Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-07, 08:05 PM   #1
DAB
Lieutenant

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default BNP on the news desk

I noticed the link to the BNP on the forums homepage.

Does this website have a policy regarding the bounds between Free Speech and Censorship vis a vis the Far Right? If so, what is it?

The BNP are the legal decendents of the British Union of Facists, though their message has always erred more towards NAZI ideals rather then Faciest, and the link takes you to a website that promotes racial hatred towards a number of groups including Asians, Africans, Muslims, Jews and Irish.

In my own opinion, I'd rather the link is removed, though primarily this post is to be sure that subsim.com knows what the BNP actually are.
Old 12-09-07, 08:20 PM   #2
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was quite surprised to see that too, however the link was in fact dead when I tried it, although a page with that story can still be found on a pro BNP website I tracked down, which I think was called something like 'the green arrow', or a name similar to that, certainly don't intend to frequent that site so didn't commit it to memory. I suspect that a lot of people outside of the UK would not be aware of the BNP's racist connotations, so I imagine that's why it showed up on the links page, being sort of a naval story.

As it turns out, the BNP are jumping on the recent 'RN could not fight a major war' comments, and the poor showing of the crew captured by the Iranians a while back, to tout their pseudo patriotic nonsense. I daresay a few will fall for it too.

Chock