottleneck is how exactly I can view the submarine model itself. I'm pretty sure its located here. C:\Users\Ducki\Desktop\Projekt 651\Data\Submarine\NSS_651

I've attached a screengrab of the page.

Right now I'm limited to Rhino 7, Fusion 360 and Blender for modelling. I don't need the textures. Right now I'm solely interested in dissecting and manipulating the model. I'm not worried if it doesn't work as a game model anymore. I just want to work with a model of a sub I'm familiar with.

MY QUESTIONS ARE HERE
Which one of these files pictured contains the 3d model?
How do I open said file? i.e. software needed?
Can the file be converted and imported to one of my previously mentioned programs? Rhino, Fusion, Blender?

I know a lengthy answer may be required. So I'm open to chatting privately if anyone is willing to help a novice.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to credit jhapprich for the Projekt 651
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-04-16 141303.jpg (12.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DuckiestBoat959; 04-16-23 at 01:58 PM.
DuckiestBoat959 is offline   Reply With Quote