SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-23, 10:57 PM   #1
Habu_ss
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 2
bullhorn DTUBH VoiceAttack Profile Updated for Release 1.0

I have posted version 1.4 of the DTUBH VoiceAttack Profile in downloads, which is updated for Destroyer: the U-boat Hunter version 1.0.

Changes to the profile include:
  • Control locations updated for DTUBH v1.0; and
  • Single 'new course' command that interprets voice as 3 digits (previously uploaded on its own); and
  • Stations selected by their shortcut key (1-5) by VA; and
  • A memory of the station you are on, so going from 'Tactical' to 'Radar' is a single-click by VA* (only works if only VA is used to change station); and
  • Modified depth charge commands and interface; and
  • Merged lookout commands; and
  • Single 'zoom' command that works on lookouts and gun director; and
  • Standard rudder command at 15°, full rudder command at 25° (hard rudder is as before).
* Sub-stations within Combat and Lookout are not remembered, but Sonar and TRR are, so VA would press '2' to go from bridge to TRR when TRR was the last 'sonar' station.

The workings of depth-charge commands are a bit different.
  1. With no depth-charges loaded, say 'Ready depth-charge <depth> <pattern>', with depth 'shallow', 'medium' or 'deep' and pattern 'narrow' or 'wide'.
  2. Once depth-charges are loaded, say 'Depth-charge <depth>' or 'Depth-charge <pattern>'; these are implemented as different commands VoiceAttack will figure-out which one of these different commands to use.
  3. Say 'drop' to drop the depth-charges; the command 'fire' is not included in this profile because I have found VoiceAttack recognises 'fire' in error.
  4. You shouldn't need to use 'depth charge init'; it simply clicks the depth-charge icon.

A full list of enabled commands is attached.

Note that the shortcuts are currently disabled; please re-enable them if you use them. You will have to chose between assigning 'z' to 'zoom' and 'binoculars' because these are now different commands.

Many thanks to Gwenydd for the original profile, Onkel Neal for hotkeys and the video introducing me to VoiceAttack, and Digital Trucker for the multi-resolution compatibility. I would not have anything to work on here without those before me.

Good hunting (or is that only for submariners?),
Habu
Attached Files
File Type: txt destroyer_the_u-boat_hunter_v1_4-profile.txt (2.2 KB, 9 views)
Habu_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-23, 01:49 AM   #2
iron_wolf_studio
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

iron_wolf_studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 03:53 AM   #3
MeinSebastian
Cadet

Downloads: 0

Hi Habu_ss,

Thank you for the update on the DTUBH VoiceAttack Profile for Destroyer: the U-boat Hunter version 1.0. It's great to see the continued improvement and refinement of the profile. The added features, such as the single 'new course' command and the memory of the station you are on, seem very convenient for a smoother gameplay experience.

I appreciate the detailed explanation of the changes, especially regarding the modified depth charge commands and the note about the shortcuts being currently disabled. Your instructions on how to use the depth-charge commands are clear and helpful.

It's also nice to see your acknowledgments and gratitude to Gwenydd, Onkel Neal, and Digital Trucker for their contributions and support. Team efforts like these truly enhance the gaming community.

I'll make sure to check out the updated profile and give it a go during my next gaming session. Once again, thanks for your dedication and hard work in providing this update.

Happy hunting!

Best regards, Sebastian
MeinSebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 10:27 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

MeinSebastion!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote