SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-22, 04:52 PM   #4801
nionios
Soundman

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

It was given a new boat between missions.
Reloaded the game at port and the problem solved.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 08:25 PM   #4802
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
Here again the torpedo loadout bug.
But now it's more frustrating because there's one empty aft tube and no available Mk14.Is there any way to fully load with Mk14?
Your image refuses to display, and you do not mention which boat you are in, where you sailed from nor the date. Do you have those details? We must have the data to be able to find the issue. More below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
What is the bug doing?
If it's not reloading you because you still have some fish left then for the meantime I would fire them all off before coming into port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
did the "missed load" occur during an at-sea refit or between missions while you were in port?
Quote:
It was given a new boat between missions.
Reloaded the game at port and the problem solved.
If you are in an S-Boat, they are supposed to only use the Mark 10 torpedoes. If you empty your stores and come back in to home port and End Patrol and dock, you will be re-loaded with Mark 14s, which is not historical, but is an SH4 problem. You can swap them out "for free" prior to departure - if you remember to. No problem if you forget though, since the game doesn't care and will allow you to shoot them anyway. As hunter301 and KaleunMarco point out, there are some "finer points" to loading-out, both prior to departure on patrol, while on patrol, and coming back in from patrol. If you like certain torpedoes in your submarine, and you paid extra renown for them when you left on patrol, be sure and re-fit prior to docking, even if you do that at home port. It will re-load you with the same set of torpedoes - without any more renown cost. After that, then dock, and when you leave on the next patrol, you should have your load-out. Just do not forget that when you "Re-Fit" first, you do have to load a torpedo into a tube in order to start that process, then you can "Re-Fit" again, and fill the rest of the slots...

Not seeing what your boat is, or what you had, but you wanted another Mark14. If you had Mark23s, they are basically the Mark14 but without the low speed setting, so use one of those. The Mark 18s are the electrics, and are an excellent choice for the first shots of an engagement, especially at night. No one knows they're on their way until they are almost there. The different torpedoes in the load-out in real life was almost always a function of availability. In 1942, there were not enough torpedoes at all, especially in Fremantle, so some subs went on patrol with 3x mine torpedoes. You would shoot one out of a bow tube, and it would "split" into three mines. The game should have those, but alas, does not. You might notice that Mark10s are available to the fleetboats for a short time, but at a premium. When the Pearl command started making repairs to the Mark14 impact pistol, that is the impetus behind the Mark23, but production could not keep up with the Mark14 demand, much less more Mark23 weapons. When the Mark18 came out just after that, again, there were not enough to go around. It was not until well into 1944 that the torpedo production started catching-up with the demand, and of course, the submariners were running out of targets by then...

As to what can happen in FotRSU, there has been a fifth torpedo slot since we don't know when. We cannot find the version that was introduced in just yet, but it was after the beta, and prior to v1.46 - that we know. We do know the origin of that error now, and it is "repaired" in the upcoming v1.8, which keeps getting delayed due to real life issues, but hopefully won't be much longer. This issue did not affect anything other than giving the player a slight advantage. If you had anything other than what has been mentioned, we definitely want to hear about it and see that picture you have so that we can possibly find the trouble. Getting a new boat does not solve the problem, only pushes it under the rug from the next person to trip over... So if you would, let us know please!

PS: sorry for the wall of text... I'm sure KM appreciates it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 06:06 AM   #4803
nionios
Soundman

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Your image refuses to display, and you do not mention which boat you are in, where you sailed from nor the date. Do you have those details? We must have the data to be able to find the issue. More below...

Well, ended patrol with S-18 at Brisbane early May 1942.I was offered a Salmon class and transferred to Abany SW Australia.
So there was a swift from a sub using Mk 10s to a sub using Mk 14s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (16.5 KB, 6 views)
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 06:48 AM   #4804
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
radar Any ideas for the future.

Will the team be doing any new versions of FOTRS?

Kongo.
Old 06-28-22, 08:11 AM   #4805
propbeanie

Quote:
Well, ended patrol with S-18 at Brisbane early May 1942.I was offered a Salmon class and transferred to Abany SW Australia.
So there was a swift from a sub using Mk 10s to a sub using Mk 14s.
Ah-ha! Now I see it, and yes, that is the same problem with the S18 that has been there since Day1 with the Stock game. Ubisoft does not refer to that as a "bug" - but they also do not say "Known Issue". They just ignored it.

As mentioned, if you come in with empty torpedo stores on an S boat, the game will 'automatically' load you up with Mark14 torps, which is the game's "default" behavior. However, if you catch that before going on patrol again, you can swap them out for 'free'. Coming back in with one Mark10 left will result in a Mark10 reload. We do mention that in a "Known Issues" pdf file in the Support folder of the mod. We did attempt to fix the issue by listing the Mark10 torpedoes first in the weapons list, but then the fleetboats get loaded up with Mark10 torps if you come in with empty bunkers... sigh - tis so much FUN to mod... (keep repeating that, and it will be so...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongovsfuso142 View Post
Will the team be doing any new versions of FOTRS?
Well... buried in that wall of text above:
Quote:
... We do know the origin of that error now, and it is "repaired" in the upcoming v1.8, which keeps getting delayed due to real life issues, but hopefully won't be much longer...
Not nitpicking but to avoid confusion with 'names', this is FotRSU - "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate", which is just a re-worked FOTRS. The FOTRS tag is for the AOTD_MadMax team's original "Fall of the Rising Sun" mod. This "Ultimate" version has all versions of FOTRS rolled into it, along with new stuff.

Old 06-28-22, 10:02 AM   #4806
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
PS: sorry for the wall of text... I'm sure KM appreciates it...

https://media.giphy.com/media/521JLj...WsZ5/giphy.gif

{i need some re-training on how to get a giphy into a post}

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:11 PM   #4807
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Default Transferred from Freemantle to Pearl

FOTRSU v7 p3, Tambor out of pearl Sept 16 '42

I remember from earlier version that when you make a transfer you get the same mission that was already waiting for you at you prior port. Then you would get missions put out by the new port.

I've tried twice, both from Fremantle to Pearl. first time I figured I might have screwed something up: I ran TC way up by mistake (july'42 tambor also. first mission Banda sea, then sent west to Java sea)

This trip I had the Sulu Sea, then got sent southwest to Makassar Strait, zone F7.

It appears that all missions might still be from Fremantle data.

Any thoughts about this?

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 04:41 PM   #4808
propbeanie

Quote:

That site appears to have been hacked, and only goes to reddit now when you click on the gif... very disappointing, since they somehow soak-up all of the 'search engine' "hits"... but you used to do them with regular img tags. Can't do that now with their site... reminds me of that one photo site... can't even remember its name anymore... weenies though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
FOTRSU v7 p3, Tambor out of pearl Sept 16 '42

I remember from earlier version that when you make a transfer you get the same mission that was already waiting for you at you prior port. Then you would get missions put out by the new port.

I've tried twice, both from Fremantle to Pearl. first time I figured I might have screwed something up: I ran TC way up by mistake (july'42 tambor also. first mission Banda sea, then sent west to Java sea)

This trip I had the Sulu Sea, then got sent southwest to Makassar Strait, zone F7.

It appears that all missions might still be from Fremantle data.

Any thoughts about this?
We'll look into that... should not be like that... Fremantle Tambor transfers to Pearl... So yes, after you apply for the transfer at Fremantle and are sent to Pearl, you should get the first mission as if you were still at Fremantle, but the rest after that should be CenPac missions, with the closest you getting to SoWesPac being the Luzon Straits, or the Philippine Sea east of Luzon...

Let me ask you this though, how, when and where did you get the Tambor you had at Fremantle?

Old 06-28-22, 04:45 PM   #4809
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:

I had that problem once KM, It took me a while before I worked it out.

Copy your .gif link and click on the "yellow and black insert image icon" above when posting, either remove the letters already there or paste directly over them, go to preview post and your .gif should be on display.

Old 06-28-22, 04:56 PM   #4810
propbeanie

Quote:
...We'll look into that..
Besides the first mission being a Fremantle-based mission, there is one possible call to the Solomons in "FifeTambor", which is an historically based mission in early 1943, but has a small, two week window where you have a chance at that call. Other than that, I see nothing that could possibly cause those other assignments... Can you upload your "Save" folder data somewhere mikesn9? Can you also post your full mods list from JSGME please? (and that sub info from above?) Thanks.

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-28-22 at 09:36 PM. Reason: missing words...
Old 06-28-22, 04:57 PM   #4811
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: mind... blown...

Many thanks for that 4-1-1 there, Moonlight...

Had wondered on how to go about gifs & ability to use them... thanx.

M. M.
Old 06-28-22, 05:02 PM   #4812
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Not a Big Fan of finding the download link to the Main Mod on Page 1 myself.

And seeing as the S-18 has NO rear torpedo doors?
WHY in God's name does it have slots for Torps in the AFT Room in the Sim file?

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 06-28-22 at 05:25 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 09:40 PM   #4813
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
... And seeing as the S-18 has NO rear torpedo doors?
WHY in God's name does it have slots for Torps in the AFT Room in the Sim file?
Probably because it came that way off the showroom floor in the Stock game. That's a picture of a Sargo in his post above.

Old 06-29-22, 09:49 AM   #4814
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I had that problem once KM, It took me a while before I worked it out.

Copy your .gif link and click on the "yellow and black insert image icon" above when posting, either remove the letters already there or paste directly over them, go to preview post and your .gif should be on display.

Retraining completed. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 11:52 AM   #4815
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Besides the first mission being a Fremantle-based mission, there is one possible call to the Solomons in "FifeTambor", which is an historically based mission in early 1943, but has a small, two week window where you have a chance at that call. Other than that, I see nothing that could possibly cause those other assignments... Can you upload your "Save" folder data somewhere mikesn9? Can you also post your full mods list from JSGME please? (and that sub info from above?) Thanks.

Mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisofdt\Wolves Of The Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3

Again Tambor out of Pearl 9/16/42.

And do you want the entire save folder? uploaded to where? I have a copy ready to send.

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote