SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-22, 10:31 AM   #13951
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Ok, What JSGME modding app does, is that it literally copy mods files into game directory, so its impossible to have game vanilla after mods installation.

So i would recommend to watch some JSGME usage tutorial, uninstall TWOS and also Silent Hunter 5, delete even game directory and then install everything back step by step by manual.

Note that you dont have to install JSGME in TWOS as its already installed after TWOS installation finishes.
You also dont have to unpack mods there etc. you just have to start JSGME as Administrator and activate mods which are already there for you from TWOS installation.
ALWAYS run JSGME as administrator
This tutorial is just to have idea, how JSGME works:

Last edited by palmic; 01-07-22 at 11:33 AM.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 05:16 PM   #13952
jorca2
Mate

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

Graphics Intel iris xe don't work in SH5 TWOS?? I would like to install in onexplayer console but when i install the Game Crash by graphic i think.
Not run
I would like play with Steam link on TV

Last edited by jorca2; 01-11-22 at 06:09 AM.
jorca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 12:48 PM   #13953
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5
wolf_howl15 Finally some tonnage

First mission where i met some steel after years off
First time i returned to Wilhelmshaven too early and i didn't know i was still not rebased from Kiel, so i just refitted guessing its because of unfinished patrols returned to English east coast..
I forgot lot of things, but now i am back

BTW. don't you know why KSD shows me 0 renown?
I was even starting new mission and i have no tonnage in KSD at all (2 missions done, which seems to be accurate)
Date in KSD is accurate to my current date in new mission after this one successful here, however tonnage was not respected.

palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 11:52 AM   #13954
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Hello Vecko
I have asked here before, but unfortunately I have not received any answer. I have TWOS updated to the latest version in that should the French fleet anchor in Toulon. Unfortunately, I don't have a fleet in Toulon. Don't know where the problem might be?
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 07:06 PM   #13955
Lionfour
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default No dialgue Box!

I need some help .... I extracted the files of the MEGA pack to the root game folder but when I select New Campaign I see NO area where I can type "silentotto"
Lionfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 10:41 PM   #13956
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
New comers may spend hours reading threads just to learn which mods to install. Even though there are threads where everyone list the mods they're currently using the list is often forty or more mods. This becomes confusing and tiresome. Where I once listed a set of recommend must have mods to start out with I now recommend you try The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod . There is also Magnum Opus v0.0.1 (BETA version for testing/feedback purposes). If you still rather custom mod it yourself then start by reading SH5 Mod Guide for Beginners.

When you install from the dvd if you want to use English type with German Language Speech select custom install.

NEWS FLASH
If you like to use your DVD to install SH5 on a new or different computer then your original install you may do so. Here's how;

The key is that the UbisoftGameLauncher that installs with the game is not enough. You must go online to your Uplay account and download the UbisoftGameLauncher App and install it all over again. It will give direct access to the log onto UPlay through a dialog box.

Once you have the dialog box you can click the gear box to change settings. Go to Network settings and check the box to 'Always start Uplay in offline mode'.

You may have to sign in and go online once and change to offline but I don't believe so.

Also if anyone is running Windows 10 or 8 you must change the SH5.exe properties | Compatibility and check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' ...as well as.... 'Run as administrator'

BEFORE YOU MOD
Check your game version is up to date. If not run the Updater found in your drive; \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe

If your game stutters try antilag for a stable frame rate and smoother graphics.

Next play the first campaign mission and complete it. It is a get to know the boat and crew tutorial and the full interface doesn't become available until you're done with this mission.

You could add mods at this point but you may want to do a mission with the full default interface and find out what's going to annoy you the most.

Set Game Options for the realism you want before going any further and starting your first real campaign mission. Whether continuing after the tutorial completion or starting a new campaign under a new name the game will present a mission diagram of the war years. Only the next mission will be available unless you apply the hack. There is no input screen here, just type silentotto to hack into all the missions throughout the years. Trust me just try it. Then choose your mission.

You will be in the sub bunker to begin the next mission but since you applied the hack you have no renown. Press ESC to go back to the main menu screen. Now go to the save\load screen and click on the top save which was autosave for you when you enter the hacked mission. This enters you back in with renown. Go see the supply officer first then see the flotilla commander.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...88&postcount=1

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 10:14 PM   #13957
Lionfour
Swabbie

Default TWOS MOD

I installed this mod and I am still discovering the wonderful enhancements to the Sim. An issue I did find is when I went below to the Engine room the Engines stopped running.

I get a kick out of watching the awesome detail on the Engines when we are cruising!

A Big TY to All involved with this project.
Old 01-29-22, 10:21 AM   #13958
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionfour View Post
I installed this mod and I am still discovering the wonderful enhancements to the Sim. An issue I did find is when I went below to the Engine room the Engines stopped running.

I get a kick out of watching the awesome detail on the Engines when we are cruising!

I don´t have the issue with 2.2.24. On surface, when I go to engine room, all works fine.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 04:04 PM   #13959
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:

i had that issue the other day first time i had it i just save the game and restarted the game and the engine went back to working
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 12:23 AM   #13960
Lionfour
Swabbie

Default Fixed

Quote:

I installed the OPEN HORIZON MOD and it cleared-up the problem.
Maybe just starting it over would-have too!
Old 01-30-22, 08:56 AM   #13961
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
I installed the OPEN HORIZON MOD and it cleared-up the problem.
Maybe just starting it over would-have too!
Open Horizons is included in TWoS and if you overwrote it with OH vanilla, you lost all the tweaks and addins Vecko added to OH in his own TWoS campaign (An overhauled OH). Also, you could have a CTD...

Not recommended.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 11:44 AM   #13962
Lionfour
Swabbie

Default Histoical Mission New Merchants

I just wanted to send a "situation" report out that the
New Merchant Historical Mission is

"Tonnage of Funnage"
Old 01-31-22, 11:48 AM   #13963
Lionfour
Swabbie

Default TWOS mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Open Horizons is included in TWoS and if you overwrote it with OH vanilla, you lost all the tweaks and addins Vecko added to OH in his own TWoS campaign (An overhauled OH). Also, you could have a CTD...

Not recommended.

Fitzcarraldo
TY for the info, I will remove it
Old 02-06-22, 06:24 AM   #13964
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527
Default French fleet in Toulon

Good day
so I already know how it is with the French fleet in Toulon. The fleet is moored in Toulon, but not until November 7. The fleet self-submerged on November 27. Would it be possible to place a fleet in Toulon for both Mediterranean campaigns?
Is it impossible for Toulon to guard French destroyers instead of Italians?
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 07:53 AM   #13965
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Quote:
New comers may spend hours reading threads just to learn which mods to install. Even though there are threads where everyone list the mods they're currently using the list is often forty or more mods. This becomes confusing and tiresome. Where I once listed a set of recommend must have mods to start out with I now recommend you try The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod . There is also Magnum Opus v0.0.1 (BETA version for testing/feedback purposes). If you still rather custom mod it yourself then start by reading SH5 Mod Guide for Beginners.

When you install from the dvd if you want to use English type with German Language Speech select custom install.

NEWS FLASH
If you like to use your DVD to install SH5 on a new or different computer then your original install you may do so. Here's how;

The key is that the UbisoftGameLauncher that installs with the game is not enough. You must go online to your Uplay account and download the UbisoftGameLauncher App and install it all over again. It will give direct access to the log onto UPlay through a dialog box.

Once you have the dialog box you can click the gear box to change settings. Go to Network settings and check the box to 'Always start Uplay in offline mode'.

You may have to sign in and go online once and change to offline but I don't believe so.

Also if anyone is running Windows 10 or 8 you must change the SH5.exe properties | Compatibility and check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' ...as well as.... 'Run as administrator'

BEFORE YOU MOD
Check your game version is up to date. If not run the Updater found in your drive; \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe

If your game stutters try antilag for a stable frame rate and smoother graphics.

Next play the first campaign mission and complete it. It is a get to know the boat and crew tutorial and the full interface doesn't become available until you're done with this mission.

You could add mods at this point but you may want to do a mission with the full default interface and find out what's going to annoy you the most.

Set Game Options for the realism you want before going any further and starting your first real campaign mission. Whether continuing after the tutorial completion or starting a new campaign under a new name the game will present a mission diagram of the war years. Only the next mission will be available unless you apply the hack. There is no input screen here, just type silentotto to hack into all the missions throughout the years. Trust me just try it. Then choose your mission.

You will be in the sub bunker to begin the next mission but since you applied the hack you have no renown. Press ESC to go back to the main menu screen. Now go to the save\load screen and click on the top save which was autosave for you when you enter the hacked mission. This enters you back in with renown. Go see the supply officer first then see the flotilla commander.

Hi, can you help please I cannot find where to tick the box 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' , where is?, thank you very much

Last edited by tonschk; 02-07-22 at 08:06 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote