SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-22, 09:58 AM   #1
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Extraction Mission (FotRSU 1.7)

I'm patrolling off Davao and I received a mission to extract guerillas from the Philippines. The blurb said something about extract between 0130 and 0330 otherwise try 24h later. I'm not sure if this is an actual gameplay mechanic or just there for flavour.
Anyway, what do I need to do? Get within 3nm and speed of 1kt or so? Which is the button to click to actually pick up the passengers - same button as rescuing downed pilots?
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 11:58 AM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
I'm patrolling off Davao and I received a mission to extract guerillas from the Philippines. The blurb said something about extract between 0130 and 0330 otherwise try 24h later. I'm not sure if this is an actual gameplay mechanic or just there for flavour.
Anyway, what do I need to do? Get within 3nm and speed of 1kt or so? Which is the button to click to actually pick up the passengers - same button as rescuing downed pilots?
If memory serves Me correctly... it is a sub mission, aka an... addendum, to your primary one.

Is set to the, not to the Mariveles docks but to the other one, in the harbor entrance... South docks... I think, there on Corregidor Isl., that dock.

Am not, in game/sim, at the moment... to cross check that, but... I do recall getting that sub add on mission to a primary one I had though that was neing in the Convoy College area. Had run short on torps, as I'd crossed paths with a combo task force/convoy 1/2 way between Manilla & Apari, headed SSE I wanna say... radioed in & was given the green light to sink targets of opportunity. I did so, got enough sank to clear it out & withdrew to continue heading on to My primary assigned goal.

While in the College area, ran across 1 nice target but it took a couple of torps to sink it & by then, was running a bit short. so... I beat it back towards Manilla to restock, choosing to hit Mari there to do so & was intending to head back to the primary to finish that out.

That got short circuited by getting that same message of extraction, or 1 similar to it. Can't rightly recall which, but remember enough to know it was in that same general vicinity.

Know that even after completing that add on... there is no drop off assigned to dump them off your sub... unless that, "oversight" was reworked in the latest update for FotRS...

Any who... hope this info helps.

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 12:42 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
The hours given are just an "immersion" type thing, since all such missions were "dark hours" objectives. All mission in the game are done by map zones, and not time, unfortunately. All we can do is guess where the player is by other map zones, and trigger messages that way. However, there will be a "star" designating the pick-up location, or if you used the add-in markers, a blue sign. You have to navigate to the designated area, and then maneuver to within roughly 3.2km of the center of the star, and preferably go All Stop and be below 2 knots. You have to be on the full Bridge view with the full menu. You then have to "target" the raft with the binoculars, and press the lifesaver icon button just like a regular Lifeguard mission.

Edit: There are a couple of missions that will fulfill by reaching the designated map zone's area. I am thinking in particular, to a mission where you are told to come on in to the dock. That is just a map zone by the dock, and does not involve a "Lifeguard" icon, just in getting close enough to hit the map zone.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-08-22 at 05:03 PM. Reason: disginated ?? whuh?? Also...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 08:20 PM   #4
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

Thanks. To clarify, this is March 1943, and I got this mission by requesting new orders since I had completed the previous one (reach patrol zone, sink ships).
I'm in the waters east of Mindanao island and the pick up is along Palawan.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote