Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-22, 06:21 PM   #7591
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

According to news here and what Denys says in the beginning of this video

Iran is now taking active part in the war-They have instructors in Crimea where they train Russian in using their Kamikaze Drones.

So far it's only instructors Iran have send. Don't know if they are planning on sending ordinary combat soldiers.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-20-22, 06:32 PM   #7592
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

So far it's only instructors Iran have send. Don't know if they are planning on sending ordinary combat soldiers.

Markus
I may be radical there, but when you take side with one party in a war by instructing them or delivering them wepaons that you refuse to sell to the other side becaseu the other side is "the other side" and not he chosen side, then you are an active war participant in my book. That is true for Western nations, and of course also for Iran, like it is with Belarus, or historically like it was with China in Vietnam, the US in the Sovjet-Afghanistan war, and so forth.

You cannot meddle in any way in an active war and then claim you are no war party. That made never sense to me. You nonly do not take sides if you treta bboth sides euqlly: Either you support none of the warrying faction in their war effort, or in principle are willing to sell weapons to all of them. Only then you are "neutral" and treat both sides the same. But when you aid the one side and reject to do so for the other, you have taken sides.
Old 10-20-22, 06:39 PM   #7593
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ I think you missed this sentence above the video
"Iran is now taking active part in the war-They have instructors in Crimea where they train Russian in using their Kamikaze Drones."

Markus

Old 10-20-22, 06:52 PM   #7594
Skybird
Soaring

I wanted to point out that to me instructors ARE active combat soldiers.

In principle the Ukriane war has been a world war from beginning on, considering how any nations provide this or that form of militarily relevant informatin, assistance, aid, intel, weapons. Everybobdy denies it, however, because everybody is afraid of drawing the consequnce this confession would command. To admit that were are already fighting in an active war against Russia.

Considering the economic ties still existing even between Ukraine and Russia, the many sanctions and wanted holes in them, the complete absurdity of the mutual economic constellation, this war is utmost absurd indeed, in many regards. A really bizarr war.
Old 10-20-22, 07:00 PM   #7595
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I wanted to point out that to me instructors ARE active combat soldiers.

In principle the Ukriane war has been a world war from beginning on, considering how any nations provide this or that form of militarily relevant informatin, assistance, aid, intel, weapons. Everybobdy denies it, however, because everybody is afraid of drawing the consequnce this confession would command. To admit that were are already fighting in an active war against Russia.

Considering the economic ties still existing even between Ukraine and Russia, the many sanctions and wanted holes in them, the complete absurdity of the mutual economic constellation, this war is utmost absurd indeed, in many regards. A really bizarr war.
Aha then I have to agree on what you wrote.

You are also fully correct in saying it's a world war.

Speculation:
Now Iran is taking part together with Russian-Later Belarus will most likely join the party too and so will soldiers from NK.

For how long can we stay outside this war if this should happen ?

Markus

Old 10-20-22, 11:02 PM   #7596
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Instructors and technicians are not the same as Infantry, Calvary or Artillery. Those are the "Combat Arms" of an Army and what people normally refer to as "Combat Soldiers".

They are combatants yes but more along the lines of aircraft or ship crewmen. They would have combat troops assigned to protect the perimeter of their bases.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 10-21-22, 04:03 AM   #7597
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-21-22, 04:05 AM   #7598
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 66,750 people, 243 helicopters, 2,573 tanks, 1,648 artillery systems, 5,258 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian occupiers, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 21, the loss of enemy personnel are approximately 66,750 people.

This was reported in the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Censor.NET informs.

The total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 21/10 are approximately:

personnel - about 66,750 (+100) people were eliminated,
tanks - 2573 (+6) units,
armored combat vehicles - 5258 (+3) units,
artillery systems - 1648 (+2) units,
MLRS - 372 (+0) units,
air defense equipment - 189 (+0) units,
aircraft - 269 (+0) units,
helicopters - 243 (+0) units,
UAVs of operational-tactical level - 1325 (+14),
cruise missiles - 329 (+0),
ships/boats - 16 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 4006 (+1) units,
special equipment - 147 (+0). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3375257

Old 10-21-22, 04:07 AM   #7599
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

With troops in Belarus, Russian Federation may try to pull AFU from south or Donbas, - White House

Russia and Belarus may build up troops on the border with Ukraine to see if this will help draw Ukrainian forces away from the south or Donbas.

John Kirby, the strategic communications coordinator of the National Security Council at the White House, said this at a press conference, Censor.NET reports with reference to Liga.net.

The US saw an agreement between the Russian Federation and Belarus to deploy more troops and create something similar to territorial defense, Kirby said. But it remains to be seen whether this is a serious strategic move on the part of Belarus to intervene in Ukraine.

"It could be an attempt to just see if they can divert the armed forces to that part of their border so they can't be used elsewhere in the Donbas or the south, and that could be a tactic here," Kirby said.

So far, the US has seen no signs that Belarus is ready to directly invade Ukraine and fight, says a White House official. But Washington will monitor the situation as closely as it can.

Kirby also emphasized that Belarus served as a base for Russian troops for eight months.

"Belarus certainly provided material, moral and tangible support to the full-scale invasion of Ukraine," he added. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3375241

Old 10-21-22, 04:08 AM   #7600
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Occupiers are retreating from Kherson, preparing to blow up Kakhovka HPP dam, - ISW

Russia probably continues to prepare an operation under a "foreign flag" regarding the destruction of the Kakhovka HPP dam, for which it intends to blame Ukraine.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to data from the Institute for the Study of War (ISW).

Russian troops appear to be beginning to remove equipment and machinery from the west bank of the Dnieper in anticipation of an upcoming offensive by the Ukrainian army.

Experts cite messages from Kherson Telegram channels about the looting and removal of property and equipment from the city's fire station and also refer to satellite images that show cargo ferries transporting significant amounts of equipment and other cargo from the right bank of the Dnipro to the left and returning empty.

It seems that the Russian army learned a lesson from the panic retreat near Kharkiv, as a result of which a considerable amount of combat equipment, weapons, and ammunition was left to the Ukrainians, analysts conclude. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3375237

Old 10-21-22, 07:08 AM   #7601
Skybird
Soaring

The muddy season begins in Ukraine,slowing down Ukrainian tanks, but then winter comes when it all freeezes, and the tanks will advance faster again. I wonder what the freezing season will mean if the Russians blow up the dam and flood huge lands along the Dinjipr. These new water areas cannot be deep with water, but shallow, I would guess they would freeze, and then maybe be even more accessible and easier for tracks adn wheels alike to roll on than a mud desert freezing with an uneven surface. I dont know, but in the long run blowing up the dam maybe works against the Russians?! Is anyone here who has professional knowledge or practical experience on according stuff and matters who could assess this hypothesis?

And what would the then missing water west of the dam mean for the cooling of the nculear powerplant in Zaphorizhzia? Is it at risk?

Last edited by Skybird; 10-21-22 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-21-22, 11:33 AM   #7602
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 66,280 people, 2,554 tanks, 1,637 artillery systems, 5,235 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian invaders, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 19, the loss of enemy personnel is approximately 66,280.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 19/10 are approximately:

personnel - about 66,280 (+430) people were liquidated,
tanks ‒ 2554 (+6) units,
armored combat vehicles ‒ 5235 (+16) units,
artillery systems - 1637 (+15) units,
MRLS – 372 (+0) units,
air defense equipment ‒ 189 (+1) units,
aircraft – 269 (+1) units,
helicopters – 242 (+0) units,
UAVs of the operational-tactical level - 1286 (+10),
cruise missiles ‒ 323 (+5),
ships/boats ‒ 16 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 3999 (+14) units,
special equipment ‒ 146 (+2).
"The data is being verified," the message states. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3374737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 66,750 people, 243 helicopters, 2,573 tanks, 1,648 artillery systems, 5,258 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian occupiers, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 21, the loss of enemy personnel are approximately 66,750 people.

This was reported in the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Censor.NET informs.

The total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 21/10 are approximately:

personnel - about 66,750 (+100) people were eliminated,
tanks - 2573 (+6) units,
armored combat vehicles - 5258 (+3) units,
artillery systems - 1648 (+2) units,
MLRS - 372 (+0) units,
air defense equipment - 189 (+0) units,
aircraft - 269 (+0) units,
helicopters - 243 (+0) units,
UAVs of operational-tactical level - 1325 (+14),
cruise missiles - 329 (+0),
ships/boats - 16 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 4006 (+1) units,
special equipment - 147 (+0). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3375257
A slight gain in casualties since the 19th then? 530 more unhappy babushkas; 19 more tanks; 11 artillery pieces; 23 armored vehicles; 1 helicoptor; 1 special equipment...as the Russians say: "numbers have a cashet of their own"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-21-22, 12:57 PM   #7603
Skybird
Soaring

I had a closer look on the maps, regarding the riverways. What irritates me is that Putin on the one hand wants to keep the Krimea and before the war has accused Ukraine to have interruopted water supply for it (Kriema depnds on Ukriane for sweet water supply for the fertile famrign spoils it has), but that if he blows up that dam, the river leading from the Diniepr down to Krimea would run dry. The waster supply for Crimea then would come to an lastign end. Does htis mean her has already givne up Crimea?

I dont think so.

Which means the dam threta is just this: a threat.

The Ukraine however cannot afford to just assume that. If the Ukraine has thousands of troops and major parts of its combat equipment in Cherson and then the yget overflooded and drowned, a signficant part of its military power will be destroyed. I could imagien that this is a trap the Russian mount when their top egnerla recently reinterate dbow desperate the situation is and that Russia must be prepared to pull out (he did not say it, but implied it). If its a trap, the trap lies in luring the Ukrainians into Cherson and the surrounding area with significant parts of their combat power, and then annihilating it there by destroying the dam and drown them.

I think its just anotehr threat, but nobody can afford to just take it as that. One must deal with it as if it were serious. Anything else would be an insane gamble.
Old 10-21-22, 02:19 PM   #7604
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Aha then I have to agree on what you wrote.

You are also fully correct in saying it's a world war.

Speculation:
Now Iran is taking part together with Russian-Later Belarus will most likely join the party too and so will soldiers from NK.

For how long can we stay outside this war if this should happen ?

Markus
Not seen NK artillery ammo or NK personnel on fronts, Iran is too busy to suppress a revolution they will not send any big fighting force, Belarus army is irrelevant hardly a change against Ukraine army Belarus is used as threat and a stock country in all see not real danger from those countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-21-22, 02:31 PM   #7605
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
…Belarus is used as threat and a stock country in all see not real danger from those countries.

I kinda think the Russians are in Belarus primarily to quell any potential uprisings and keep Lukashcenka in power.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread