SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-20, 05:15 AM   #3571
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 06:40 AM   #3572
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...314-5/fulltext

Quote:
Interpretation

Although patients in our study presented with predominately mild, non-specific symptoms, infectiousness before or on the day of symptom onset was substantial. Additionally, the incubation period was often very short and false-negative tests occurred. These results suggest that although the outbreak was controlled, successful long-term and global containment of COVID-19 could be difficult to achieve.
Old 05-17-20, 06:51 AM   #3573
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I agree with all their five points, and to support Taiwan and the shameful role of the WHO on Taiwain I have pointed out myself. I just fera that the eU and especially the Germans will no follow and will be "concerned" and will avoid conflict and will want to convince by cooperation and appeasement. The German goverment alraeyd send crystalclear signals of how indferent and conflict-avoiding it will react to China, although behidn the curtain a BND report shiws that alraedy in early January the BND has warned of China, but the govenrment decided to beleive the blatant lies fro China instead. The BND says that many weeks got wasted due to the Chinese lies and that many people lost their health, also lives, due to the Chinese lies.

Still this criminal regime acts and behaves arrognatly as if it stands above the rest of mankind. Which is exactly the Chiense long-lastign self-understanding, its where the german term "das Reich der Mitte" originally stems from: the power at th centre, that term means.

Add to the list of Chinese lying ansd fraud that the equipment and the amsks they sent often are cheap, useless copies and unsuited quality that is not fit to do what it is supposed to do, and that they instead forge quality seals and tehcncial certifications.

China is not our friend, and it cannot be trusted. it is high time that especially the Germans amongst the Europeans, but the other Europeans as well, finally understand this. It has come to dominate, not to share. And it can only be meet and made stopping by force. Economic force, potlical force, fincial force where possible, and if needed: military force.

Stop playing nice with China. They betray us whereever they can. Chinese traders and merchants are famous and much dispised for projecting this policy in the far east since centuries. And now they do it globally.
Old 05-17-20, 07:26 AM   #3574
Skybird
Soaring

^ Adding to the above: why Taiwan won't have a seat at the table. China will simply sit the crisis out. Western politics know no longterm strategy, they are only serving and base on the short term memory. And sometimes live shorter than even that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52661181
Old 05-17-20, 10:40 AM   #3575
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Might be more politics than health care related but it is pertinent to disease related death counts:

Quote:
The state of New York omitted coronavirus deaths from nursing homes and adult care facilities after it was revealed that a significant amount of individuals were dying from the virus in those types of residences.
The New York Department of Health admitted that its most recent reporting does not fully account for the known coronavirus deaths among nursing home residents, according to the Daily Caller News Foundation.
In early May, reports from the state started to leave out long-term care residents who lost their lives from the coronavirus in hospitals, and New York still leads the nation in nursing home deaths, with 5,433 as of Wednesday.
The New York Department of Health confirmed it was disclosing nursing home deaths regardless of whether the patient died there or in a hospital until around April 28. But the department made a “subtle” change around May 3, according to web archives, and now only reports deaths if the patient died while physically present at a facility.
New York’s coronavirus tracker “currently does not include out of facility deaths,” Jill Montag, an NYSDOH spokeswoman, said. “Deaths of nursing home and adult care facility residents that occurred at hospitals is accounted for in the overall fatality data on our COVID-19 tracker.”
“In other words, New York’s nursing home and adult care facility coronavirus deaths tracker omits any individuals who contracted coronavirus while living at a long-term care facility but died in a hospital,” the Daily Caller article states.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...eporting-rules
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 02:59 AM   #3576
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Well, it seems a whole lot of the "substance" of those flailing about claims about a possible accidental or deliberate release of Covid-19 from the Wuhan lab and who reiterated claims made in shadowy "reports" has been proven to be false, or, as The Daily Beast puts it:

Quote:

A shocking report suggesting that the coronavirus was “release[d from] the Wuhan Institute of Virology” in China is now circulating in U.S. military and intelligence circles and on Capitol Hill. But there’s a critical flaw in the report, a Daily Beast analysis reveals: Some of its most seemingly persuasive evidence is false—provably false.

Not just false -- provably false...

...and The Daily Beast does prove it false in great detail:

Busted: Pentagon Contractors’ Report on ‘Wuhan Lab’ Origins of Virus Is Bogus --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pentag...virus-is-bogus

Just how badly the MACE Report was cobbled together is astounding; it appears they really didn't think anyone else would either question their "findings" or make an effort to verify them; the level of hubris of the authors of the report to actually believe they would actually get away with it is matched only by the depth of their stupidity in even trying to pull their con...

BTW, a segment of the above article also deals with another alleged "proof" much touted by the Right and the conspiracy crowd, the so-called Australia Dossier; based on the above article it has about as much verity as the Mace Report; I have little doubt Trump and his minions will still try to use the discredited "proofs" to support their efforts to save Trump's flailing and failing reelection bid...

Its situations like the Mace Report, the Australian Dossier, and any and all manner of tin-hat conspiracy lunacy that detracts from the true facts about the current pandemic and hinders efforts to seek a resolution of the current crisis...

Things go a whole lot easier when people try pulling ideas from their brains instead of their butts...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 05-18-20 at 03:12 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 04:28 AM   #3577
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-18-20, 04:30 AM   #3578
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-18-20, 04:32 AM   #3579
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-18-20, 07:24 AM   #3580
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Well, it seems a whole lot of the "substance" of those flailing about claims about a possible accidental or deliberate release of Covid-19 from the Wuhan lab and who reiterated claims made in shadowy "reports" has been proven to be false, or, as The Daily Beast puts it:

Not just false -- provably false...

...and The Daily Beast does prove it false in great detail:

Busted: Pentagon Contractors’ Report on ‘Wuhan Lab’ Origins of Virus Is Bogus --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pentag...virus-is-bogus

Just how badly the MACE Report was cobbled together is astounding; it appears they really didn't think anyone else would either question their "findings" or make an effort to verify them; the level of hubris of the authors of the report to actually believe they would actually get away with it is matched only by the depth of their stupidity in even trying to pull their con...

BTW, a segment of the above article also deals with another alleged "proof" much touted by the Right and the conspiracy crowd, the so-called Australia Dossier; based on the above article it has about as much verity as the Mace Report; I have little doubt Trump and his minions will still try to use the discredited "proofs" to support their efforts to save Trump's flailing and failing reelection bid...

Its situations like the Mace Report, the Australian Dossier, and any and all manner of tin-hat conspiracy lunacy that detracts from the true facts about the current pandemic and hinders efforts to seek a resolution of the current crisis...

Things go a whole lot easier when people try pulling ideas from their brains instead of their butts...

You seem heavily invested in discrediting any suspicion that China may be culpable in releasing this virus.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 07:56 AM   #3581
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The WHO's decision-making body is meeting as members call for an investigation into the handling of the pandemic.

China's President Xi defends his country's response and says review can happen after virus "under control"

More European countries are relaxing lockdown restrictions on Monday, with bars and restaurants reopening in Italy.

The UK adds loss of smell or taste to the list of coronavirus symptoms people should look out for.

Japan enters first recession since 2015, with 0.9% GDP drop in first quarter.

The mayor of Brazil's biggest city, Sao Paulo, warns its health system is close to collapse.

Globally, there are 4.7 million confirmed cases and 315,000 deaths.

Old 05-18-20, 10:55 AM   #3582
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-18-20, 12:39 PM   #3583
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The WHO's decision-making body is meeting as members call for an investigation into the handling of the pandemic.
I hope they come up with the right answer

Quote:
The UK adds loss of smell or taste to the list of coronavirus symptoms people should look out for.
OMG my bathroom doesn't smell anymore maybe I have the coronavirus

Quote:

The mayor of Brazil's biggest city, Sao Paulo, warns its health system is close to collapse.
It's really getting bad in Brazil

Coronavirus spreads to Brazil’s rainforest areas, infecting Amazonian native communities

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...re-to-covid-19

Quote:
In the remote Amazon community of Betania, Tikuna tribe members suspect the coronavirus arrived this month after some returned from a two-hour boat trip down the Solimoes River to pick up their government benefit payments.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 01:25 PM   #3584
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You seem heavily invested in discrediting any suspicion that China may be culpable in releasing this virus.

Not at all. I have neither said that they are culpable or not culpable; and, upon presentation of definitive, verifiable, and/or provable evidence, I am open to a judgement either way; there are too many shadows of doubt in what is being bandied about currently by both sides. I am just pointing out how so many of the "proofs" and "smoking guns" touted by the conspiracy nutters and regurgitated as "fact(s)" by the Oval Office have really little or no substance or truth when held up to the light of day and seriously scrutinized. I have always made a point of advising a course of sort of "trust, but verify"; don't just take what is presented as fact, even if it seems to come from 'trusted", 'official', or 'informed' sources; go out and do the homework, check to see if what is being presented is indeed whole cloth or just a tissue of gibberish. I had my doubts about the MACE Report when I saw the "document" itself as posted on the Web: it is little more than a seeming PowerPoint presentation and a rather amateurish effort at that...

Maybe China did or didn't accidentally or deliberately release Covid-19, I just don't see any definitive, untainted proof either way; one thing is certain, I do consider the source of the proffered "proof" when it is presented; Pompeo, and Trump, both declared there was substantial evidence and proof to support the White House claims of China's quite possibly deliberate release of Covid-19 just prior to the release of the MACE Report; if the MACE Report forms the bulk of their "proof", they are indeed pulling ideas out of their butts; as a side note, in the days after the Pompeo/Trump assertions, aside from the MACE Report, not a single shred of verifiable, provable evidence has been presented to back up their claims and/or innuendos, so where is their evidence? We're still waiting and still not ready to drink their Kool-Aid...

So, anyone got anything definitive, verifiable, and/or provable either way about the Wuhan Lab and its involvement in the Covid-19 outbreak? Don't know about anyone else, but pronouncements by a well-known lying sack and his minions simply don't make the cut in the search for the truth...

<O>
Old 05-18-20, 01:31 PM   #3585
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I hope they come up with the right answer

The right answer or the truth? There is no "right" answer in any situation unless you are seeking a specific outcome to suit one's perceived needs. If you are seeking truth, then it is the truth that must be sought and found, not a subjective "right" answer...

Since you brought it up, maybe you can tell us what you perceive as the "right" answer in this case of the Covid-19 inquiries...

<O>

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan