Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-13, 09:34 AM   #1606
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scümbagfuhrer View Post
Hello, I just had my first major CTD, and now my savegame is broken. I know I can start a new profile, but at least, can I import my old savegame stats into the new one? Like promotion points and renown?
Hi

I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work as long as file formats and the contents are kept.

Give it a try and report back please
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:10 PM   #1607
Scümbagfuhrer
Watch

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi

I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work as long as file formats and the contents are kept.

Give it a try and report back please
Can you tell me how to do that? Im afraid Im gonna mess entire savegame
Scümbagfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 08:40 AM   #1608
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default @ Scümbagfuhrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scümbagfuhrer View Post
Can you tell me how to do that? Im afraid Im gonna mess entire savegame
Hi again Scümbagfuhrer

Let's see if this works, I haven't tried it myself before so I can't guarantee anything

1) Copy the folder; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' and save it, e.g. on your desktop, in this folder you find, among other ones, the following folders;
1b) 'SH5\data\Users\Your current captain's name\Campaign' (that contains two files > 'CampaignProgress' and 'Campaign')
1c) 'SH5\data\cfg'

2) Delete the folder; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5'

3) Start SH5 (now a new 'C:\User\Documents\SH5' folder will be created)

4) Create a new profile

5) Start a new campaign save it and exit SH5

6) Copy the two files mentioned above in point 1b

7) Paste them into the new 'C:\User\Documents\SH5\data\Users\Your new captain's name\Campaign

8) Go to your folder copy on the desktop and find the folder 'SH5\data\cfg' (mentioned in point 1c above) - copy the whole folder

9) Paste it into the new 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data' folder (that was created in point 3 above) and let overwrite

If this shouldn't work you can just copy the folder you saved on your desktop in point 1 above and paste it into; C:\Users\Documents and let overwrite

Even if I haven't tried this myself I think this should work

Can anyone confirm this please

Old 06-16-13, 03:41 AM   #1609
Cpt Tuna
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default Periscope Problem

Hello everyone, i am very new to SUBSIM (today) and i have just encountered a problem. I was Silent Hunter 5, the campaign and advanced into a new sub. After some looking around i found some merchants and went into periscope depth, and to my surprise the periscope would max its length up about 1-2 meters below the surface. I have looked around as to what the problem may be but i'm just not sure. I just added...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith

...so maybe i did something wrong. If anyone knows anything that would be helpful, Thanks a bunch

(PS- Not exactly sure if this is where this link should go so forgive me if im posting this in the wrong spot.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-06-16_00001.jpg (67.8 KB, 23 views)
Cpt Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 04:36 PM   #1610
terryr51
Nub

Downloads: 0
Install problems

I have a MAC and I can run SH5 on Parallels Desktop using Windows XP but it doesn't run well. I started using Bootcamp and put in Windows 7. When I installed SH5 it told me I have no memory (I have 24 Gigs) and the worst part is that I have no direction control down on the lower left corner. I have tried re-enstalling it and always get the same thing. Any ideas. . .anybody???
terryr51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 12:51 PM   #1611
Catmanlew
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Hi everyone,
I'm a newby with the name of Catmanlew. (LEW to my friends)

I have completed the SH5 training mission and have just put to sea on my 1st patrol.
I order Periscope depth, stop all engines and trot off to the Hydrophone room to find the crew operating the thing, however! I cant hear anything.
I sit myself in front oh the hydrophone controls only to find that I cannot move the listening direction and cant hear a darn thing.

I surface the boat and move to the radio room only to find the same thing! The Radio is not working.

Last but not least! LAG. I am on 40MG broadband and have never ever had such bad lag in any game! Could it be UPLAY? And what can be done about it???
My SH5 is ver 1.2.0 out of the box

Graphics card is 3D acceleration by NVIDIA Geforce 8600 gt

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name AUBREY-1A317355
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2401 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0701, 02/10/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name AUBREY-1A317355\Administrator
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 778.81 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.95 GB
Page File Space 3.85 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Any help will be appreciated.
Lew.
Catmanlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 01:37 PM   #1612
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

You need the Anti-lag mod then (search in SH5 mods forum) and you need my Generic Patcher (again located in SH5 mods forum)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 01:50 PM   #1613
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmanlew View Post
...I cant hear anything.
...I cannot move the listening direction and cant hear a darn thing.
I surface the boat and move to the radio room only to find the same thing! The Radio is not working.

Last but not least! LAG. I am on 40MG broadband and have never ever had such bad lag in any game! Could it be UPLAY?

Hi Lew and welcome to Subsim - the best community on the web

This sounds like you're running out of memory. You should have at least 4 GB

But - just to try you could increase your virtual memory from the current 2 Gb (= 2 x 1024 MB) to;
((2x1024 MB) x 1.5) = 3072 MB

As for the lag - are you playing online?
Anyway, I don't think this is because of UPlay

> try this one d3d Antilag

It can make your gameplay smoother, keeps the FPS under a given level and you avoid jumping FPS up and down.
This is not an ordinary mod that you activate with JSGME! Make sure you read the 'readme.txt' file.

The d3d Antilag comes with just two files (antilag.cfg & d3d9.dll)
You put them in the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder. That's all

To start with I recommend you try these values in the 'antilag.cfg' file (open with e.g. note pad);

RenderAheadLimit=1
FPSlimit=34

When you're done make sure you save it in the same format (.cfg)

If you still get lag >
RenderAheadLimit=0
FPSlimit=33

Try other settings of your choice.
T
he RenderAheadLimit heavy on your RAM and CPU
The FPSlimit determines the maximum FPS and you should keep it >33<40 to get SH5 smoother

Still - to avoid lag and to get most out of SH5 I'm sure you really should get yourself more RAM. I recommend at least 8 GB.Memory is quite cheap these days.

Please report back captain

Old 06-28-13, 01:41 PM   #1614
Lucky007
Nub

Downloads: 87
Default wont load saved Blockage of Germany Mission

Gentlemen, and I use the term lightly.

Running in a bit of a problem reloading saved games'
I am currently trying to complelet the campain
First two missions went well . no problem saving and loading the missions

But in part three the Blockaged of Germany. Everytime I try to continue, or load in a save Miision, I am sent back to the Uplay lobby with the Thank you for playing screen.

The only way to load back in is by loading in the begginning of the Third mission, Losing any progress that I have made.

Any Ideal Ladies
Lucky007
Lucky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 03:20 AM   #1615
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky007 View Post
Running in a bit of a problem reloading saved games...
Everytime I try to continue, or load in a save Miision, I am sent back to the Uplay lobby with the Thank you for playing screen.
The only way to load back in is by loading in the begginning of the Third mission, Losing any progress that I have made.
Hi Lucky007,

Welcome to the best of forums you'll ever find on the internet!

You say you have problems loading a saved game. Sounds very much like what I and Scümbagfuhrer discussed above (please see posts # 1607 - 1610)
I haven't heard anything from him on if he tried this solution but as he's quiet I hope it all worked well.

You could try what I wrote in post # 1610. This way you should keep your progress.
But - remember to keep a backup of the files in the instruction that you save on your desktop.
Old 06-29-13, 10:29 PM   #1616
Lucky007
Nub

Downloads: 87

Hey Silent Steel
Thanks for the reply

I took your advice and started to do what u suggested
And in the process I may have found another bug, But it seems to be working in my favor.

See if this makes sense to y, got me stumped.

I moved my /Document/SH5 folder to my desk top,
Started my game, started a new campaine when I went to save it, low and behold there were all my saved games ,?????, so I tied to load one and no problem, Now remember I did not recopy any thing back to the new SH5 folder.
When I exit the game same thing again, I cant reload any of the Part 3 mission, it sends me back to the Uplay lobby.

But if I repeat the process above. I can continue where I left off.
Each time deleting , or moving the doc/sh5 folder to my desk top
start a new campain. then exit and load in the last mission.

Funny how my saved missions are there even though I havent copyed any files back??????
Im not sure why this is working,,But so far so good
Thanks again mate for your concern

Luck007
Run Silent Run Deep
Lucky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 06:34 AM   #1617
Fregattenkapitän
Watch

Downloads: 50

I got a bug

Its when i use periscope depth, and i click on it
the game shuts off.

I got 3 mods installed

The antilagfile
IRAI mod
MCCD "More Crew Commands by Dialog" MOD

In the stock game, it worked fine.

Edit, works fine now, problem fixes.

Last edited by Fregattenkapitän; 07-08-13 at 01:20 PM.
Fregattenkapitän is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 01:28 AM   #1618
simonf
Swabbie

Downloads: 108
SHO Troubleshooting Lag

Fellow Kaleuns may benefit from my recent lag troubleshooting.

I have a fairly powerful rig (i7-2600@ 3.7GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD, AMD HD 6870 GPU overclocked by about 10%, 1920x1080 LCD, Win 7 64 bit).

I use Sober's modlist, TDW's patches, speech control, Open Horizons, and a few others, all of which have been stable enough to get me to the Mediterranean campaign without cheating or too much frustration.

Realism, Sounds, and Graphics are all cranked pretty high.

After a few months not playing, I fired up SH5 the other day and Uplay insisted on upgrading. After eventually getting that to work (finding passwords etc), I continued my campaign only to find the lag so bad I couldn't play. Characters moved in slow jerks, sounds played on noticeably repetitive loops, and any mouse movement took forever. In short, it was horrible.

I loaded a savegame in the bunker, which was OK, but as soon as I boarded the sub, the problem was so extreme I couldn't play.

Resource Monitor showed all 4 CPUs running well below 50% utilisation, disk and network activity were negligible, and memory was less than 70% utilised.

I installed the Kegety's anti-lag mod, which helped a little, but nowhere near enough to be playable.

To troubleshoot, I turned all graphics settings to low and restarted. Smooth as butter, but not quite the eye candy I'm used to, so I cranked up all the graphics options I could, one by one, without forcing a restart. Everything was fine until I took "shadows" above the middle of the slider.

Leaving shadows at mid-setting, I then cranked up the other settings like texture and anti-aliasing to the max, restarted, and it all looks great.

Conclusion:
High Shadow Setting causes lag on my rig. This is either a new phenomenon due to a change I've made to my system, or the recent UPlay update changed my SH5 graphics options somehow.

The following changes have taken place since I last played and had no issues:
  • Various windows Updates
  • Installed IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, DCS World, DCS A-10, ARMA3 Alpha and Beta
  • Uplay update

Bottom Line - TL/DR:
If you suddenly experience lag or performance issues with SH5, disable shadows and see if that fixes it. You can gradually turn them up later to find the optimum setting.

If you have always had lag or performance issues, set your graphics options to "Low" and restart. Then gradually increase the options one by one to see where the performance issue creeps in. Most can be adjusted without restarting, so do those first. If you change something and it wants you to restart, just undo your change (hit back if you can't remember exactly what you changed) and try something else. Once you get it humming with those changes, continue with the settings that require a restart, but do it one by one again to find what breaks performance.

Happy Hunting!
simonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 06:05 AM   #1619
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Good post Simon and thanks for sharing
Old 08-01-13, 12:07 PM   #1620
cadcox84
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 25

Hello,

I am new to the boards and I am looking for some help! I recently got the urge to pick up SH5 and play again. After some updating and such the game will not launch. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and every time I try to launch the game the little box pops up and goes away .....then nothing. I am sure this has been addressed before if some one could please point me in the right direction on how to fix the issue I would be grateful.

Thanks!

On a side note this site is amazing!!
cadcox84 is offline   Reply With Quote