SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-09, 03:12 PM   #241
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

rest in peace Captian Alfod...
Old 08-09-09, 03:50 PM   #242
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Almighty God,

I pray for those who knew and loved Zeb Alford, and those whom he loved in turn.
Give them strength and comfort, assuage their grief with your Holy Spirit and succor their hearts with Your love.
Lift up their eyes to Heaven, O Lord, and raise their spirits in the knowledge that this man is now in Your glory, awaiting them and looking toward the day when they shall be reunited for all eternity.
Give unto them the peace that comes with understanding, Holy Father, that Zeb has not truly died but now resides by Your right hand alongside our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, biding a short time until the Resurrection.
May Your love and blessings be upon them all and their memory of Zeb will bring many cherished joys to heart, that they may know he lives on within the lives he touched and in Your Kingdom.

Amen

I offer this prayer in the sincere hope you will indeed be comforted in your loss. It took me some days to bring myself to write this. The loss of my own dad is still too recent. My Dad was my best friend, like I'm sure Zeb was to his own children.

There is one great realization that has brought me solace and I hope it will do the same for you...
As a Christian, there really is no such thing as death. When you think of the one you have lost, it's not so much a matter of "Goodbye." as it is "See you later!".

He's just gone ahead to Home while the rest of us must stay behind a little longer because God has need of us here, to share that love given to us by people such as my dad and Zeb Alford. Give it freely and to everyone, from the highest Admiral to the lowest fisherman.
Old 08-09-09, 05:31 PM   #243
patti
VIP

Downloads: 1
Default Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper View Post
Almighty God,

I pray for those who knew and loved Zeb Alford, and those whom he loved in turn.
Give them strength and comfort, assuage their grief with your Holy Spirit and succor their hearts with Your love.
Lift up their eyes to Heaven, O Lord, and raise their spirits in the knowledge that this man is now in Your glory, awaiting them and looking toward the day when they shall be reunited for all eternity.
Give unto them the peace that comes with understanding, Holy Father, that Zeb has not truly died but now resides by Your right hand alongside our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, biding a short time until the Resurrection.
May Your love and blessings be upon them all and their memory of Zeb will bring many cherished joys to heart, that they may know he lives on within the lives he touched and in Your Kingdom.

Amen

I offer this prayer in the sincere hope you will indeed be comforted in your loss. It took me some days to bring myself to write this. The loss of my own dad is still too recent. My Dad was my best friend, like I'm sure Zeb was to his own children.

There is one great realization that has brought me solace and I hope it will do the same for you...
As a Christian, there really is no such thing as death. When you think of the one you have lost, it's not so much a matter of "Goodbye." as it is "See you later!".

He's just gone ahead to Home while the rest of us must stay behind a little longer because God has need of us here, to share that love given to us by people such as my dad and Zeb Alford. Give it freely and to everyone, from the highest Admiral to the lowest fisherman.
What a beautiful prayer and I really appreciate those thoughts and I could not agree with you more. Dad is there waiting for all of us with open arms and is in a much better place .
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 08:07 PM   #244
JeffM
SubVet

Downloads: 0
Default All Who Knew Capt. Zeb

I met Catp. Zeb while helping with the Cavalla restoration. When the CHF was founded, there were some bad feelings amongst some of the initial volunteers, but Zeb kept a steady hand and never turned anyone away who wanted to help. The first few months were pretty lean with little funding, but Zeb went out and almost singlehandedly raised over $150,000 during the first year. Over time, he was directly responsible for over $500,000 in funds raised and who knows how much indirectly. I always enjoyed my time spent with Zeb and he truly loved Submarines and Submariners. His passing is a loss - I salute him. Jeff Morris
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 10:24 AM   #245
spork542
Chief

Downloads: 18

Rest in peace.

spork542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 10:56 AM   #246
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
I met Catp. Zeb while helping with the Cavalla restoration. When the CHF was founded, there were some bad feelings amongst some of the initial volunteers, but Zeb kept a steady hand and never turned anyone away who wanted to help. The first few months were pretty lean with little funding, but Zeb went out and almost singlehandedly raised over $150,000 during the first year. Over time, he was directly responsible for over $500,000 in funds raised and who knows how much indirectly. I always enjoyed my time spent with Zeb and he truly loved Submarines and Submariners. His passing is a loss - I salute him. Jeff Morris
Can someone do me a career obit on him please, I want to place it in my own US subs section on my main site. send either in here, or via pm.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 12:08 PM   #247
Baby Katie
VIP

Downloads: 2
Default Amazing Comrades

To all the men and women (a few) who have posted about our Dad- it is just an amazing tribute to the senior men who are leaving this earth and taking so much history with them. I always bugged Dad to write a book. Does anyone know if he did? I want to thank GRAF PAPER for your spiritual prayer. It meant so much to me being a strong believer in Christ.
To Admiral Von Gerlach- I loved the message to sent to Neal with your Angel artwork. They were exquisite; as have been all your supporting words to his girls. To John Wertz- Your email and story about Dad's humor and working with him reminds me so much of how he was.
My gratitude is coming to you all.

Baby Katie
Baby Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 01:49 PM   #248
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

My sincere condolences to the family of Capt. Zeb. A person who was so obviously kind, courageous and honorable. I never knew you, but after reading the posts, I know a little about you.

R.I.P Captain

Best wishes to all Cap's family.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 01:58 PM   #249
Officerpuppy
Engineer

Downloads: 0

I can't say I knew him, but from reading his bio in the first post, he has lived a facinating life and championed the restoration of the USS Cavalla which otherwise might of been sent to rust away at a dry dock or turned to scrap; truly a noble cause.

My condolences to his friends and family.
Officerpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 02:51 PM   #250
rasmus1896
Sparky

Rest in Peace...

Grey Wolf in Atlantic
rasmus1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 04:07 PM   #251
Cezbor
中国水兵

Downloads: 16

Rest in peace Captain.
Old 08-10-09, 04:23 PM   #252
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Patti, I've added the pictures you asked about. Joe Shook forwarded them my way.

Neal
Old 08-10-09, 04:33 PM   #253
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

This little project may be of your interest:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154718

A tribute mod for SH4.
If any of you would like to help make it out, please post in that thread what you do best.
A video creator would be nice...

If I have 12 good pictures (good resolution) to work on, I would like to handle that, or help with it.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 04:57 PM   #254
I-25
Commodore

Downloads: 24

R. I. P. Zeb

you'll be missed
I-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 06:10 PM   #255
patti
VIP

Default Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Patti, I've added the pictures you asked about. Joe Shook forwarded them my way.

Neal

Where were they added so that I can see them, thank you so much
patti is offline   Reply With Quote