SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-22, 05:33 AM   #196
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Archive1 below a good site for convoy info i use it all the time when adding convoys to LSH2020/2022 when on main page click on site map then all convoy codes are listed then all convoys for that convoy prefix code are listed also

http://convoyweb.org.uk/

England East Coast Convoys under FN prefix

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-10-22 at 05:56 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 11:24 AM   #197
Hans benker
Nub

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default SILENT HUNTER III need help

I bought the game silent hunter 3 to remember the moments from years ago when I played this game.
Unfortunately, the game was for old versions of Windows XP or whist
I have a laptop with windows 10 and unfortunately, the game does not start on this windows
I am looking for a professional who will guide me step by step to success and I will be able to run the game on windows 10
On this server, I tried to run SH3 but also without success
PLEASE HELP
contact on email or FB
bbrown.m@googlemail.com
Marcin Brown - facebook
Hans benker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 11:32 AM   #198
Hans benker
Nub

Downloads: 15
Default Silent Hunter III need help

I bought the game silent hunter 3 to remember the moments from years ago when I played this game.
Unfortunately, the game was for old versions of windows XP or whist
I have a laptop with windows 10 and unfortunately, the game does not start on this windows
I am looking for a professional who will guide me step by step to success and I will be able to run the game in windows 10
On this server, I tried to run SH3 but also without success
PLEASE HELP
Hans benker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 11:43 AM   #199
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Hans Benker you have a PM from me that should get you up and running with SH3
Old 12-15-22, 12:06 AM   #200
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

B'Swan:
You have a new post from a new guy having problems, so yes, take care of him first. But...
As an old mariner (age 88) I don't think I understand your instructions for the convey problem. I've worked with SH3 etc for decades. But I cannot understand why the screen is empty of any (I mean any) shipping around the British Isles on Mar or April of 1940. That makes no sense, and I do not think that the 'player' should have to add convoys or ships to make the screen reflect reality. This is a major failure of design and not something that the (probably young) historically empty player should have to plug in. Yeah I did look at trying your suggestion, but really, I couldn't make it work...nor should I have to. I do (repeat do) support the SH3 and LSH3 community, but...This is a really major problem.
-=Archive1=-
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 01:15 AM   #201
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
But I cannot understand why the screen is empty of any (I mean any) shipping around the British Isles on Mar or April of 1940.
Hi Archive1,

If I'm understanding correctly you're not seeing any contact icons on the map. Could be a realism settings issue. Check the settings on the screen just before you start the patrol - the one where you receive your grid assignment instructions. Ensure "No map contact update" is unchecked. Double negative that one, can be confusing.

If that's not the issue then I'd be looking at any mods you might be running in addition to LSH, which may be affecting the contact icons specifically or indirectly.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 06:03 AM   #202
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Archive1 ive looked at the stock LSH-2022 Random Rnd Leyer in mission editor Sir theres plenty of naval traffic heading up and down the east coast of England

Just before you launch your patrol when in homebase ensure you set the realism settings to your liking dont have no map contact updates checked also when your at periscope depth dont click on your sonarman to do a sonar sweep to pick up ships/convoy contacts do the sonar sweep yourself your hearing is a lot better than the Sonarguy Happy Hunting Sir.

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-15-22 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-17-22, 08:04 PM   #203
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
Thanks for the reply. I have checked, accepted all the realism settings except have not checked manual loading and no map update, so it should display. Yes, I know the mission editor show lots and I have usually and routinely gotten an increasingly cluttered screen as time progresses in a patrol - I mark each contact for future awareness of busy lanes. Actually the last patrol resulted in a few more contacts - not many but more than the previous 2 or 3 patrols that on occasion displayed none at all...not one. Hence my query.

Re: sonar - I was going to message you that I was used to spinning the sonar wheel myself in SH3 (especially later in time when anti sub patrols are out in force and early contact becomes critical to survival) because, you are right, the sonar guy is a bit deaf at a distance. But I don't seem to get any sonar return indication, no blip on the dial or sound when I do the same with my install of LSH3 - but admit I have not tried it too often. Will explore further.

Appreciate the exchange - and a pleasant coming Holiday and New Year to you and the LSH3 community.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-18-22, 11:41 PM   #204
Archive1
Commander

A follow up to the last msg:
I have now opened access to the Sonar room and have access to the listening rotator and screen. I do properly get contacts, but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.
And I have checked realism settings for this Captain. I have not checked the "no map updates"...as I thought was true, since I never do. I deleted the last patrol and will set out again to see how many convoys/ships appear on the map, besides those within a near distance now that I am positive that they should appear in significant numbers in mid 1940.
-=Archive=-
Old 12-19-22, 05:54 PM   #205
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.
I have the same.

However, I adjust the screen with the 'free look' until the whole dial is visible somewhat. Then lock the screen, and then drag the hydrophone needle around.

If it locks to the pad again, I just F5 to the map, then "H" back to the hydrophone station and try again.

Can get a bit frustrating though.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 08:03 PM   #206
Archive1
Commander

Default Sonar Notepad

Darkside:
Hmmm. It feels good not being alone re: the sonar notepad. By the "free look" do you mean using the Shift+F2 to use the 'free camera forward' to move from the control room into the Sonar room? And "lock the screen"...not sure what this is. Which I presume frees up the cursor. No? Probably just getting lost in simple terminology.

I would have thought this problem would have been cleaned up with the shift from 2020 to 2022, but presume the death of the premier leader of LSH3 (alas, I cannot immediately recall his name...something that will happen to all of us ultimately) understandably had an adverse effect on some things.

Enjoy your southern hemisphere "summer" - I think you are down there somewhere. We are freezing here in the Pac Northwest USA.
-=Archive=-
Old 12-23-22, 10:33 AM   #207
Maddin25
Watch

Downloads: 47

Quote:
A follow up to the last msg:
I have now opened access to the Sonar room and have access to the listening rotator and screen. I do properly get contacts, but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.
And I have checked realism settings for this Captain. I have not checked the "no map updates"...as I thought was true, since I never do. I deleted the last patrol and will set out again to see how many convoys/ships appear on the map, besides those within a near distance now that I am positive that they should appear in significant numbers in mid 1940.
-=Archive=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3 View Post
I have the same.

However, I adjust the screen with the 'free look' until the whole dial is visible somewhat. Then lock the screen, and then drag the hydrophone needle around.

If it locks to the pad again, I just F5 to the map, then "H" back to the hydrophone station and try again.

Can get a bit frustrating though.

Known bug which will be fixed with the next update by LSH Team.
Old 12-24-22, 11:53 PM   #208
Archive1
Commander

Default Displayed shipping 1940

Blackswan:
First a Happy Holiday to you, and I don't expect any reply for a while...but: here is my attempt to show you the full screen on Jun 15, 1940. Please note the absence of any (any) shipping around the British Isles. And this is after about a week's departure from Base. During the entire time only a few green and blue (neutral and friendly) ships appeared, and those only along the departure route from Will'haven.

One cannot believe this is a realistic presentation of the shipping around GB or the French coast, or the Channel at this time and date. Especially since the underlying design program includes a considerable number of convoys and ships.

My settings in Data/Contacts are: Range to Opp. 1300 Km, Range to Imp. 2500 Km.

I have little experience in attaching any image to these messages, so I hope this does show up. If not lemme know.

Have a fine Holiday.

[IMG]desktop/screenshot(5).tga[/IMG]

-=Archive1=-
Old 12-24-22, 11:59 PM   #209
Archive1
Commander

Default Hydrophone

Madden:
I have found when I am on the map, if I put the cursor in the far, far corner (doesn't matter which) and then hit H to go to the Sonar room, I am no longer fixed on the dreaded notebook and can access either the wheel or the dial to survey the region. However, it is not more sensitive to the contact than the icon Sonar figure. the latter seems to be pretty reliable...unlike the original in SH3.
Happy Holidays.
-=Archive1=-+
Old 12-31-22, 12:11 AM   #210
kaleu
Swabbie

Downloads: 250
Default Stern torpedo crew issue

Once stern reload is finished, I cannot return crew to rest because cursor activates gauge panel before cursor reaches the stern room. The gauge panel covers the entire room while the cursor is visible on top of the panel but does not work. I have to complete game without 5-6 crewmen. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.