SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-24, 06:20 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Wowh, now this is what I call a Starship...!

Far from completed and done, an ongoign project, but there really is architectural and design competence behind it. You can download the demo from Steam. I did, and walked the ship an all 5 or 6 - mostly empty - decks, but the vision illustrated behind this really is stunning. This could become what I dreamed of to have when Star Trek Next Generation was a new show on TV. A complex starship wiht many floors and halls and rooms and cabins, all working, functional, and interacting technical systems behind it all.

https://www.youtube.com/@StarshipSimulator/videos
Old 05-07-24, 05:56 AM   #2
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I've got X3 Reunion in my pile of "video games still-to-play"... this new realisation of the genre will surely be a quantum leap over that

I expect you've played X3 - was it as good as it seemed?
Old 05-07-24, 06:23 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I've got X3 Reunion in my pile of "video games still-to-play"... this new realisation of the genre will surely be a quantum leap over that

I expect you've played X3 - was it as good as it seemed?
I played X Rebirth, which came later, and for some time, a year or so, very intensely so. The interface was confused, took time to get into, but I learned and the overall game I found very enjoyable.
The successor to X Rebirth I tried in VR, but in the starting phase of the title VR and controls did not work well, I do not know if that changed. And after the intense X Rebirth playing phase my appetite for X gameplay was not big enough to play it in 2D. I refunded, therefore, even more so as it had, like the X games before, teething problems. Dont know what became of it.

If VR, you gotta do it right, then its brilliant - else you better dont care to do it at all.

---------

Regarding Starship Simulator, I still have no real impression of how the game will play like, whether it will bind longterm interest due to surprises, mission design or whatever they plan to make the universe the Starship moves in a living , convicning place. If the gameplay beside the Stzarship deisgn is interesting, this could become a real big thing. Even more so since they want to add VR. More a "living aboard a flying village"-sort of sim.