Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-24, 06:01 AM   #7486
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Hope the Translator works.

About a new progressive group of voters who consider the excesses of the woken and identity ideology so dangerous that they are helping Trump get re-elected precisely because of it.

https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/warum-...en&_x_tr_hl=de
Old 02-25-24, 10:14 AM   #7487
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

'They are going to empty the coffers': GOP panics as Trump’s legal costs hurt fundraising

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump's mounting legal bills are threatening the Republican Party's ability to fundraise ahead of a pivotal presidential election.

The Washington Post reports that the Republican National Committee (RNC) is already starting to fret about its finances given that it's trailing the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in fundraising by an almost three-to-one margin. The DNC has roughly $25 million in cash on hand, compared to the RNC's $8.7 million. And between President Joe Biden's campaign and the Trump campaign, the difference looms even larger: Biden had more than $56 million in cash available by the end of January 2024, whereas Trump had less than $31 million. At the end of 2023, Biden also led in unique donors, with 172,000 to Trump's 143,000 unique donors.

Leading GOP figures are now starting to question whether that gap can be closed at all given that Trump still needs to pay for his legal defense in four looming criminal trials this year.

"[Trump] needs to raise money. Look what Democrats are raising. I told him, they are going to empty the coffers here," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) told the Post. "It’s one of the things that concerns me."

Aside from his legal bills for defending himself from 91 felony charges, the former president has also been crushed under the weight of multiple civil judgments. Earlier this month, writer E. Jean Carroll won an $83.3 million judgment against Trump for defamation, and a New York clerk recently entered in a total cost of $454 million for Trump's civil fraud judgment, when taking interest into account. The ex-president is now facing roughly $111,000 per day in new interest until that judgment is paid, even as he appeals the verdict. The Post estimated that in 2023 alone, roughly 23% of all money raised by Trump's affiliated political action committees went toward paying his legal costs.

Unlike Trump, Biden and the DNC are unburdened by legal woes, and are free to spend on advertising and organizing in both competitive battleground states along with high-profile US Senate races.

"It's been a tough couple of weeks if you are Donald Trump and also like money,” Biden rapid response director Ammar Moussa told the Post. "While Trump, with the help of his ultrarich donors, burn cash paying for Trump’s... challenges, our campaign is proud of its historic war chest whose funds are going to reach the voters who will decide the election this November."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...0af6cc55&ei=43

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-24, 11:04 AM   #7488
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

About a new progressive group of voters who consider the excesses of the woken and identity ideology so dangerous that they are helping Trump get re-elected precisely because of it.

Too bad, its either a browser setting or blocker thing or NZZ tries really hard not to get quoted. They change their site policies all the time in a bid to avoid quotations.
Old 02-25-24, 12:04 PM   #7489
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Some of them also moved to Russia.
I wonder how that's working out?
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-24, 12:25 PM   #7490
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

I like the tee shirt.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-24, 10:11 AM   #7491
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Joe Biden wins Michigan primary despite sizeable Gaza protest vote

Quote:
President Joe Biden is projected to win Michigan's Democratic presidential primary comfortably, despite a significant protest vote over strong US support for Israel in the war in Gaza.

Mr Biden won 80% of the vote, according to projections, but the "uncommitted" exceeded expectations with 13%.

His campaign will pay close attention to see if that result in the key swing state will spread nationwide.

Many voters have been angered by the US stance in the Israel-Hamas conflict.

Activists from the group Listen to Michigan hailed the size of the "uncommitted" vote - more than 100,000 - as a victory.

The result could bolster similar protest efforts underway in states like Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.

People were in tears at the organisation's watch party as tallies were periodically updated.

Former congressman Andy Levin, who supports the "uncommitted" vote, told the crowd: "I take no joy in being here tonight. This moment is a child of necessity because people are dying by the thousands."

The US is a close ally of Israel, providing it with billions of dollars in military aid.

Earlier this month the US vetoed a UN resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, while proposing a draft of its own, urging a temporary ceasefire.

Many people, including in Mr Biden's own party, want the president to take a much stronger stance against Israel's military campaign.

On the eve of the Michigan vote, Mr Biden said he hoped there would be a pause in fighting in Gaza by Monday - a statement that was not echoed by either Israel or Hamas.

Mr Trump is also projected to easily win Tuesday's Republican primary in the state, after what he called a "great day".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68420519

Old 02-29-24, 02:07 PM   #7492
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Trump disqualified from Illinois ballots by state judge over insurrection

Quote:
Donald Trump has been disqualified from appearing on the Republican presidential primary ballot in Illinois over his role in the insurrection at the US Capitol on 6 January 2021.

On Wednesday, Cook County Circuit Judge Tracie Porter sided with voters who argued that the former president should be disqualified from the state’s 19 March primary ballot and the 5 November general election ballot for violating the anti-insurrection clause of the US Constitution’s 14th Amendment.

However, Judge Porter delayed her ruling from taking effect in light of an expected appeal by the former president.

A campaign spokesperson for Trump, the national frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination, confirmed the intention in a statement which called the ruling “unconstitutional”.
The outcome of the Illinois case and similar challenges will likely be decided by the US Supreme Court, which heard arguments related to Mr Trump’s ballot eligibility on 8 February. Oral arguments on his “immunity” defence will take place on 22 April – in the middle of a primary election calendar and Mr Trump’s busy schedule of multiple criminal and civil cases.

Following the ruling in Illinois, the advocacy group Free Speech For People, which spearheaded the Illinois disqualification effort, praised the ruling as a "historic victory" in a statement.

Colorado and Maine earlier removed the former president from their state ballots after determining he is disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. Both decisions are also on hold while Mr Trump appeals.

Section 3 bars from public office anyone who took an oath to support the US Constitution and then has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

Supporters of Mr Trump attacked police and swarmed the Capitol on 6 January 2021 in a bid to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

The former president gave an incendiary speech to supporters beforehand, telling them to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell." He then for hours did not act on requests that he urge the mob to stop.

The Supreme Court is currently weighing Mr Trump’s challenge to his Colorado disqualification. The justices in Washington appeared sceptical of the decision during oral arguments in the case, expressing concerns about states taking sweeping actions that could affect the national election.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...8b320cdc&ei=19

Old 03-01-24, 03:19 AM   #7493
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I think the democrats are starting to panic a bit.

Old 03-01-24, 04:04 PM   #7494
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The ball is rolling now Illinois is the third state who has demanded Trump being removed from the ballot.

It all depend on the Supreme Court in the end - if they give the green light many more states will follow.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 04:53 PM   #7495
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The ball is rolling now Illinois is the third state who has demanded Trump being removed from the ballot.

It all depend on the Supreme Court in the end - if they give the green light many more states will follow.

Markus

Some might even go the other way and remove old Joe.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 05:04 PM   #7496
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
if they give the green light many more states will follow.
And soon after? The 2nd Civil War in the U.S.A. will start.
Old 03-01-24, 08:44 PM   #7497
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
And soon after? The 2nd Civil War in the U.S.A. will start.
And fizzle out as a misplaced bad idea brought to you by fragile snowflake sore losers that can't imagine their viewpoint isn't popular.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 09:42 AM   #7498
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

We are approaching Super Tuesday which is on the 5th of March.

I have no doubt that Trump will get these 870-something electoral in these state elections

Now imagine following:
He get these 1200-something electoral and are elected as the Rep. candidate. Not so long after Supreme court gives the green light to remove Him from the ballot.

I know my imagination does run away with me. However I'm trying to see the outcome if this should happen.

I doubt it would mean 2nd Civil War I say massive public unrest will happen in many places in the USA

I do also know that Russia and China will clap their hands in joy.

Old 03-03-24, 11:39 AM   #7499
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I don't think China would welcome another Trump presidency. It would not be good for their economy.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 11:50 AM   #7500
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I don't think China would welcome another Trump presidency. It would not be good for their economy.
I meant if Trump is removed from your ballot in the upcoming Presidential election and civil unrest happens China and Russia will clap their hands in joy

Markus