SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-22, 02:12 PM   #3991
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Trump's now saying the FBI took three of his passports.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:18 PM   #3992
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I try not to judge a book by its cover so I began to read what you posted. When I got to the part about Antifa I had to stop. These people, Antifa are the exact opposite of anti Fascists. They are the Fascists who use violent intimidation against their political enemies and the press. And if you don't know that you are not paying attention to this group's activities in America. Their political and social opinions need to be judged on those grounds.
We have Antifa in Germany, too, especially amongst "woke" and "progressive" students, and they are a joke, and they are powergreedy fanatics, and to some extend they are dangerous, Marxist, and totalitarian in themselves. Still. There is more than just them. In Germany. In America. The article is not defending the Antifa, nor is it exclusively about them.
Old 08-15-22, 02:20 PM   #3993
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trump's now saying the FBI took three of his passports.

That gets my week started, late this day, but its a super liftoff.
Old 08-15-22, 02:31 PM   #3994
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I had some years ago two passport.

But three !?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:49 PM   #3995
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Very interesting article:

Quote:

Has Biden crossed the Rubicon?

Politically motivated gangsterism will only backfire, though at what price?
by Gary Anderson

August 14, 2022, 11:14 PM

Rome’s republic collapsed when its politicians started using the law to eliminate opponents, a custom that began with the Marius–Sulla civil war. The guy in power used the judiciary authority of the Roman Senate to eliminate his adversaries. The intended victim would raise legions and fleets in self-defense; this took money. The contender who could raise the most troops or who was the better tactician got to be in charge. Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon because he knew that his opponents in the Senate had decided to have him executed if he returned to Rome without the protection of his legions. He had violated several Roman Republic laws during his invasion of Gaul, but there would be no fair public trial. The concept of Roman justice was dead. From that point on, might made right.

By creating a separation of powers, our American Founding Fathers attempted to prevent a recurrence of the Roman tragedy. For nearly two and a half centuries, it has worked, but the raid on Mar-a-Lago last week signifies a very dangerous potential precedent. Trump may have mishandled government documents, but the reaction of the administration’s goons was clearly disproportionately strong. For the first time in the nation’s history, one political party is trying to use the law to prevent a potential presidential candidate from another party from running again. This is a very slippery slope. Biden is certainly no Caesar and Trump is no Pompey, but we are definitely headed in the wrong direction.

The Jan. 6 hearings, the New York State civil investigations into Trump’s business affairs, and the search for misappropriated White House documents are all clear attempts to convict Trump of some manner of felony in order to eliminate him as a political threat in the 2024 elections.

The Democrats have already impeached the former president twice and failed to convict him. Now they have invaded his private residence with a horde of heavily armed paramilitary agents under the pretext of searching for official documents. Roughly half of the American population views this for what it is: politically motivated gangsterism.

It is instructive that even though former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s misuse of private servers to conduct potentially classified government business was not seriously pursued by the ObamaBiden administration, mishandling of government documents has now become a political weapon against Trump. None of this justifies the attacks on government agents that some on the far right are calling for, but it is convincing many conservatives that the Democrats are practicing the politics of targeted political terror and using the instruments of governmental agencies to carry them out. Despite this, the editorial board of the Washington Post and several of its liberal house columnists defend this selective treatment of mishandling classified information because they loathe Trump personally. Democracy may or may not die in darkness; but, as in Germany in 1933, it definitely dies in government-sanctioned elimination of political rivals.
https://spectator.org/has-biden-crossed-the-rubicon/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:56 PM   #3996
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

"using the law to eliminate opponents"

Has it never crossed your mind that Trump could have removed these paper from the White house on purpose. Fully aware of what he was doing !?

Markus

Old 08-15-22, 03:13 PM   #3997
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
"using the law to eliminate opponents"

Has it never crossed your mind that Trump could have removed these paper from the White house on purpose. Fully aware of what he was doing !?

Markus

That's a pretty open ended question so let me give you an open ended answer; Yes, I have.

Old 08-15-22, 03:18 PM   #3998
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's a pretty open ended question so let me give you an open ended answer; Yes, I have.
Well it's up the prosecutor to convince the Jury and the Judge that Trump did it on purpose.

I do hope the jury and the judge is 150 % political neutral and only concentrate on the law.

Markus

Old 08-15-22, 03:45 PM   #3999
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

All I am getting from this tread is that Scandinavian countries need to be served papers of statehood and incorporated into the United States, You guys have a serious racial and diversity problem and our Democratic Party is just the institution to fix that

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 03:57 PM   #4000
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Well it's up the prosecutor to convince the Jury and the Judge that Trump did it on purpose.

I do hope the jury and the judge is 150 % political neutral and only concentrate on the law.

Markus
Did what on purpose? Anyone have a clue what documents were seized? I realize everything is conveniently classified so we just have to take their word for it AGAIN. And the informant is unknown AGAIN, and New York Times has all the information from anonymous “top” White House sources AGAIN.

Now admittedly I may have missed it. But does anyone know what documents were seized? And before you go off half cocked and tell me we don’t know because they’re classified. It’s been my personal experience handling those kinds of documents they all have in big bold letters the classification of the main text. But before the good stuff there is also a (U) preceding maybe one or two lines of text. That (U) is what’s called the unclas line. That allows someone, anyone to discuss the title of the document without divulging any of the juicy details. Kind of like if I asked you: “hey MARKUS have you seen message traffic about World’s on fire?” You respond: “Nope, what’s it about?” I then tell you: “None of your damn business, let me know if you find it. Now get back to work.”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-15-22 at 06:20 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 03:59 PM   #4001
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Markus

Did what exactly? Like Rockstar says so far it's all smoke and mirrors.

Old 08-15-22, 04:41 PM   #4002
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

The DOJ in response to not support the unsealing of the search affidavit calls it a "criminal investigation". The response also mentions that unsealing the affidavit would reveal information about witnesses and their statements.

Me thinks someone snitched.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...a-e73f29010000
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 04:42 PM   #4003
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Did what exactly? Like Rockstar says so far it's all smoke and mirrors.

Thank you August and Rockstar.

I mean
The intention behind -They found these paper at his Resident in Mar-A-Lago.

Did he planned on taking those paper with him when he left Washington, if so then he did it with full intention(On purpose).

It's the level of intention the prosecutor has to convince the jury. To send Trump 10 years behind bars-The prosecutor has to really convince the Jury and the judge that Trump had planned it and he had planned on using them-Selling them a.s.o.

Markus

Old 08-15-22, 04:46 PM   #4004
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Thank you August and Rockstar.

I mean
The intention behind -They found these paper at his Resident in Mar-A-Lago.

Did he planned on taking those paper with him when he left Washington, if so then he did it with full intention(On purpose).

It's the level of intention the prosecutor has to convince the jury. To send Trump 10 years behind bars-The prosecutor has to really convince the Jury and the judge that Trump had planned it and he had planned on using them-Selling them a.s.o.

Markus
lol they just took some "documents" so far, from where are you getting this jury and conviction thing? As we joked if this ever becomes a criminal thing all of you fools in Europe will have died of Zaporizhzhia poisoning before its even remotely resolved.

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 04:53 PM   #4005
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
lol they just took some "documents" so far, from where are you getting this jury and conviction thing? As we joked if this ever becomes a criminal thing all of you fools in Europe will have died of Zaporizhzhia poisoning before its even remotely resolved.
I didn't say that.
Personally I believe
Trump will be found not-guilty or he will get a fine.

Prison no. I do not believe this.

Markus