Old 10-07-22, 03:32 PM   #7111
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Danish Ekstra Bladet writes:

[...]- Either he will be deposed, killed or commit suicide, Enerud tells the newspaper.[...]

Markus

Considering that the most vocal opposition to Putin in Russia currently seems to be the radical pro-war faction (i.e. the group that thinks the Russian army should be even more brutal and Russia as a whole should be more aggressive) this actually worries me.

Getting rid of Putin might be a way out, but certainly not if he is replaced by someone even worse.
Old 10-07-22, 04:04 PM   #7112
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Der Tagesspiegel writes:
--------------------------
According to a report in the Financial Times, there has recently been an increase in failures of the "Starlink" satellites of the SpaceX company in Ukraine. These satellites have been providing Internet access in Ukraine for many months and also support Ukrainian troops in war planning.

According to an officer of the Ukrainian troops, the failures have already resulted in "catastrophic" communication losses. Experts announce devastating consequences in case of further restriction.
The Tagesspiegel app Current news, background information and analyses directly to your smartphone. Plus the digital newspaper. Download it here for free.

Military officials in Ukraine fear a secret agreement between SpaceX CEO Elon Musk and Russian President Vladimir Putin. Musk already caused a stir earlier this week when he launched polls on Twitter about possible "peace plans" for Ukraine. The proposals showed strong similarities to the Kremlin's demands.

The Ukrainian side expressed indignation at the tweets and also responded via the short message service. "The only result is that no Ukrainian will ever buy your ****ing Tesla crap," outgoing Ukrainian Ambassador to Germany Andrey Melnyk wrote, "**** off is my diplomatic response to you."

Ukrainian President Volodomyr Selenskyj also responded with a sarcastic tweet in Elon Musk's direction.

The weekly newspaper "The Economist" now suspects that Vladimir Putin may persuade Musk to completely withdraw access to "Starlink" for Ukraine. He has already denied a request for access from the annexed Crimean peninsula, according to Ukrainian sources.

Outages often occur during counter-offensives

What is striking about the outages in Ukraine is that they usually occurred at the same time as conquests by Ukrainian troops, thus weakening counteroffensives. The failures were reported from Kherson, Zaporizhzhya, Kharkiv, and Donetsk and Luhansk. Ukraine recently made strong advances in these same regions.

Several Ukrainian soldiers confirmed the sudden satellite outage during ongoing fighting. Western military officials also confirmed outages but would not elaborate on their claims.

The coordinator of an organization that had donated "Starlink" satellites to Ukraine indicated that SpaceX was simply trying to prevent possible misuse. "For me it is absolutely clear that this is done by representatives of Starlink to prevent the use of their technology by the Russian occupation forces," he told the Financial Times.

----------------------------------

If its true that Musk collaborates with the Kremlin, he must, by any means, be taken care of. Such action to drive a dagger into the Ukrainians' back cannot be tolerated, at no cost.
The company mentioned they intended to limit the coverage area in the occupied territory's in order to restrict usage by the Russians, this is just a slight problem I think will be fixed as temporary lines are drawn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-07-22, 04:10 PM   #7113
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Considering that the most vocal opposition to Putin in Russia currently seems to be the radical pro-war faction (i.e. the group that thinks the Russian army should be even more brutal and Russia as a whole should be more aggressive) this actually worries me.

Getting rid of Putin might be a way out, but certainly not if he is replaced by someone even worse.
His cohorts of hardliners maybe are worse you never know what you get instead not seen a coup or power struggle bring any enlighten leaders in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-07-22, 09:04 PM   #7114
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Downloads: 16
Default We have been invaded

2 Russian men infiltrated Alaska via boat from Siberia, and have requested asylum in the United States.
Old 10-07-22, 11:44 PM   #7115
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Bill View Post
2 Russian men infiltrated Alaska via boat from Siberia, and have requested asylum in the United States.
Send them back. They don't qualify for asylum.

Quote:
An asylum claimant must demonstrate persecution based on one of the five protected grounds (race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion).
Old 10-08-22, 12:10 AM   #7116
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105
Default Crimean Bridge Burning

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUTIN

First reporting at 6am Ukraine time attack on bridge
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ding-to-crimea

Both spans of rail and highway damaged
Old 10-08-22, 12:17 AM   #7117
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Agree, they should go to a POW type camp till the war is over then returned.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 10-08-22, 12:34 AM   #7118
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Agree, they should go to a POW type camp till the war is over then returned.
When did war get declared between Russia and the US?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-08-22, 02:48 AM   #7119
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Not saying that but what if many others go to the US just to escape military service? And lets not forget they could be Russian spies or terrorists.
Btw I didn't say concentration camp!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 10-08-22, 04:41 AM   #7120
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Any new son how serious the damage on the Kerch bridge is? I do not know how it is constructed, it must hold a rail track and at least one car traffic lane, one such car lane has collapsed, there are pics of it lying in the water, but is there a second one, and what is about the rail track? Any support pipes attached to the construction that could be ripped off, too?
How long to repair? I do not take it from the images that the bridge is infintely down.
Old 10-08-22, 05:15 AM   #7121
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Who is behind the partial destruction of Kerth Bridge ?

Is it Russian who is fighting Putin ?
Is it Ukrainian partisans ?
Is it UA special forces ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 10-08-22, 05:27 AM   #7122
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The bridge has collapsed.

The road section of the only crossing from occupied Crimea collapses after an explosion.

The blast on the road bridge led to oil tankers on the rail section catching fire.

The bridge, built on the orders of Vladimir Putin, is a key link to move military equipment into Ukraine.

Ukrainian president adviser Mykhailo Podolyak described the explosion as "the beginning"

"Everything illegal must be destroyed, everything stolen must be returned to Ukraine," he says.

Russia's president has been briefed about the explosion and has ordered a government inquiry, a Kremlin spokesman says.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-08-22, 05:33 AM   #7123
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-08-22, 05:40 AM   #7124
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-08-22, 05:53 AM   #7125
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Undermining of Kerch bridge is special operation of SSU - Source

The undermining of the illegally built bridge across the Kerch Strait was a special operation of the Security Service of Ukraine.

As Censor.NET informs, this was reported to the Interfax-Ukraine agency by a source in the law enforcement agencies of Ukraine.

"The blowing up of the Crimean bridge is a special operation of the SSU," the interlocutor of the agency said on Saturday.

At the same time, the SSU has not yet officially commented on its participation in these events. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3372323

Closed Thread