SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-16, 08:43 PM   #11581
Rocko
Watch

Downloads: 274
Uploads: 0
gear Re: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18 not picking options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Activate the mods and then start a new career please .
Hi Sober,

Thanks for such a great mod. I reinstalled the game and mod for second time and started a new career (Coastal Waters) and this time didn't upgrade anything at Memel except for the snorkel in the Options Editor. However, I forgot to enter and exit bunker...

Net result is that still the options I set in the Options Editor (NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18) are not being applied. It seems the only option being used is the snorkel.

One thing is that except for NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18 and a few other mods, I'm using the Sober mega Mod mods from my previous game installation that are the same version as in your latest mod list.

Not sure if I should download all mods and reinstall ...

Please advise.
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 10:44 PM   #11582
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
I deleted all game files, patch the game to v 1.2 and also patch the game using TDW patcher and re-installed latest Sober's mega Mod along with the required 'NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18' Mod. Next, I followed the standard procedure for starting a new campaing, and while in the bunker I disabled all mods and changed a few options in OptionsFileEditorViewer, enabled all modes and the snorkel and then restarted the game.

I noticed that except for the snorkel, none of the other options I changed in the options editor got activated in the game.
Perhaps the snorkel is working since it may have been saved properly before March 29 and 30th postings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko View Post

Next result is that still the options I set in the Options Editor (NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18) are not being applied. It seems the only option being used is the snorkel.

One thing is that except for NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith test version 18 and a few other mods, I'm using the Sober mega Mod mods from my previous game installation that are the same version as in your latest mod list.
I did not spot any note that you saved the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file after making your changes in the editor. Have more than one TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file? Point to the proper menu.txt file?

Options File Editor/Viewer v1.0.32.0 by TheDarkWraith
Reading in cfg file...
Entry found: SH5InstallPath=?
Entry found: LastMenuTXT=?
Entry found: LastChosenOptionsFilePath=?
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 02:36 AM   #11583
Rocko
Watch

Downloads: 274

Hi MIke, Sober,

Thanks for your insight, I found the problem. I just switch to this new computer and the file system has issue with long file names and I had a few files missing, I need to fix this first.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Perhaps the snorkel is working since it may have been saved properly before March 29 and 30th postings?

I did not spot any note that you saved the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file after making your changes in the editor. Have more than one TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file? Point to the proper menu.txt file?

Options File Editor/Viewer v1.0.32.0 by TheDarkWraith
Reading in cfg file...
Entry found: SH5InstallPath=?
Entry found: LastMenuTXT=?
Entry found: LastChosenOptionsFilePath=?
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-16, 02:25 PM   #11584
vladimir bondarenko
Sailor man

Downloads: 300
Default question

Please tell me the captain. In mod Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC in the radio message contains the following information: FDU 1939/08/23 | Apply "Transport exercise LUEBECK" to Danzig Bay only. Where can I read the information about this event?
vladimir bondarenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 02:41 AM   #11585
guruganesh
Swabbie

Downloads: 130
Default No super/destroyedmarks save with New_Uis_TDC_7_5_0

Hi!
Updated to 7_5_0 test 18 - and super/destroyedmarks aren't saved anymore. With 7_4_2, destroyed marks never showed up - but supermarks worked. Now, with 7_5_0 i have both - but after reload, everything is gone. Created a new journal before new career, "save navigation fixes etc..." window appeared, all boxes checked, checked journal with journal editor - no entries for super/destroyedmarks. Destroyedmarks are activated in generic patcher. My mod soup: close to sobers megamod. Searched forums - couldn't find this problem...?!?
guruganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 05:36 AM   #11586
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi g
Check the settings at the bottom of the Nav map in TDW's Option File Editor Viewer.
You should see at least 1 additional tool above the compass.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-16, 02:52 AM   #11587
guruganesh
Swabbie

Hi berbster,
thx for advice - tested 7_5_0 standalone with patched (generic patcher) sh5 stockfiles: supermarks are overwritten when saved the next time - and if saved, they remain invisible. 7_4_2 is working. Am i really the only one with this issue...?!?
Old 04-28-16, 04:23 AM   #11588
THEBERBSTER

Hi G
There is a patch that needs to be enabled in the GFP for 7-5-0 as showing in the picture did you do this.
No changes were necessary when you used 7-4-2 so you may have missed this necessary patch.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 04-28-16 at 04:41 AM.
Old 04-28-16, 04:30 AM   #11589
meta45
Swabbie

Downloads: 160

Szia Kapinyányok!
Betöltéskor víz alatt kinn állok a toronyba, csak akkor tudok tovább
játszani, ha kinyitom a lebúvót és lemászok a hajóba. Ja a figyelőtisz is velem van. Mi ez? Bug?
Lehet valamit tenni?
Üdv. meta45

meta45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-16, 04:33 AM   #11590
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruganesh View Post
Hi berbster,
thx for advice - tested 7_5_0 standalone with patched (generic patcher) sh5 stockfiles: supermarks are overwritten when saved the next time - and if saved, they remain invisible. 7_4_2 is working. Am i really the only one with this issue...?!?
do mean super marks or destroyed ship marks ????
for destroyed ship marks follow THEBERBSTER instruction for supermarks u must check the option in the ship journal to save and show the super marks in the next load of the game too and also when u load the save game u need to load the ship journal too .......
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-16, 04:40 AM   #11591
THEBERBSTER

Hi Sjizzle
He means the super marks but I did not have the answer to that and wondered if he had not enabled the destroyed marks also.
Peter
Old 04-30-16, 02:22 PM   #11592
guruganesh
Swabbie

Hi Peter & Sjizzle!
Thank you for support - i missed to reload the journal IN GAME. Supermarks worked with 7_4_2 with journal activated by start screen...
Working fine now...!
Old 05-08-16, 01:04 PM   #11593
vladimir bondarenko
Sailor man

Downloads: 300

Dear TheDarkWraith, tell me, is it possible to implement in the game function from the simultaneous use of diesel engines and electric motors, as it was in reality.
vladimir bondarenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-16, 03:31 PM   #11594
chukiller
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 44

Hi,
Can someone help me with this mod. every time I enable it with JSGME in the game I get lots of boxes Maps and log books allover the screen. I cant get rid of then. Can anyone help me with this? There is a screen shot attached.
chukiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-16, 01:46 PM   #11595
Partsking
Watch

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukiller View Post
Hi,
Can someone help me with this mod. every time I enable it with JSGME in the game I get lots of boxes Maps and log books allover the screen. I cant get rid of then. Can anyone help me with this? There is a screen shot attached.
Yep, same thing.

Any help?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui